[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

NY Rangers Talk Thread
Author Thread
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

12/27/2011  12:30 PM
from today's Post (Larry Brooks):

Del Zotto has been on the ice for 54 of the Blueshirts’ 101 goals. He’s been on for 37 of 75 even-strength goals, 14 of 21 power-play goals and three of five shorthanded goals. It’s an astonishing stat for the third-year pro who is averaging 22:42 per game. He set up Hagelin’s opening goal at 5:14 of the second with a toe-drag move that left Frans Nielsen flummoxed in the left circle.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/rangers/take_king_it_easy_IhI08AZy1Z5c6jjVtH7rkN#ixzz1hkztH1rU

really unfrigginbelievable

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
AUTOADVERT
jusnice
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #2931
USA
12/30/2011  1:26 PM
That was nice. This Winter Classic against the Flyers should be great!!!
SupremeCommander

1/3/2012  11:06 AM
jusnice wrote:That was nice. This Winter Classic against the Flyers should be great!!!

it was more than great...

now the Rangers are in first place in the NHL.

Marc Staal made his return as well.

jusnice
USA
1/3/2012  3:33 PM
That was awesome to watch - I love outdoor hockey. The angles and coverage were perfect, much better than arena games. They should do it more often, although I know what a cost it is. refs tried to screw us (Tort said they were planning OT w/ NBC) and we still won. Great save by Henrik and great push overall. Awesome stuff!! Go NY, Go NY, Go!!!
jusnice
USA
1/9/2012  3:20 PM
Interesting that USA Today is giving props to the NYR:
New York Rangers have the look of a champion
By Kevin Allen, USA
1. No re-assembly required: The Rangers are already playing that gritty, shot-blocking, defensive-minded style that is necessary to be successful in the postseason. New York is second in goals against and hits, and fourth in blocked shots.

2. Swede smell of success: Goalie Henrik Lundqvist seems to own that aura of invincibility and confidence that Martin Brodeur had in his best years. Lundqvist looks as if he has earned his master's in goaltending.

3. Torts Law: Did you watch John Tortorella command this team on the memorable HBO 24/7 series? If you did, then you understand Tortorella's intensity is volcanic and his will-to-win is scary. Bruce Boudreau looked loveable when he was stringing together profanities last year on HBO. Tortorella seemed frightening when he did the same this year. Regardless of whether you like his style, there is no denying the success he has had using that style. Tortorella bullies and inspires the Rangers into being a better team than they really are.

4. Renewable energy: Ryan Callahan doesn't have an enormous national profile, and yet he might be one of the league's best captains. He is an old-school leader who pushes his team to higher performance with his energy and desire. He is fourth in the NHL in hits and he's tied for second on his team in scoring with 31 points.

5. Brad is staff of life: The arrival of Brad Richards has given the Rangers a player to turn to when they need a big play. Don't forget that he has a Conn Smythe Trophy to go with his Stanley Cup. He has a history of delivering in big moments, as he did in the Winter Classic. Even with a slow start, he has six game-winning goals.

6. Refused to Staal out: The Rangers' success came when indespensible defenseman Marc Staal was out of the lineup for the first three months of the season. In theory, the Ranger should be more effective now that Staal is healthy again.

7. Coming of age: The maturing of Michael Del Zotto, 21, and Ryan McDonagh, 22, has bolstered the Rangers' defense. Del Zotto leads all New York defensemen in points (23) and plus-minus (plus-25), while McDonagh is playing solidly for more than 25 minutes

8. Gabbing about Gaby: Don't rule out Marian Gaborik flirting with 50 goals this season. He's on a pace for about 47 or 48. Just staying healthy, Gaborik makes the Rangers a far more dangerous team because he is always two-and-a-half strides from a breakaway.

9. Plenty of wild cards: The Rangers seem to have ample opportunities to be an even better team. Carl Hagelin is a young forward who could become a larger factor as the season progresses. Brian Boyle had 21 goals last season and only two this season. He could/should be more productive in the second half of the season.

10. PK has been OK: The Rangers are sixth in penalty killing, compared to 14th last season. That stat is simply symbolic of the overall improvement the Rangers have made this season.

SupremeCommander

1/10/2012  6:21 AM
jusnice wrote:New York Rangers have the look of a champion
By Kevin Allen, USA

the major, major chink in the armor that the article fails to mention is a poor power play.

The Rangers are 20th in the league on the PP. While they are top 10 goals per game (9), goals against (2), and penalty kill (5), the Boston Bruins are outperforming them in a by a large margin in GPG (1), GA (1), and PK (13). The Bruins are 7th on the PK at 85.9 percent, so the Rangers are only outperforming them by 0.9 percent.

The Rangers have more points but the defending champs are still the best team in the conference. They have a lot of work to do if the goal is to beat the Bruins and then the Redwings, Canucks, Hawks or whoever comes out of the West.

I am happy because this is the fist time in a long time the Rangers are a legitimate contender, but I hope to see the team continue to improve

SupremeCommander

2/16/2012  1:39 PM
Rangers are the best team in hockey. Wow. The goalie should win the Vezina Trophy as the best goalie. He might win the Hart (MVP) too and that's the equivalent of a pitcher wining the MVP.

Talk they might trade for Rick Nash, who is an absolute stud. The Rangers struggle on the PP still and need more offense, but I am against that deal. Many things are going very right and you have to give a lot to get a stud like Nash. This would be the equivalent of trading the team for Melo if the Knicks were obviously the best team in the league at the time of the trade

jusnice
USA
2/17/2012  10:35 AM
I agree supreme, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. They will improve on the PP and their scoring average. I would be nervous that adding Nash would screw with the chemistry and make up of the team.
SupremeCommander

2/27/2012  5:55 PM
no really big tradeline acquisitions this year... Gaustad was probably the best player to get dealt. Interesting.

The fear is always the the opposition does something and comes out better than the Rangers... didn't happen

SupremeCommander

3/7/2012  9:45 AM
Rangers need to win out the division... if they don't, they might face the Devils in the first round. The Devils have played the Rangers BY FAR the hardest (lost to them last night). IT's about 50/50 who will win. I'm not dismissing the other teams, especially those in the division, but a first round match up with the Devils would be hell. So would the Penguins and the Flyers for that matter, but not as bad as the Devs. Hopefully the Rangers can finish strong and avoid a very tough 1st round matchup
jusnice
USA
3/7/2012  10:13 AM
I agree Sup. Do not want to face the Devils in the first round - no way! I hate being a NY pessimist, but this team could easily get beat in the 1st round if we don't go strong into the playoffs. I'm going to the game on Tuesday night, looking forward to it.
SupremeCommander

3/13/2012  1:17 PM
jusnice wrote:I agree Sup. Do not want to face the Devils in the first round - no way! I hate being a NY pessimist, but this team could easily get beat in the 1st round if we don't go strong into the playoffs. I'm going to the game on Tuesday night, looking forward to it.

post a recap, please

SupremeCommander

3/20/2012  11:34 AM
well, the playoffs are secured... put the Penguins are right behind us in the standings and are currently the better hockey team...
jusnice
USA
3/20/2012  12:42 PM
unreal start to that game last night, eh? Was very proud of the blue shirts last night - they came out swinging, won the fight, and the game as well! Good showing!!! Apparently, Torts really had them fired up from his pre-game speech.
jusnice
USA
4/23/2012  12:09 PM
And it comes down to tonight - huge game for the Blue Shirts. Let's hope they can leverage home ice and push this to a game 7. Let's go Rangers!!!!!
IrishKnickFan
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4171

4/23/2012  12:40 PM
I still cant belive it has come to this. I knew it wasn't gonna be easy but if you think about it if del zotto didnt kick in the goal for ottawa and the rangers kept their foot on the gas in game 4 this sereis should have been over
jusnice
USA
4/24/2012  12:05 PM
great game last night, despite the refs. Ranges looked very good. That last goal was BS. Seriously thinking about paying a premium to see game 7 on Thursday.
jusnice
USA
4/24/2012  12:05 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:well, the playoffs are secured... put the Penguins are right behind us in the standings and are currently the better hockey team...

what happened to the Pens??

SupremeCommander

4/26/2012  5:45 PM
jusnice wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:well, the playoffs are secured... put the Penguins are right behind us in the standings and are currently the better hockey team...

what happened to the Pens??

dead, thank jeebus

by the way... I'm going out on a date instead of watching this game

wtf is wrong with me

AlexanderFuSheng
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3965

4/26/2012  9:28 PM
Gut ripping!!!!

2:21 left......one goal game!

NY Rangers Talk Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy