[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Milwalkee Fan forum
Author Thread
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/16/2004  12:29 PM
I would have taken a case of beer for TT.

I cant believe all these writers are saying that the Knicks are now contenders in the east because of this trade, little do they know that they just got the laziest player in the league, he's worthless. I was hoping they would trade him before the deadline. Have fun with him NY, you'll find out what he's all about soon enough.

Good riddance.

--Ouch! Heres the link if you wanna read more. I just truly hope and believe that Tim Thomas will be the perfect fit.
http://boards.espn.go.com/cgi/nba/request.dll?LIST&room=nba_mil
AUTOADVERT
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
2/16/2004  12:54 PM
I see that other postas in that Bucks forum were more optimistic about the trade working out in the Knicks' favor, though.

[Edited by - HARDCOREKNICKSFAN on 02/16/2004 12:55:20]
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
gunsnewing
USA
2/16/2004  12:54 PM
I seriously think the best part about this trade is the fact that Tim Thomas was phenomenal in the playoffs and Keith was the opposite.
rain
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #353
USA
2/16/2004  1:07 PM
Right now, Keith was the best player in this deal. I think we lose in the short term, it all depends on what we get in from Mohammed. Thomas has no touch around the basket... he is a role player that never has lived up to his enormous physical talent. If he becomes a dominant rebounder or defender, then I'm wrong. If Mohammed blossoms the deal works.
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
2/16/2004  2:00 PM
What's up rain?

I agree with you. Really, I'm resigned to the fact that Tim isn't gonna be much better than he is. He's a versatile scorer, but doesnt score that much, and he's really a piss poor rebounder. But he has some strengths and he can do a decent job for us. He's not gonna have long stretches where he averages 25 and 10 like KVH did for us this year.

And I agree Mohammed is the key to this deal, and I'll take it one step further...he will blossom into a legitamate center. The one tool he doesn't have is shotblocking, but there's no reason he can't be like another Kentucky alum, Jamaal Magloire. If given 30 mins a game I think Nazr can put up 12 and 9 and be a force on the offensive glass. He will be a good player for us for a while.
toodarkmark
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #515
USA
2/16/2004  2:29 PM
That board was even more hateful then this one. On the Bucks TT was asked to be the first option this year and he just isn't. He's a 4th option on our team. Kurt Thomas will still be the third, and if Sheed signs TT will be fifth. And I cant stress enough how KVH did not have a good relationship with players. Did anyone catch the way Steph chewed him out during the Dallas game? I cringed because Steph had such a hidden disgust for him.

Best case scenario TT is convinced by Isiah to play with more enthusiasm. Who even alley oops on this team? Have you ever seen a Steph to KVH alley oop? Thats what TT will be on this team. I remember seeing TT do this one alley oop a few years ago and just thought he could be amazing. Everyone got down on him for not showing his full potential on Milwaukee. He doesnt have to do that here. Penny will take a few more shots a game and in the end KVH was a bad fit in the larger scope of things.

And Nazzy is such an improvement. How many times can I see Steph drive towards the basket and pass it off to Dikembe who then takes a few seconds to gather himself to take a shot. Isiah has always seen something in Nazzy and will build his confidence. This doesnt make the Knicks ALOT better but in the long run this is a great trade. Especially if the reports that Sheed called Damon Stoudamire and told him he will sign with NY are true. You almost dont want TT to live up to any potential, just leave that third option spot open for Sheed. And hey if Isiah is able to get TT's head right then its an added bonus. I dont see how KVH would survive with Sheed and Steph there. KVH and thugs just dont mix.
I don't care what people think. People are stupid. - Charles Barkley
gunsnewing
USA
2/16/2004  10:04 PM
I'm hearing Nazr will likely start tommorow!
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
2/16/2004  10:45 PM
This Newsday article says its unlikely either Thomas or Mohammed will start tommorow because neither was at practice today.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/ny-spkside0217,0,7082802.story?coll=ny-sports-headlines
Milwalkee Fan forum

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy