Author Thread
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
2/17/2004  9:57 PM
Got that W baby...

Keith Van Who???
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
AUTOADVERT
nyvector16
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #130
USA
2/17/2004  9:57 PM
Penny Started and played 42 minutes!
More minutes than anyone else on the team..
I love that he is looking so healthy and producing...
We finally have a VERY solid team!
Damn... it's starting to feel like the goold old days again...
ANyone else get that feeling?
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
2/17/2004  9:59 PM
Posted by nyvector16:

Damn... it's starting to feel like the goold old days again...
ANyone else get that feeling?
HELLS YEA!! HELLS FREAKING YEA!!
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
2/17/2004  10:00 PM
Posted by Silverfuel:

Hardcore: You have to watch Rewind. They were amazing in the first quarter.

Yeah I know... I didn't get home till the 3rd quarter, but I liked the little I saw.

I am gonna tape the rewind... Gotta analyze this one.
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

2/17/2004  10:05 PM
Posted by nyvector16:

Damnnnn... Knicks are looking good....
We're BACK BABY!!!!!
I know what your gonna say Playa...
Let's see them beat a Western Conference top 5 team...
lol

This was a great win man , I loved when marbury hit the big shot, reminds me when penny bailed out marbury against the pacers earlier this yr.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
nyvector16
USA
2/17/2004  10:13 PM
We finally agree playa...

I'm nostalgic about this whole Knicks explosion!
We are on the map and gaining ground everyday on those who have dominated the last couple of years.
Let's see where the Zen Master Isiah takes us from here...
Dude is like in deep meditation out in the tunnel..
Not even a grin when we tied the game... lol
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
2/17/2004  10:27 PM
The Knicks gotta build off of this... Put together another streak. When we reach .500, the Knicks will have arrived. Then we can win our way back up into the upper echelon, where the Knicks belong.

This is starting to look like we are about to enter a Knicks Renaissance... It's been a LONG time coming...
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
2/17/2004  10:30 PM
Very good win against a quality team, without T.Thomas and Nazir being contributors. D.Johnson is showing flashes of big time athletic moves. And, of course, no Houston. I expect this roster to change before the next game.
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
2/17/2004  10:33 PM
If the Knicks meet the Pistons in the playoffs, Houston shouldn't play. They've given him a hugely hard time since he left them years ago, and he always seems to stink against them.

Rip Hamilton was ice cold for one reason or another, maybe because Houston wasn't guarding him. :) Seriously though, the Knicks are THAT MUCH stronger now that Houston doesn't have to be the focal point of our offense.

We're getting good production out of all of our big men. They're all getting enough touches to feel like they're part of the offense.

Back to Penny--- good job, considering everything. As the highest paid 6th man in the NBA, he also makes a pretty solid starter. :) There's always a lot of anticipation when he launches from the outside-- he doesn't always get good arc on his shots...
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
Swishfm3
Member: #392
2/17/2004  10:53 PM
you guys post and watch the game at the same time?...wow

anyway...nice win

Knicks won without Houston, KVH, Tim Thomas and Nazr...that's pretty good
metra
Member: #473
2/17/2004  11:10 PM
I really regret not being able to watch the game.. Marbury vs Detroit. Great win.

However, because i didnt watch it, i analyze it differently. From a strictly stats POV, only the people you would expect to produce did: Starbury, KT, Penny, and either Anderson/Harrington (who has more playing time w/ Wilkens).

Although the stats dont do justice to their performace, the new players do not seem to be doing so well. FW, TT, Sweets, and Demarr had minimal contributions. TT: surprisingly had a lot of boards 2/2 and williams dished it out 4x w/ success. Pretty good considering the time they were allotted; however, nothing exceptional. If TT or FW didnt get those 4 boards/assists then they would have contributed nothing.

Obvioulsy, however, TT shouldnt be judged. But it seems like Sweets and FW will never get the playing time theyre justified or will never achieve the golden level the posters of this forum hold them to (specifically FW). If Isiah's making a trade, then i suggest using them as filler. Apparently, neither Wilkens nor IT like them.

Other than the negatives, Knicks played excellent D w/o relying on personal fouls. Good win. W/ everyone healthy/in the zone, we could def be Conference Champions.
FrenchKnicks
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #147
France
2/17/2004  11:23 PM
I don't think that's a good analysis at ALL !!!

Frank is getting more playing time lately, and has shown he can contribute on this team after some very good practices. Moreover, he's versatile enough to play the 2 spot, as Wilkens played him alongside Marbury in the backcourt.

Same for Sweets, he's getting meaningful minutes now, and do the little things that show us his potential. He can really be a nice presence in this team in the long run.

Finally, any word on TT after this game and no practice is absurd to me, so i don't need to comment on that...
metra
Member: #473
2/17/2004  11:33 PM
14 min in a game when all of the Knicks were out isnt good at all.. He was starting games when Don was here (not that im a fan - just showing that FW has retrogressed.. because of Lenny and IT). And Sweets's 4min? Cmon...
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/17/2004  11:37 PM
I missed the first half. Can't wait to see it on Rewind at midnight. Glad to see that Sweets looked good again. Man Penny is clutch!! And Stephon is the man! not only the 3 but when he took the ball all the way up court for that layup, it was amazing! Demarr really showed his athletisim by catching up to Sura and blocking his layup.

Anyone know who shutdown Rip Hamilton? Was it Shandon..I hope it was because looking at the boxscore he stunk! I want to play detroit in the playoffs. We can beat them! Toronto lost so we're only a half game out of 6th!!
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
2/17/2004  11:42 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

I missed the first half. Can't wait to see it on Rewind at midnight. Glad to see that Sweets looked good again. Man Penny is clutch!! And Stephon is the man! not only the 3 but when he took the ball all the way up court for that layup, it was amazing! Demarr really showed his athletisim by catching up to Sura and blocking his layup.

Anyone know who shutdown Rip Hamilton? Was it Shandon..I hope it was because looking at the boxscore he stunk! I want to play detroit in the playoffs. We can beat them! Toronto lost so we're only a half game out of 6th!!

I know, rip was 3 of 20!!! I think it was shandon who shut him down, but half the time it looked like marbury switched off to him. Either way great D.
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
2/18/2004  12:16 AM
Great win. Marbury and Penny carried them.

I hope everyone has noticed how deep this team has become now. NY won without HOuston,TT and Nazr! These guys figure to get heavy minutes in the future. I like what I am seeing in Sweetney. He has some game! Nice moves, smart patience and hustle rebounding! Fwill looked solid in the 1st half and poor in the 2nd. Shandon was solid too defensivley! Then you have DJ too! The kid is LONG! He seems to be able to get to the rim but needs to finish better. Deke is still swatting shots and having Nazr around will only keep him fresher. NY is now younger and much more athletic!

Compare: Spoon, Knight, Eisley, Doleac, KVH

to

Marbury TT Nazr Penny DJ!

All of the new guys are long or very quick. Isiah is proving himslef to at least have a plan. This roster only proves how ridiculously pathetic Layden was. Anyone who supported the man should be cheaked for mental illnes. He put together a very BAD team. This team is so much better!

Houston,TT and Nazr still to come! Watch out EAST, the Knicks are now a team to be reckoned with.

[Edited by - GONYGONYGO on 02/18/2004 00:19:00]
Therapist
Member: #526
2/18/2004  12:57 AM

nope it was penny...

anyways, this was a good ass game... steph and penny balled out, and everyone was contributing... i love how penny plays when he starts and i wish he could start more... but whatever, gotta accept his role... at least people know what he's capable of as a starter...

this team is seriously sick.. we're gonna go so far in the playoffs...
nyvector16
USA
2/18/2004  2:26 AM
Many of us have been saying this from day one of this trade...
Penny has nothing but an upside for this team...
He really came out and played with heart Today...

I also liked Harrington...
Sweetney was playing like a monster at one point..
Grabbed some key boards out of nowhere and drove baseline to get a sweet layup around arguably the leagues best defender is Ben Wallace.
Sweets has real promise... I hope we don't trade him.

Frank I would'nt mind trading for another piece of the championship puzzle. Since we already have Marbury and Penny.. and Norris..
Although Norris would obviously be my first choice for a trade but unlikely to be good bait for anything out there..

KNICKS RULE!!!!!!!!
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

2/18/2004  6:45 AM
What some don't realize is Frank in one play can get the garden on their feet with going crazy with his creative passes. Come playoff time he could really be a GAMER who ignites the crowd into a frenzy. Nobody dishes the rock like Frank Williams(no look behind the head) NY needs someone with a flash in their game even though he plays limited minutes. I wonder what practice is like (steph against Frank)
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
TheSage
Member: #386
2/18/2004  8:11 AM
"Nobody dishes the rock like Frank Williams"

Where dod that come from?? He has had a few good games and looks like he can play but let's not elevate him to legendary status.

BTW-the knicks for one have two players about whom that statement would be more appropriate-Marbury and Penny. Some of you may recall Penny was once considered the top point guard in the NBA.
Detroit v New Look Knicks (again) Thread 2/17

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy