Frank Williams pass...WHOA
"...sittin on more dubs than Lenny Wilkins" - Joe Budden
AUTOADVERT
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

2/17/2004  8:14 PM
Frank Williams is showing us what he has been shown Lenny in practice. ooLA La
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
TRU
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #196
USA
2/17/2004  8:14 PM
Posted by EZV32:

Yeah, it's too bad he's got Starbury in front of him. Yo, I don't get that Joe Budden line...
Let it be known: I believe in the Knicks this year-- deep into the playoffs, I swear to you my brothers...
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
2/17/2004  8:15 PM
Posted by EZV32:

I know! and look at Deke's block on Rip! The knicks are awesome again! I like what knixphan said. After 2 season of misery, this is a pleasent and refreshing change.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
TRU
USA
2/17/2004  8:18 PM
Dog, when did we get so friggin' deep? Everyone that Wilkins inserts seems to produce ('cept Tim Thomas). Why don't the knicks have the Kurt and Tims first initials on their Jerseys?
Let it be known: I believe in the Knicks this year-- deep into the playoffs, I swear to you my brothers...
FrenchKnicks
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #147
France
2/17/2004  8:23 PM
Maybe because their number is already a difference, and they don't need that first name letter !!!
Silverfuel
USA
2/17/2004  8:28 PM
Posted by TRU:

Dog, when did we get so friggin' deep? Everyone that Wilkins inserts seems to produce ('cept Tim Thomas). Why don't the knicks have the Kurt and Tims first initials on their Jerseys?
HAHAHAHA!! It should be k. Thomas and T.Thomas. How good did Sweets look? I really loved that. Shows a lot of promise.

Thats what good coaches do when they see talent! Thank god we have a good coach finally.
nyvector16
Member: #130
USA
2/17/2004  8:35 PM
I really like how Wilkins gives the rookies playing time...
One definite positive over Chaney and even Van Gundy.
We are looking great out there...
We are showing real intensity.. definitely fun to watch!
playa2

2/17/2004  8:35 PM
Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by TRU:

HAHAHAHA!! It should be k. Thomas and T.Thomas. How good did Sweets look? I really loved that. Shows a lot of promise.

Thats what good coaches do when they see talent! Thank god we have a good coach finally.

Mark Aguire is supposed to be the coach who is really spending time with sweets. Sweets just lost his dad so maybe Aguirre is giving him a shoulder to lean on like a father figure.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
EZV32
Member: #524
2/17/2004  8:37 PM
Yeah, it's too bad he's got Starbury in front of him. Yo, I don't get that Joe Budden line...

this will help you TRU...

"sittin on more dubs (W's) then Lenny Wilkins..."

took me a while to get it too but thats how the sick lyricists do it
"...sittin on more dubs than Lenny Wilkins" - Joe Budden
Silverfuel
USA
2/17/2004  8:39 PM
Yep! Aguire coaches Sweets and Lenny sees the real talent and plays him! Unlike Chaney and his staff who never even gave him too much of a chance! Thank god he is gone.

I liked Demarr's move. It was strong/good. I really dont think we miss Houston that much. We look fine without him. His added dimension will be an amazing bonus. Anyone think a lineup of Stephon, Demarr, Tim, KT and Deke is a possibility as long as H2O is out or am I overrating Demarr?
TRU
USA
2/17/2004  8:40 PM
Posted by EZV32:

this will help you TRU...

"sittin on more dubs (W's) then Lenny Wilkins..."

took me a while to get it too but thats how the sick lyricists do it

C'mon... if Joe Budden is a "sick lyricist" then Don Chaney was a good coach
keyindabox
Member: #562
USA
2/17/2004  8:55 PM
Man, we are doing great so far. Hey.....who's that guy who is sitting this out? Oh yeah.....our other star Allan Houston.
"I usually mess up, but I learn. I come back sronger. Everyone changes, becomes better people. We all should get that chance. I just want my chance."-Tupac Shakur
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
2/17/2004  8:59 PM
I think you're seriously overrating DerMarr... :) At least right now, anyway. He's not getting enough minutes to get in the flow, so it's tough to rate him. While he's athletic, I don't think he's got particularly quick feet defensively--- though his length makes up for that. He's got serious length, though (based on that move).

I think the Knicks are moving the ball a lot better than earlier this season when we relied on Houston to carry us. Just picture those missed 3's by Tim Thomas/Shandon/FW/Penny/DerMarr/etc... with Houston in there shooting them, we'd get more of them.

Houston's a top notch scorer, so I wouldn't worry about him too much fitting in once he comes back--- he'll get his points from all over the court.
Posted by Silverfuel:

<snip>

I liked Demarr's move. It was strong/good. I really dont think we miss Houston that much. We look fine without him. His added dimension will be an amazing bonus. Anyone think a lineup of Stephon, Demarr, Tim, KT and Deke is a possibility as long as H2O is out or am I overrating Demarr?
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
playa2

2/17/2004  9:04 PM
Tech, do you remember the last time Houston came back off of a injury, we went back to ISO ball and we started losing again? I hope lenny doesn't allow Houston to pull that crap, especially when he himself said "all I want to do is just fit in "
technomaster
USA
2/17/2004  9:05 PM
I don't know if the Knicks will win this game or not, but I think we're seeing why Detroit could have problems in the playoffs no matter who they face. They don't have a clearcut go-to guy or superstar. They play an excellent team game, but when you get down to it, when coaches have all the time in the world to prepare for teams, sheer talent prevails.

I hope the Knicks hold on to Frank Williams. When it comes down to it, teams have seen enough of Marbury to know how to contain him in the playoffs. The same cannot be said for FW & Sweetney, who each have virtually no scouting reports.

We also had a chance to see how effective Mutombo can be against the 6'8" Ben Wallace--- and heck, how he's caused complete havoc against the Detroit guards. I sure hope we hold on to Mutombo--- at his price, he's a complete bargain.

One last comment--- with Nazr not getting any minutes and Tim Thomas rendered completely ineffective, it makes me wonder if we'll have taken a step back by losing Doleac/KVH this season.
OldFan
Member: #446
2/17/2004  9:06 PM
Okur seems to like playing the Knicks. I can't get the game hear - how's he doing so much damage?
playa2

2/17/2004  9:06 PM
GOOD POINTS TECHNO
nyvector16
Member: #130
USA
2/17/2004  9:13 PM
Harrington is playing solid...
technomaster
USA
2/17/2004  9:16 PM
Well, we have super Marbury running the team now... if he doesn't like what Houston's doing, he'll just freeze him out of the offense and swing the ball the other way (or take an off balance 30 footer by himself!). :)
Posted by playa2:

Tech, do you remember the last time Houston came back off of a injury, we went back to ISO ball and we started losing again? I hope lenny doesn't allow Houston to pull that crap, especially when he himself said "all I want to do is just fit in "
Detroit v New Look Knicks (again) Thread 2/17

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy