[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Another minor trade rumor....
Author Thread
spreeeewell
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #436
2/16/2004  8:59 AM
According to CBSsportsline.The increasingly active Portland Trail Blazers and New York Knicks are contemplating a minor swap with Ruben Patterson going to the Knicks and Shandon Anderson headed to portland....
I'd rather die on my feet, than live on my knees!
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/16/2004  9:02 AM
I like this trade for 2 reasons: Ruben is a better finisher around the basket and has a shorter contract (I think).
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
SuperNYK992
Member: #595
USA
2/16/2004  9:02 AM
that would be good, i'd take patterson over anderson any day
Knicks forever!
falcindor
Member: #42
USA
2/16/2004  9:05 AM
Trade is redundant. Patterson is a lesser Tim Thomas.
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
s3231
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #544
USA
2/16/2004  9:06 AM
Yea I also heard about this trade, I'm all for it. We all know Ruben is better than Shandon, plus who knows? Maybe Ruben makes it even easier for Rasheed to sign with us this summer :)
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
falcindor
Member: #42
USA
2/16/2004  9:06 AM
Knicks are better off swapping Shandon for Jerome Williams
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
SuperNYK992
Member: #595
USA
2/16/2004  9:08 AM
falcindor:
Knicks are better off swapping Shandon for Jerome Williams

you really think they'll go for that?
Knicks forever!
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
2/16/2004  11:28 AM
I'd rather get Patterson than Lamond Murray. Patterson, like Anderson is an excellent defender.
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
2/16/2004  11:59 AM
Patterson is probably superior to Anderson in ever facet of the game, at least I think so. He plays much bigger than he actually is and has the reputation of a tough defender-- capable of handling SGs and PFs alike. He's very productive in his minutes; he has a high fg% and high rebounds/steals. A lot of his numbers have dipped over the last 3 years, mostly cuz he's taking fewer shots. His ft% is hovering around 50% currently.

If Portland is trying to clean up its image, then it's a decent trade for them... but they will be getting a slightly lesser player.
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
rain
Member: #353
USA
2/16/2004  12:57 PM
Patterson is bad news. He's got some real issues, good player though.. with fire, defense, athleticism, and rebounding. He'd be great off the bench.
MaseInYourFace
Member: #546
Canada
2/16/2004  1:24 PM
yup patterson would be a great piece off the bench--tough and athletic, unlike useless shandon.

Posted by technomaster:

Patterson is probably superior to Anderson in ever facet of the game, at least I think so. He plays much bigger than he actually is and has the reputation of a tough defender-- capable of handling SGs and PFs alike. He's very productive in his minutes; he has a high fg% and high rebounds/steals. A lot of his numbers have dipped over the last 3 years, mostly cuz he's taking fewer shots. His ft% is hovering around 50% currently.

If Portland is trying to clean up its image, then it's a decent trade for them... but they will be getting a slightly lesser player.
Yes! - Marv Albert
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
2/16/2004  2:59 PM
One-for-one doesn't work. They would need to add 1 more player to make it work. The only players they can send us to make it work would be the following...

Qyntel Woods, Travis Outlaw and Stepania.

I guess you can tell who would be coming with Patterson in that deal.
MaseInYourFace
Canada
2/16/2004  5:57 PM
Posted by NYKBocker:

One-for-one doesn't work. They would need to add 1 more player to make it work. The only players they can send us to make it work would be the following...

I used to watch stepania on the heat, he worked hard and got some good offensive boards, and put himself in the position for easy buckets but they rarely would go down even from point blank range. wouldn't mind having him off the bench though come playoff time

[Edited by - MaseInYourFace on 02/16/2004 21:40:18]
Yes! - Marv Albert
daddynel
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #505
2/16/2004  9:39 PM
Posted by NYKBocker:

yuk! stepania the cluts. i used to watch him too mace, talk about a waste of height. whatever...we can let him and trybanski duke it out for the rest of the season.(in practice. we got a rep.)
MaseInYourFace
Canada
2/16/2004  9:41 PM
yes it can be rough to watch him, but size is size, especially when they are hardnosed and actually want to be down low. the whole deal though would be him AND patterson for shandon--the shandon who can't make a layup.

Posted by daddynel:
Posted by NYKBocker:

yuk! stepania the cluts. i used to watch him too mace, talk about a waste of height. whatever...we can let him and trybanski duke it out for the rest of the season.(in practice. we got a rep.)
Yes! - Marv Albert
daddynel
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #505
2/16/2004  10:04 PM
Posted by MaseInYourFace:

yes it can be rough to watch him, but size is size, especially when they are hardnosed and actually want to be down low. the whole deal though would be him AND patterson for shandon--the shandon who can't make a layup.

Posted by daddynel:
Posted by NYKBocker:

don't say that mace, i've seen him make at least 2 layups ay?
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
2/16/2004  10:34 PM
Jerome Williams is readily available and his long term deal matches up with Andersons. He could probably help us. An energetic PF off the bench who is an excellent rebounder. However, he'd only be more useful if Houston is able to come back healthy and Shandon thus made redundant.
MaseInYourFace
Canada
2/16/2004  11:26 PM
Posted by VDesai:

Jerome Williams is readily available and his long term deal matches up with Andersons. He could probably help us. An energetic PF off the bench who is an excellent rebounder. However, he'd only be more useful if Houston is able to come back healthy and Shandon thus made redundant.

yea id rather have jerome williams for sure. but i dont think bulls would trade him for shandon (well i dont know why anyone would trade for shandon really). but he has size and plenty of energy-a pretty valuable player who should be able to command more. if such a trade were to occur, I imagine we'd have to give up frank williams as well, which would allow the bulls to have a pretty decent pg on the cheap. I'd go for that if I was I.T., because with starbury-you dont need much of a backup.
Yes! - Marv Albert
keyindabox
Member: #562
USA
2/16/2004  11:41 PM
Hey can anyone hook me up with the actual article or the text from it?
"I usually mess up, but I learn. I come back sronger. Everyone changes, becomes better people. We all should get that chance. I just want my chance."-Tupac Shakur
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
2/16/2004  11:57 PM
We already waived STepania once without so much as a workout. He was pretty servicable on the Heat last year...
Posted by daddynel:
Posted by NYKBocker:

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
Another minor trade rumor....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy