[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

NYTIMES FORUM
Author Thread
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
11/9/2001  4:03 PM
Some guy on the forum said he knows this guy at MSG (y'all already like how this is going right?) who siad there's talk of the following trade:

NY trades Charlie Ward and Kurt Thomas

for

(drumroll please)

The Oak and Marcus Fizer from Chicago.

The numbers work, Oak is in his last year so what do you guys think?
AUTOADVERT
MCfan23
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #114
USA
11/9/2001  4:13 PM
Well, I've heard plenty of rumors like this before, but hey...

It would be nce to have Oak back for one more year,to help tutor the young guys like Othella and Michael Wright. Oh yeah, sorry, we waived him. But isn't that why the Bulls wanted him, to tutor the young guys, aka Curry, Chandler, Bagaric, Fizer?

I just don't think Chicago would do this deal. Fizer is gradually improving and I doubt they'll give up on him yet. And giving up Oak too...I just don't think they'd do it, not for Ward and Thomas anyway.
We suck.
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
11/9/2001  4:22 PM
Hmmm, I think I saw that one on the NJO (gag, puke) forum first. I guess if it works under the cap it is possible, but Fizer is just another undersized PF. Oak would be a nice addition leadership wise, but will NY management welcome him back after the harsh words.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/9/2001  4:44 PM
Man, I would do this trade in a New York second. And this trade actually helps both teams, which is strange.

Kurt would give Chicago a low post player who is not critical of the coach and a person who may be interested in guiding the young big men. Ward gives them a veteran pg.

Oak gives the Knicks toughness and rebounding (and a player in the last year of a contract). Fizer is a young guy who could bang around for rebounds.

And we can finally play Eisley.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
VG
Member: #68
Australia
11/9/2001  5:27 PM
I'd do the trade as well. Oak should retire as a Knick. Fizer's got the tools to be a really good player in ths league.
MCfan23
Member: #114
USA
11/10/2001  6:22 AM
Posted by VG:

I'd do the trade as well. Oak should retire as a Knick. Fizer's got the tools to be a really good player in ths league.

I would too...but would Chicago do it?
We suck.
Caseloads
Member: #41
11/10/2001  12:20 PM
Posted by MCfan23:
Posted by VG:

I would too...but would Chicago do it?
Judging from the recent articles regarding the Chicago blowup, they want him gone... The only question is, would he be cancerous in NY as well? Also, the salaries in the above trade nearly match... Also, what are we going to do once Oak retires? Start getting under the cap? Nice move NY. Let's do it.
NYTIMES FORUM

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy