[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

What about CHAMPIONSHIP ?
Author Thread
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

2/16/2004  9:49 AM
ZEKE: "I wanted to put together a team that was exciting for the fans to come and watch, a team that had some character and some guts, but also a team that you can grab a box of popcorn and grab a soda and enjoy the game," Thomas said. "You want players and you want a team that people want to see. I think this is a team that when everyone is healthy and playing well, it can be an exciting team that people will want to see and talk about."

WHERE IS THE WORD CHAMPIONSHIP SPOKEN OF??? hmmmm
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
AUTOADVERT
LJStillGrandmama
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #380
USA
2/16/2004  10:00 AM
He'll say the "C" word, after we sign Sheed for the MLE...
If anyone knows of a SMART Knicks forum, with lots of activity, and minus people like PLAYA... holla at your boy.
playa2

2/16/2004  10:22 AM
So why did I get all the hate freakin mail for stating "THE TRUTH" this was a tickets move only.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
bernard
Member: #475
2/16/2004  10:29 AM
Thomas inherits a team that's playing sub-400 ball, missed playoffs 2 years in a row. We stunk. Now you're suggesting he's not doing his job if he doesn't win the championship in his first half year. The team is loads better, is loads closer to winning a title ... and, yes, has brought energy and enthusiasm back to the garden so people want to go there and spend their money. Plus in every category. IT has been saying all along he's moving toward building a championship. He didn't repeat it in one interview. So what?
playa2

2/16/2004  10:34 AM
How does me stating this was a tickets move state that Zeke is not doing his job ? He made a statment at the press conference that he wants to win a champioship and the clones highlighted that quote, to me he's sounding like Dolan.
SuperNYK992
Member: #595
USA
2/16/2004  7:02 PM
http://www.nba.com/knicks/inthepaint/isiah_thomas_qa_040126.html

he said it right there
Knicks forever!
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/16/2004  8:28 PM
he said from the get go his goal and only goal was to win a title here. IS there something wrong with building an exciting team along the way?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
2/16/2004  8:41 PM
Posted by fishmike:

he said from the get go his goal and only goal was to win a title here. IS there something wrong with building an exciting team along the way?

exactly... playa has no clue, he is a layden apologist..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
daddynel
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #505
2/16/2004  8:41 PM
Posted by fishmike:

true indeed. zeke does'nt have to say he wants to win a championship everytime he speaks. "if we don't get a championship, i consider that failure". NUFF' SAID ZEKE. now name it happen.
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
2/16/2004  8:43 PM
That is our only goal. To win the NBA Championship.

-Isiah Thomas
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
Swishfm3
Member: #392
2/16/2004  11:37 PM
Posted by tkf:
Posted by fishmike:

I remember when playa was all about making the Playoffs.....now that his boys Layden & Chaney are gone, he wants nothing less than a CHampionship
WOODMANnYk
Member: #529
USA
2/17/2004  12:57 AM
Posted by playa2:

RIGHT HERE!!!

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/02/17/sports/basketball/17KNIC.html

"No, no no," Thomas said with a laugh. "I know everybody is excited about us getting started. It's going to take us a while before you can really start talking about winning the championship this year. If these guys do, then God bless them."

[Edited by - WOODMANnYk on 02/17/2004 00:58:18]
The Future. GO KNICKS!
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
2/17/2004  1:02 AM
Posted by WOODMANnYk:
Posted by playa2:

RIGHT HERE!!!

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/02/17/sports/basketball/17KNIC.html

"No, no no," Thomas said with a laugh. "I know everybody is excited about us getting started. It's going to take us a while before you can really start talking about winning the championship this year. If these guys do, then God bless them."

[Edited by - WOODMANnYk on 02/17/2004 00:58:18]

Thanks. You saved me some cutting and pasting.
playa2

2/17/2004  7:13 AM
Posted by Swishfm3:
Posted by tkf:
Posted by fishmike:

I remember when playa was all about making the Playoffs.....now that his boys Layden & Chaney are gone, he wants nothing less than a CHampionship

Swish get a grip son, we would have made the playoffs anyway before these last trades ,how do you guys forget that boggles my mind. The real focus is on going far into the playoffs, look at all the changes do you think this is for ticket sales or going far in playoffs?
simrud
Member: #474
USA
2/17/2004  7:48 AM
How the hell were we gonna make the playoffs before the trades? R y nuts? The team before the trade was a sorry collection of Layden bums who knew nothing about basketball. Dyess is on IR, NEWSFLASH!!! Spoon and Eisly suck so much they'll be named the honorary vacumes of the NBA soon. This team w/out Marbury is a joke. And done event thinka bout bringin up that idiotic winning streak of 4 against horrible teams, it dont mean nothing.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
playa2

2/17/2004  4:30 PM
Simrud get your head out of the sand the east is pathetic, alot of teams have a chance to make the playoffs and are in the hunt. The only thing different now is we are reaching for a higher seed instead of 8th . Man you really are short minded, remember how we just missed out of the playoffs with layden and chaney and Eisley ? If Frank was playing we would have been fine (making playoffs) maybe not a high seed but we would have made it. Maybe you weren't sure of it but I was!
daddynel
2/17/2004  7:55 PM
Posted by playa2:

Simrud get your head out of the sand the east is pathetic, alot of teams have a chance to make the playoffs and are in the hunt. The only thing different now is we are reaching for a higher seed instead of 8th . Man you really are short minded, remember how we just missed out of the playoffs with layden and chaney and Eisley ? If Frank was playing we would have been fine (making playoffs) maybe not a high seed but we would have made it. Maybe you weren't sure of it but I was!
playa, i understand and respect the fact that you voice your opinion no matter what, but c'mon were going from a possible 8th seed in a confrence that sucks, to fighting for the 6th seed without our #1 option in about a month and a half!
we now have a team that i can actually stand to watch. can't you tell by the ticket sales that most people feel the same way?
example: we rid ourselves of two supposable untradeble players.
example:we went from having frank(who as you put it)"would been fine" to having one of the best points in the league.(argueably the best in the east)
let's say for arguements sake that we made it to the playoffs as the 8th seed with your old team. how far in EVERYONE on this board's opinion do you think we would have gone?
playa2

2/17/2004  8:39 PM
Not far you are right, but all these trades are making guys play focused b-ball what do you think.
playa2

2/17/2004  8:47 PM
I bet Detroit wished they would have taken Carmelo instead of DARKO NOW!
daddynel
2/17/2004  11:14 PM
Posted by playa2:

I bet Detroit wished they would have taken Carmelo instead of DARKO NOW!
no shyt! i definitely would've. but you have to bare in mind, most players don't break out as quick as bron & melo have this season. give darko time. he'll be aight.
What about CHAMPIONSHIP ?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy