[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Isiah Thomas, NBA Exec of the Year
Author Thread
bigblitz2001
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #535
2/15/2004  11:34 PM
First off I will admit at first I did not like the move to make Isiah the GM of the NYK. He has totally won me over and changed my mind. IMO everything he has touched has turned to Gold.

1. Trade Weatherspoon for Moochie - Just getting someone to talk Spoons contract was a huge. Anyone who judges this trade on talent doesnt get it. Getting rid of Spoon was a miracle.

2. Marbury for a bunch of expiring contracts and ???? - no brainer, Got one of the top 10 players in the NBA and a damn good 6th man. I dont pay pennys salary so I dont care if he makes 20 mil a yr.

3. Tim and Nazr for doleac and KVH - Looking at the stats doesnt do this trade justice. Look at the fit. The knicks are a much more balanced team now. No more complaining the knicks are just a jump shooting team, they have players who shoot from the outside, players that can finish in the lane and more defense. They are long and athletec and can run with Marbs better now.

Also and this can not be overstated. The knicks are getting closer to having players whose play match their contracts. If you arent under the salary cap this is the next best thing because you can make sign and trades. Now only H20, Penny, and Shandon make more $ than their production. This means the knicks have more flexability to make moves in the future.

I now Love Isiah Thomas I really believe he can light a fire under TT and he will play better than ever. Plus I really think Steph cares about NY and the Knicks enough that he is setting an example for these other players letting them know how important it is to rep this city. It is rubbing off and he is becoming a leader. This team gels and they can compete with anyone in the East. If sheed comes in the summer watch out NBA, THANK YOU ISIAH. I OWE YOU.
AUTOADVERT
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
2/15/2004  11:39 PM
Good post, BigBlitz. Yes indeed Messiah Thomas earns his praise!
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
Snowman
Member: #458
Iceland
2/15/2004  11:48 PM
Lets be honest, you think TT is living up to that HUGE contract he has with 3 yrs left on it ??? CORE let the hate go for just a moment and tell me the truth, you think TT is a huge upgrade over KVH ??? PLEASE BE HONEST !!! lol... ok ok ok that is asking a bit much from you dawg !!! But just try anyway !!!
What does DICK CHANEY & DON CHANEY have in common ?? They both accidentally fell into a job they don't deserve & really suck at doing it !!!! Both need to be fired !!!
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
2/15/2004  11:52 PM
To be honest, I would for Kiki Vanderweghe ahead of Isiah.
nyvector16
Member: #130
USA
2/16/2004  12:04 AM
TT is not an upgrade over Van Horn...
BUT here are the positives of this trade:
1. TT is a better ball handler
2. TT is quicker
... previous two positives make TT a better fit into our system
3. Nazr is a HUGE upgrade at the 5 spot (not a blockbuster upgrade but still can be considered a nice acquisition due to lack of talent available at this position)
3. Nazr is quicker than anything we had before at that position making him fit into our system better than Mutombo
4. Nazr is a true center who bangs down low for his offense as oppose to Doleac who was more of a Spot up shooter (Shooter is nice to have but our need was for a low post banger and that need was addressed)

All these reasons make us an all around better team... than we were before... as I said before.. Basketball is a team sport.. all 5 players work together to run an offense and defense.

The players we got fit our system better than the players we gave up.
It can be argued that the indivudual player we gave up at the 3 is better than what we got in return... that is true...
But as a team.. .we are better...

And finally... these two guys are coming from two teams in two different situations that did not compliment their skills... Our team compliments their skills better than their previous teams. Do not be surprised if their stats improve once they learn our system...

One final point... Money is not any issue as we will not be players in free agency for a long long time... Cutting payroll won't reduce ticket prices or get us any closer to signing a big time free agent for the next 3 to 4 years... we are building to win it all as soon as possible... Any arguement based on fiscal responsobility is baseless...

[Edited by - nyvector16 on 02/16/2004 00:12:36]
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/16/2004  12:16 AM
I just hope we gell quickly.
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
2/16/2004  12:49 AM
Posted by Snowman:

Lets be honest, you think TT is living up to that HUGE contract he has with 3 yrs left on it ??? CORE let the hate go for just a moment and tell me the truth, you think TT is a huge upgrade over KVH ??? PLEASE BE HONEST !!! lol... ok ok ok that is asking a bit much from you dawg !!! But just try anyway !!!

Basically, I'd rather have TT & Nazr than KVH & Doleac.
NYVector stole my thunder as for the reasons for that. One thing he neglected to add was the defense factor between the two. TT is more balanced, and has skills we need. We know that TT shoots fairly well from the outside as well as having the quickness to slash to the hoop and run in the break or in transition. He has some post-up moves, too. He also is a better defender that KVH, which is another major factor in why he fits in better. Nazr brings solid D and some rebounding inside.

Isiah Thomas said in the press conference that it wasn't an individual thing, and that he viewed the trade in it's entirety. He said that he would not have made the deal if it were KVH for TT trade straight up.

[Edited by - HARDCOREKNICKSFAN on 02/16/2004 00:55:36]
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

2/16/2004  7:41 AM
If Isiah isnt executive of the year, somethings wrong.

ZEKE HAS GOTTEN MORE BUZZ OUT IN NY THAN THE WHOLE BLAZERS TEAM GOT SMOKIN WEED

JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

2/16/2004  10:28 AM
The knock on zeke is he gets a team together , but he wears out his welcome in about three yrs
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/16/2004  10:47 AM
everywhere I checked they said Tim Thomas have become a good defender. Something KVH will never be.
Isiah Thomas, NBA Exec of the Year

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy