[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Tell me about Nazr Mohammed
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/15/2004  6:37 PM
Haven't seen the guy play or know anything. What's the scoop?
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

2/15/2004  6:49 PM
When given starter minutes the guy produces something like Anderson (WITHOUT THE TURNOVERS) He's a solid rebounder can actually dominate the boards. Needs to be pushed to play hard, hopefully Wilkens can handle all these trades and the new guys can pickup the offensive and defensive plays.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
2/15/2004  7:53 PM
He can really rebound. He has averaged over 3 offensive boards per game when he has started which is really good. He doesnt have much range, and his offensive game is limited by poor footwork, but he manages to get his points. If he starts here and gets 25-30 mins a game I'd expect 10 pts and 8 boards easy.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
2/15/2004  9:24 PM
When nazr was starting for a injured ratliff, he was really good, can rebound, has a decent jump hook but is also a good man on man defender... Young guy who can definately get better...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
2/15/2004  9:28 PM
He plays more of a traditional game, from what I have observed. He plays more of an inside game than Doleac. He's a banger who does not shy away from contact.
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
nyvector16
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #130
USA
2/15/2004  9:46 PM
I think only reason he has not developed into even more of a player than he is is he has been stuck on a team with too many big men... underutilized his whole career. He could develop into a real steal for us. But even with his skills right now.. he will make some a solid contribution where we need it most.. at the 5 spot.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/15/2004  10:02 PM
yeah he was playing behind Ratliff and Rahim. IMO Nazr is better and cheaper than Dampier. Their numbers are similar but Dampier has averaged 25min for his career while Nazr only 17min.
Caseloads
Member: #41
2/15/2004  11:06 PM
Nazr, a nobody in Philly, traded to ATL as part of the Deke to Philly trade... he went to ATL that year and blew up large with Ratliff out. Has faded since, but could be good. But Doleac could be good too. Strange.

And Tim Thomas? Very Strange move. Doesnt have the shot, height or rebounds that KVH has at all. And to think that we could have gotten darius miles for Frank and Othella, who would have been better than Tim Thomas.
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
2/15/2004  11:09 PM
Miles better than Tim Thomas??? LOL

Tim Thomas has skills that Miles does not have or has yet to develop. Thomas is still a work-in-progress though, as we'll see when he steps up his game on the Knicks.
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
MaseInYourFace
Member: #546
Canada
2/15/2004  11:48 PM
Posted by Caseloads:

Nazr, a nobody in Philly, traded to ATL as part of the Deke to Philly trade... he went to ATL that year and blew up large with Ratliff out. Has faded since, but could be good. But Doleac could be good too. Strange.

And Tim Thomas? Very Strange move. Doesnt have the shot, height or rebounds that KVH has at all. And to think that we could have gotten darius miles for Frank and Othella, who would have been better than Tim Thomas.

yup shouldve had darius miles and kvh, now thats a squad
Yes! - Marv Albert
MaseInYourFace
Member: #546
Canada
2/15/2004  11:49 PM
Posted by HARDCOREKNICKSFAN:

Miles better than Tim Thomas??? LOL

Tim Thomas has skills that Miles does not have or has yet to develop. Thomas is still a work-in-progress though, as we'll see when he steps up his game on the Knicks.

yea miles upside is huge,id rather have him than tim thomas

its not even an argument when you consider we'd have miles and kvh.
Yes! - Marv Albert
Snowman
Member: #458
Iceland
2/15/2004  11:53 PM
Everyone notice how HARDCORE is already back peddling stating " TT is still a work in progress " !! Already making EXCUSES for this chump !!! What is the difference in MILES & TT ??? Neither guy can shoot a jumper, neither guy plays defense, both can finish on a break and last but most important, TT makes triple what MILES makes !!!!
What does DICK CHANEY & DON CHANEY have in common ?? They both accidentally fell into a job they don't deserve & really suck at doing it !!!! Both need to be fired !!!
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/16/2004  12:22 AM
Nazr is averaging 5rebs in only 17min! thats amazing!
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
2/16/2004  2:34 AM
Tim Thomas has a way better shot than Miles.

I hate miles, his game is-oh i forgot- he doesn't have won.

He can run and dunk oooh!

TT can dribble, shoot & pass and has the potential to be something special. He will be pushed really hard here, I hope it all works out for us. I hope he blossoms
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
2/16/2004  2:56 AM
Posted by Snowman:

Everyone notice how HARDCORE is already back peddling stating " TT is still a work in progress " !! Already making EXCUSES for this chump !!! What is the difference in MILES & TT ??? Neither guy can shoot a jumper, neither guy plays defense, both can finish on a break and last but most important, TT makes triple what MILES makes !!!!

Everyone notice how K9/Snowman is riding HARDCORE's sack?

Son, I called TT a "work in progress" in regards to the statements made about him not yet reaching his potential. Isiah plans to work TT into the system and help bring out his potential. There's no need for excuses when the truth will suffice...

From the NY Times, Chris Broussard's article:

In Indiana, Isiah Thomas had great success helping Jermaine O'Neal and Ron Artest blossom into stars, and he believes he can help Tim Thomas do the same in New York.

"When you make a trade for a player, you always try to imagine how the player would be in your surroundings, in your environment, under your tutelage," Isiah Thomas said. "I'm confident that if Tim is willing to work and willing to listen, we can help him reach the potential that he has."

This is the direction we need to be going in- bringing out the potential in players and helping them make the greatest contribution to the team.

I am not even going to waste my time talking about Darius Miles vs. Tim Thomas. It's not worth it to discuss the obvious (that TT has WAY more skills than Darius Miles. Killa4luv already broke that one down for you.).

Just stop it, K9/Snowman. Being a KVH fan was bad enough. Don't make a bad thing worse by becoming a TT/Nazr hater because management improved the team and traded your boy. We're getting better, and the moves Isiah continues to make keep us going in the right direction- Upwards.

So instead of making futile attempts to debate me on the obvious (read the articles, watch the sports news), just let it go... Ya boy KVH is GONE. Put those wee-wee pads to use and get over it, lil' dawg.
Swishfm3
Member: #392
2/16/2004  12:46 PM
Nazr is a Kentucky Wildcat alumni...A student of the great R.Pitino....Like every Kentucky player in the NBA

Walker
Delk
Anderson
Prince
Mashburn
Bogans
Padgett
McCarthy
Maglore
Mercer

he will contribute nicely in the Knicks.

[Edited by - swishfm3 on 02/16/2004 12:48:57]
Tell me about Nazr Mohammed

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy