[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Shumpert showing his shooting in Vegas
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/19/2011  1:29 PM
Who is in charge of player personel when the stike is over?

Isiah gonna trade Lando.

Don't worry about it, it will be a big package and y'all with think it puts us over the top. Think Charles smith, kiki, or Harper. We'll get a good player cuz after all "we don't win a championship with Lando!"

Its all about CP3 isn't it?

AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
9/19/2011  2:29 PM
Nalod wrote:Who is in charge of player personel when the stike is over?

Isiah gonna trade Lando.

Don't worry about it, it will be a big package and y'all with think it puts us over the top. Think Charles smith, kiki, or Harper. We'll get a good player cuz after all "we don't win a championship with Lando!"

Its all about CP3 isn't it?

In the end if we get a great team put together it doesn't matter who built it. I don't know if all the rumors are true, but at this point can't be concerned about it. We need this lockout to be over with and then see what the new CBA will be. Once we know the new landscape then we can see what will be possible or not. It may not be possible to put together a trade for CP3 under the new CBA, so why worry about it now?

I'm must going to enjoy watching this new squad. I think we have a really good mix of players and I think the staff has more balance now with Woodson on board. The last big questions will be what they do about the C spot. I'm completely happy with the guard rotation right now. I think Iman helps to round out the group.

Just think about this team right now and it's gonna be the most potent teams we've seen since the championship days in terms of firepower.

Amar'e, Melo, Chauncey, Iman, Landry, TD, Shawne, Walker, Balkman, Rautins and perhaps a C like Gray, Pryz or Dalembert. Jordan, Jorts, Turiaf,

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/19/2011  3:23 PM
Nix,

Being a knick fan you go with the product on the court. The rest is just drama.

I like Walsh and thought he was a good guy. Nice to have that. Like a guy.

Isiah is an *******. Woodson is all him. The guy is qualified so Im not against it, just not feeling the way things are decided.

Can't say I dislike Melo, just thought the process was one sided and we overpaid.

Do I make a stand and not continue to be a fan because of management? Not yet. Maybe when Isiah starts killing people perhaps. Until then, what is bankrupcy, ignoring children born out of wedlock, sextual harassemnt and outright incompetance have anything to do with anything?

nixluva
USA
9/19/2011  6:41 PM
Nalod wrote:Nix,

Being a knick fan you go with the product on the court. The rest is just drama.

I like Walsh and thought he was a good guy. Nice to have that. Like a guy.

Isiah is an *******. Woodson is all him. The guy is qualified so Im not against it, just not feeling the way things are decided.

Can't say I dislike Melo, just thought the process was one sided and we overpaid.

Do I make a stand and not continue to be a fan because of management? Not yet. Maybe when Isiah starts killing people perhaps. Until then, what is bankrupcy, ignoring children born out of wedlock, sextual harassemnt and outright incompetance have anything to do with anything?

All I know is that TODAY we have 2 current All Stars and a former All Star at the top of this team! Did we pay too much? You could say so, but IMO I felt that it was worth it when you think about how rare this kind of talent is and how hard it is to accumulate this kind of talent. STAT and Melo are in their primes, not at the end. The Celtics got a good little run out of their already aging stars and ours are younger. Pierce is 33, KG is 35 and Allen is 36!!! Melo is 27 and STAT is 28. The bulk of the Knicks remaining players are younger than that. We've got another 7 years before our stars are at the age the Celtics are now. That's good enough for me.

7 Carmelo Anthony SF 27 6-8 230 $18,518,574
1 Amare Stoudemire PF 28 6-10 240 $18,217,705
4 Chauncey Billups PG 34 6-3 210 $14,200,000
14 Ronny Turiaf C 28 6-10 245 $4,630,000
32 Renaldo Balkman PF 27 6-8 208 $1,675,000
23 Toney Douglas G 25 6-2 185 $1,145,640
5 Bill Walker SG 23 6-6 220 $916,100
3 Shawne Williams SF 25 6-9 230 $854,389
6 Landry Fields G 23 6-7 210 $788,872
11 Andy Rautins G 24 6-4 190 $788,872
2 Derrick Brown F 24 6-8 220 $762,195
9 Jared Jeffries PF 29 6-11 240 $221,136
0 Iman Shumpert G 21 6-5 212
0 Josh Harrellson F 22 6-10 275
0 Jerome Jordan C 24 7-1 245
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
9/19/2011  7:27 PM
^ I never really paid attention to the ages of the Knicks player, but all under 30 except Billups. Not bad.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Sangfroid
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #2784

9/19/2011  9:32 PM
The line-up looks interesting, but unless Jordan turns into a beast during his European swing, we're in dire need of a center.
"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
nixluva
USA
9/20/2011  12:54 AM
It's funny how some were stuck on what we gave up, but this team has IMO quickly rebounded from the loss of our depth. The odds are very good that we will be able to add a FA Center to bolster the interior. At that point just add water, woodson, and mix!

I still don't think most Knick fans realize just how good this team is likely to be now. I think they're still stuck in the emotions of the trade and the slow adjustment after the trade. No longer do we have to worry about having a closer or go to players. We have youth, speed, athletic ability and now only have to finish off the size on the roster. We'll likely add Josh and Jerome to backup the C spot and hopefully add a vet like Aaron Gray or Joel Pryzbilla. There are other options as well so we'll have to see how things play out, but i'm very pleased with the state of the roster so far.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
9/20/2011  9:13 AM
martin wrote:^ I never really paid attention to the ages of the Knicks player, but all under 30 except Billups. Not bad.

Turiaf might be 28 on paper, but in actuality he's about 47.

MS
Member: #724
9/20/2011  2:19 PM
We added depth? We have no center or backup (Turiaf is always injured), backup power forward, true backup point or starting shoting guard. We have a ways to go and have to hope that Billups stays healthy, melo commits himself to offseason training, amare doesn't suffer another injury and jordan, fields, douglas, shumpert continue to get better.

Center options are the Vanilla Gorilla, Nazr, Aaron Gray and that's about it for the money that we have left to spend.

RonRon
Member: #246
9/20/2011  3:13 PM
The way Shumpert has been looking, I think they will reconsider using the MLE for a center. I don't think they expected a Shumpert to contribute as much as I think he can. His first step, athletic ability, size, length, and his mindset on improving his game, especially on the defensive end, will give any PG more troubles than Cp3 or Deron. For the MLE price, our best bets would be Dalembert and Humphries. It is possible teams would even pay more to add either one of these players. I wonder if Kim K would have a effect on Humphries picking New York over Jersey. I think the Nets will offer more than the MLE to try to keep him however, New York media will magnify their publicity even more. We all know Kim K would rather have the big city life of New York if she does decide to pick a 2nd home or even move....

What are your thoughts of picking Dalembert or Humphries? I wouldn't worry about not being able to sign a max player if we are just missing the MLE price for the 3rd max player next summer because I believe the addition of these players will bolster our roster and trade value. And honestly for the MLE, they are assets and are tradeable.

Adding a player like Aaron Gray or Prizbilla at near the vets min wouldn't be a bad move either. It all depends on how NBA ready Jorts and Jerome Jordan are able to contribute. However, a player like Humphries adds the brains of a vet that can mentor them as well. Dalembert is a long, lanky, athletic, and defensive player but he isn't a high BB IQ player vs Humphries. Both don't need the ball to be effective however, I think Humpries has the slightly better shot and is smarter, Dalembert is physically more enticing, however, if his injuries kick in and he loses his athletic ability one day, he can have a big drop off to his game. Either way, I really think Shumpert has dedicated himself to improving his game and I really like what we have.

martin
USA
9/20/2011  3:55 PM
RonRon wrote:The way Shumpert has been looking, I think they will reconsider using the MLE for a center. I don't think they expected a Shumpert to contribute as much as I think he can. His first step, athletic ability, size, length, and his mindset on improving his game, especially on the defensive end, will give any PG more troubles than Cp3 or Deron. For the MLE price, our best bets would be Dalembert and Humphries. It is possible teams would even pay more to add either one of these players. I wonder if Kim K would have a effect on Humphries picking New York over Jersey. I think the Nets will offer more than the MLE to try to keep him however, New York media will magnify their publicity even more. We all know Kim K would rather have the big city life of New York if she does decide to pick a 2nd home or even move....

What are your thoughts of picking Dalembert or Humphries? I wouldn't worry about not being able to sign a max player if we are just missing the MLE price for the 3rd max player next summer because I believe the addition of these players will bolster our roster and trade value. And honestly for the MLE, they are assets and are tradeable.

Adding a player like Aaron Gray or Prizbilla at near the vets min wouldn't be a bad move either. It all depends on how NBA ready Jorts and Jerome Jordan are able to contribute. However, a player like Humphries adds the brains of a vet that can mentor them as well. Dalembert is a long, lanky, athletic, and defensive player but he isn't a high BB IQ player vs Humphries. Both don't need the ball to be effective however, I think Humpries has the slightly better shot and is smarter, Dalembert is physically more enticing, however, if his injuries kick in and he loses his athletic ability one day, he can have a big drop off to his game. Either way, I really think Shumpert has dedicated himself to improving his game and I really like what we have.

So obviously the salary cap talks will have an impact, but all things considered even, this is what I think will shake out:

Knicks use this next year as a growing year and a little bit of a wait and see. How will Chauncey play with a full training camp with Melo and Amare? Is he interested past this year? What are the chances of landing CP3? How will Shumpert progress? Is Shump a PG or SG? Is TD an adequate backup PG?

Those are the first line questions I am sure the staff is asking. More of them: Is Shawne Williams gonna be around for more than a year? Is Derrick Brown a 1-and-done? Turiaf 1-and-done? What do we have in Jorts and Jerome Jordan? Can Fields hold down the SG spot?

I think a lot of the player transactions that Knicks will give consideration towards will be 100% dependent on how Billups and Shumpert perform. If Billups and Shump exceed expectations and (perhaps) Billups decides he wants to extend for an additional 2 years (and the Knicks are happy to have him at say $7M per and like how he is tutoring Shump/TD), perhaps they go in that direction and use the additional cash on low-level but serviceable C's in a year (Jason Thompson).

If Billups is clearly not working out and longs to be back with his family, can they trade his contract? Perhaps they use it to trade for CP3, perhaps Shump is good enough and they use his contract to trade for some bigs.

In the short term I expect the Knicks to use the MLE on a 1 year deal on a big so that they do not hamstring their future maneuvers. No to Humpries, he is like a 6'7" PF.

nixluva
USA
9/20/2011  6:51 PM
MS wrote:We added depth? We have no center or backup (Turiaf is always injured), backup power forward, true backup point or starting shoting guard. We have a ways to go and have to hope that Billups stays healthy, melo commits himself to offseason training, amare doesn't suffer another injury and jordan, fields, douglas, shumpert continue to get better.

Center options are the Vanilla Gorilla, Nazr, Aaron Gray and that's about it for the money that we have left to spend.

It's a basketball team!!! You only have a limited amount of players on the roster and so adding 2 or 3 players that can make the rotation is adding depth!

Melo is now a ? due to offseason training? Come on MS, you're better than that!

I would agree that STAT is a guy you have to be concerned about only cuz he's shown that you can't overuse him. I think they'll be more apt to rest him more from now on. Having Melo helps with that.

Turiaf is a known injury risk, which is why we're not looking to rely on him as our starting C.
However, we don't need to bring in Olajuwon at C either. We just need a solid C that can rebound and defend.

Billups hasn't had health problems and aside from the FREAK injury of a Knee to Knee collision it's irresponsible to assume that he's at risk for injury.

We already know that we need to sign a vet to help at C, however, we also still have backup options with Jerome Jordan and Jorts. I don't think we need to worry about backup PF as a pure position. Most of the bigs in the league are PF's even tho some play C. We have enough bodies to cover the PF spot.

As for Iman, we have drafted him as a PG/SG to help backup the PG spot. The Knicks were very confident that Iman could help immediately. That's one of the reasons they took him and so far it appears they were right.

martin
USA
9/21/2011  10:16 AM
martin
USA
9/21/2011  10:17 AM
ChrisMannixSI
Iman Shumpert just posterized Jordan Crawford.

MrMichaelLee
Gosh. I felt the earth move on that Iman Shumpert dunk. Poor Jordan Crawford fouled him but fortunately got out...of...the...way!

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
9/21/2011  11:54 AM
I see Shumpert as a starting SG in the NBA. He reminds me a bit of a young Spree with his size, length and ability to overpower other SGs. When Spree was at Golden State, early in his career, they tried to make him a PG, too. In one stretch when Tim Hardaway was out, Spree played PG on a team with Webber and Mullin. But he wound up being a SG. That's what I see for Shumpert.

I really like this kid and I think he'll be a great fit next to Amar'e and Melo.

Unfortunately, I think he might be tradebait for CP3, along with Billups. I agree with Martin that this is kind of a wait and see year - but I think if Isiah gets his way the Knicks will trade for CP3 and install Mike Woodson as head coach in 2012.

¿ △ ?
nixluva
USA
9/21/2011  2:54 PM
crzymdups wrote:I see Shumpert as a starting SG in the NBA. He reminds me a bit of a young Spree with his size, length and ability to overpower other SGs. When Spree was at Golden State, early in his career, they tried to make him a PG, too. In one stretch when Tim Hardaway was out, Spree played PG on a team with Webber and Mullin. But he wound up being a SG. That's what I see for Shumpert.

I really like this kid and I think he'll be a great fit next to Amar'e and Melo.

Unfortunately, I think he might be tradebait for CP3, along with Billups. I agree with Martin that this is kind of a wait and see year - but I think if Isiah gets his way the Knicks will trade for CP3 and install Mike Woodson as head coach in 2012.

Iman is gonna be a combo guard. He's gonna be a SG at times and when we need a few minutes at PG I think he'll be able to handle that. Who knows long term what he'll end up being, but I think he'll be a little like other scoring PG's in that he won't be Nash or CP3, but should be more than adequate in playing point. Westbrook isn't a pure passer. Rose isn't a pure passer. Heck even Billups isn't a pure passer. There are many examples of guards who play PG that aren't pure passers. Still due to his size and skills, Iman should play both spots.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
9/21/2011  3:04 PM
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:I see Shumpert as a starting SG in the NBA. He reminds me a bit of a young Spree with his size, length and ability to overpower other SGs. When Spree was at Golden State, early in his career, they tried to make him a PG, too. In one stretch when Tim Hardaway was out, Spree played PG on a team with Webber and Mullin. But he wound up being a SG. That's what I see for Shumpert.

Iman is gonna be a combo guard. He's gonna be a SG at times and when we need a few minutes at PG I think he'll be able to handle that. Who knows long term what he'll end up being, but I think he'll be a little like other scoring PG's in that he won't be Nash or CP3, but should be more than adequate in playing point. Westbrook isn't a pure passer. Rose isn't a pure passer. Heck even Billups isn't a pure passer. There are many examples of guards who play PG that aren't pure passers. Still due to his size and skills, Iman should play both spots.

I like the look of an Iman/Fields backcourt.

martin
USA
9/21/2011  3:11 PM
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
9/21/2011  3:39 PM
nixluva wrote:

I say he's a straight shooting guard. People thought Jamal could be a PG, too, and he wasn't. SGs should have playmaking skills - but that alone doesn't make them point guards. I haven't seen enough handle or ability to run the pick and roll to assume Iman can play the point - especially in the MDA system.

I think a Billups/Shumpert backcourt is our best bet out of the gate. Though I hope Iman can play a little PG, because I think a backcourt of he and Toney Douglas would be terrific for a change of pace for short stretches of the game.

¿ △ ?
nixluva
USA
9/21/2011  7:23 PM
crzymdups wrote:
nixluva wrote:

I say he's a straight shooting guard. People thought Jamal could be a PG, too, and he wasn't. SGs should have playmaking skills - but that alone doesn't make them point guards. I haven't seen enough handle or ability to run the pick and roll to assume Iman can play the point - especially in the MDA system.

I think a Billups/Shumpert backcourt is our best bet out of the gate. Though I hope Iman can play a little PG, because I think a backcourt of he and Toney Douglas would be terrific for a change of pace for short stretches of the game.

I'm gonna side with Donnie and Mike who've seen this kid up close and in person. What are you basing your belief that Iman can't run some point?

Shumpert does not need the ball to be effective, making him a solid complement to the Knicks’ three stars. Although he is considered more of a combination guard than a true point, Walsh said Shumpert has the requisite playmaking skills. The Knicks need an eventual heir to Billups, who will be 35 next season.

“I think with our team offensively, he probably will play more point than he will two guard, because Chauncey can play ‘two’ probably as good as anybody,” Walsh said. “I think he can run pick-and-roll, I think he’ll see the play, and he’ll get better at it.”

Shumpert showing his shooting in Vegas

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy