[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Billups tired of ‘being the good guy’ after getting waived by Knicks
Author Thread
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
12/10/2011  6:26 PM
Hmmmmmmm.... funny how no one's weighing in with all the "players for the love of the game" bullshit now.
And this load of self-centered, victim-mentality sheehit from one of the leaders of the once hyped, soon to be player's league...

Attitude reflects leadership, captain.

Nice.

+1 to all the STFU posts.

AUTOADVERT
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
12/10/2011  6:30 PM
Gimmeabreak!

You are in the NBA and you know trades and changes like this can happen. You get paid 14mill for this. And after a solid career and after creating a legacy, you pout like a crybaby to the media?

You know who he sounds like to me after reading this? Like a WWE wrestler who is making a silly turn from face to heel. And that always sounds silly.

I know he just wants to scare teams away, but there are certain contending teams that if they pick him up it would be a nice situation for all. I just think he hates the fact he cant simply go and sign quickly with the Heat.

Hope he doesn't get there.

Knicks_Fan
matt
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #487
USA
12/10/2011  7:58 PM
from Ian O'Connor's twitter:

"Billups on possibly facing #Knicks in playoffs: "I would like a chance at them, I'll tell u that much. I'd absolutely love that."

and on whether we are title contender:

"I think they are probably a couple of pieces short, but I won't say what those pieces are"

Someone is salty. Does he not realize that part of getting millions of dollars to play a game for a living is that you can be relocated at any time? And that he'll most likely break down before the playoffs, as he did here. He can take his fastbreak pullup 3s to wherever he wants as far as I'm concerned

Childs2Dudley
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #3051
USA
12/10/2011  8:03 PM
I am losing respect for Chauncey by the minute.
"Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us." - Earl Nightingale
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/10/2011  8:07 PM
It's amazing how most people here forget that NBA players are humans. Because they're paid high, they're just supposed shut up for their whole lives.
Knicksfan
USA
12/10/2011  8:13 PM
Hahahahaha Billups really lost it. After sucking up for much of his short stay with us, playing matador defense and shooting insane early 3s, after having his option picked up, after this long stay in the NBA where things like this can happen, especially in the last year of his contract and being close to retiring...

He now holds a grudge on the Knicks? Bah, this guy is losing the respect many, including me, had for him. Perfect, lets face him and beat him straight. That is, if he is healthy enough to do it.

Knicks_Fan
Knicksfan
USA
12/10/2011  8:13 PM
Hahahahaha Billups really lost it. After sucking up for much of his short stay with us, playing matador defense and shooting insane early 3s, after having his option picked up, after this long stay in the NBA where things like this can happen, especially in the last year of his contract and being close to retiring...

He now holds a grudge on the Knicks? Bah, this guy is losing the respect many, including me, had for him. Perfect, lets face him and beat him straight. That is, if he is healthy enough to do it.

Knicks_Fan
Mray20
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3138

12/10/2011  8:15 PM
Childs2Dudley wrote:I am losing respect for Chauncey by the minute.

Right there with you, he should know after being traded a million times that this is a business it's not personal , he's got 14 million reasons not to be upset and to have some class

No layups!
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
12/10/2011  8:18 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/10/2011  8:18 PM
matt wrote:Does he not realize that part of getting millions of dollars to play a game for a living is that you can be relocated at any time?

What makes you think he did not realize that? He's not claiming that the Knicks did anything in violation of the law or the league rules. Likewise, he has not done anything illegal or in violation of the league rules. People here correctly realize that an NBA player can be moved to a new team at any moment but are under the incorrect belief that a player cannot use his free speech rights to try to impact the team he is relocated to. Both (relocating the player and the player trying to impact the process) are equally legitimate within US law and NBA rules.
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
12/10/2011  8:31 PM
matt wrote:from Ian O'Connor's twitter:

"Billups on possibly facing #Knicks in playoffs: "I would like a chance at them, I'll tell u that much. I'd absolutely love that."

"I think they are probably a couple of pieces short, but I won't say what those pieces are"

Someone is salty. Does he not realize that part of getting millions of dollars to play a game for a living is that you can be relocated at any time? And that he'll most likely break down before the playoffs, as he did here. He can take his fastbreak pullup 3s to wherever he wants as far as I'm concerned

The question is, if his new squad makes it to the playoffs, will he actually play or will his thigh still be hurting like last year when we needed him? (I know it was a legit injury but still)

"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
RonRon
Member: #246
12/10/2011  8:41 PM
it's true. I loved you in Detroit, and I watched you since your Twolve's days.

You have lost a step with your age but you have to find areas to make up for it.
You shut everyone up with your hard work while you were a journey man.
You have have aged but you still have game in you, come back as a professional, make your 14million and be grateful if you were picked up by a playoff team that is under the cap.

Vince Carter, lost the opportunity, you still have, be Thankful, Walsh picked up your option.
Produce this year and look for your opportunity to gain another contract in the future.
In the meantime, go to the team, that gives you this opportunity and make what's best out of it.
Do what you can that's in your control this year and focus on what team you want to, next year.

Although, I hope it isn't to the Heat and I wish you success, except when you are against the Knick's.

DrAlphaeus
Alba Posts: 10
Member: #1781

12/10/2011  8:41 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/10/2011  8:46 PM
Yea Chauncey, shut up you whiner! Haha... you guys... the man is a vet with a ring. He wants to rant a little after thinking he was going to part of something special here, I'ma give him that.

I don't think you can look at these comments without realizing he got through a lockout, probably providing leadership and counsel during that time to his fellow players, and now he's an asterisk to another big trade and looking square at the end of his career. Jesus, you guys are rugged.

Baba Booey 2016 — "It's Silly Season"
Andrew
Member: #1
USA
12/10/2011  8:49 PM
Billips worried Kahn is going to claim him.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/10/2011  8:53 PM
Andrew wrote:Billips worried Kahn is going to claim him.

LOL

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/10/2011  9:01 PM
matt wrote:from Ian O'Connor's twitter:

I really wish he said what the pieces are. He has a right to be upset but at 35 with an expiring 14 mil contract I think you have to consider the possibility that a team might consider you as nearing the end of your career and that you are more valuable as a contract to trade. Billups is a great fit in LA, Miami, or Dallas. If he goes to a team like Minny he will probably net them a 1st round pick when he is traded to a contender.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/10/2011  9:22 PM
Billups: Knicks 'a couple pieces short' of title
December, 10, 2011 Dec 108:56PM ETEmail Print Comments10 By Ian O'ConnorChauncey Billups wants to make one thing clear: He’s angry at the situation, but he’s not angry at the Knicks.

So when asked if he believes the team that just fired him is capable of winning a championship, the point guard was thinking with his head, not his heart.

“I think they are probably a couple of pieces short, but I won’t say what they are,” Billups said Saturday by phone.

The signing of Tyson Chandler gives the Knicks a frontcourt to die for, but leaves them deficient in the backcourt, Mike Bibby or no Mike Bibby.

“I want nothing but the best for Melo and Amare, and I love Tyson; I’m happy he got his money,” Billups said. “Don’t think I don’t want the Knicks to do well….But I do believe they undervalued what I brought to the table.”

Billups had some other interesting things to say about his former team, among them:

*He grew tired of the constant Chris Paul talk. “From the first day I got there, it was always about who was going to be the next point guard, without giving me a real chance. I get it, but at the same time my track record speaks for itself. Give me a real chance to prove I can be that guy. The whole deal with Denver was about Melo, and that’s understandable, he’s a young star in the league. But at the same time, I don’t think the Knicks valued what else they got in the deal.”

*He believes he might still be a Knick without the injuries suffered against the Magic and Celtics. “When I was healthy in New York, it was great. We were rolling after that win in Miami after the trade, and then I get the thigh contusion in Orlando. I come back, we get rolling again, and then I go down in the playoffs and the injury there affected the whole outlook of my short tenure with the Knicks. If I’m healthy against Boston, we’ve got a really good chance in that series. But once I got hurt, it’s like they forgot all about the impact I did have on that team.”

*Mike D’Antoni might have a tougher time running his team through Carmelo Anthony, instead of his point guard, than he thinks. “It’s a tough transition, especially in Mike’s system where the point guard is so important as someone to make plays for everybody else. Melo is a good playmaker, but he’s going to be called on to do that more. Toney (Douglas) is a good player, but he’s young. I don’t want to say they don’t have a point guard, but their best playmaker right now is Melo.

*On the possibility of signing with a team like Miami that might face the Knicks in the playoffs: “I would like a chance at them, I’ll tell you that much. I would absolutely love that.”

Follow Ian O’Connor on Twitter: @Ian_OConnor
http://proxy.espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/post/_/id/7299/billups-knicks-a-couple-pieces-short-of-nba-title

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AnubisADL
Alba Posts: 13
Member: #2771
USA
12/10/2011  9:25 PM
Wow Billups just took a **** on Toney Douglas. Sadly he isnt lying.
NY Knicks - Retirement home for players and GMs
JesseDark
Member: #467
12/10/2011  9:45 PM
Seems like Miami would be good fit for him. He could be the calming factor when all hell is breaking lose in the playoffs. Defensively he is a year older and still can't stay in front of anybody.
Bring back dee-fense
ATrain
Member: #3192

12/10/2011  9:47 PM
He believes he might still be a Knick without the injuries suffered against the Magic and Celtics. “When I was healthy in New York, it was great. We were rolling after that win in Miami after the trade, and then I get the thigh contusion in Orlando. I come back, we get rolling again, and then I go down in the playoffs and the injury there affected the whole outlook of my short tenure with the Knicks. If I’m healthy against Boston, we’ve got a really good chance in that series. But once I got hurt, it’s like they forgot all about the impact I did have on that team.”

Is he retarded? Why should we continue to throw millions at him if he's old and can't stay healthy?
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
12/10/2011  9:49 PM
billups seems petulant. he didn't want to come to NY anyway, i remember reading this same junk when he was traded from denver and he didn't want to leave his family.

is he seriously complaining about the knicks paying him $14 million to go play with another team. if they hadn't picked up his option, he would be talking with teams about the vet minimum. knicks' bringing him back for 1 more year just made him an extra $14 million. take your money and shut up.

i don't get his point? the only way they were getting tyson was by getting rid of chauncey. he's 34 and has been banged up the last few years. chandlers' 29 and just won a chip. plus chandler's a C (which we have none) and chauncey's a PG (which we have 1 and can always find them cheap; see: bibby).

grow up chauncey, jeez.

#Knickstaps
Billups tired of ‘being the good guy’ after getting waived by Knicks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy