[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

we should keep camby out until the allstar break..
Author Thread
killacross
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #58
USA
11/9/2001  12:26 AM
just let him get back to 100%. Whatever the injury is its better for it to heal. Look, rice tried to play through a foot injury and he is still hurting now because he never game it the rest it needed when it needed it. Keep camby out for as long as possible, well get the 8th seed (great non lotto pick) and then make it to the finals.
ya cant stop me, you can only hope to contain me
AUTOADVERT
Caseloads
Member: #41
11/9/2001  4:01 AM
Posted by killacross:

just let him get back to 100%. Whatever the injury is its better for it to heal. Look, rice tried to play through a foot injury and he is still hurting now because he never game it the rest it needed when it needed it. Keep camby out for as long as possible, well get the 8th seed (great non lotto pick) and then make it to the finals.
That's exactly what I was thinking, we will make 8th place in the East, no matter what, and furthermore, we will get a great non-lotto pick that we can package with players (read Ward/Eisley/Harrington/Weatherspoon) to move up in the draft.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/9/2001  9:26 AM
Posted by Caseloads:

That's exactly what I was thinking, we will make 8th place in the East, no matter what, and furthermore, we will get a great non-lotto pick that we can package with players (read Ward/Eisley/Harrington/Weatherspoon) to move up in the draft.

Actually that's what I would love to see. 8th seed and maybe another Cinderella run deep into the playoffs. Now if we could only not draft big oafs from France with, say, the 15th pick overall, we'd be OK.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
MCfan23
Member: #114
USA
11/9/2001  9:50 AM
That's exactly what I was thinking martin...

I would love a repeat of '99...

And we would get a top 15 pick...

But then again, what good is it having a top 15 draft pick if the GM is one Scotty Layden?

[Edited by - MCfan23 on 11/09/2001 09:51:57]
We suck.
prowler
Member: #135
USA
11/9/2001  10:24 AM
If u remember correctly i was saying the same thing all along. Marcus is the closest thing we have got to a budding superstar so why risk the chance of wrecking is future and ours. We as u know at this point have nothing to lose by keeping him out. How bad is Polynice really. Is he not an upgrade to Spencer. At least i think he can hit a lay up. I am not raggin on Spencer but even with the big body he still is not doin what we want him to do which is anything besides just to pick up quick stupid fouls. Polynice for 1 mill and change, cut the old guard that we signed over Wright cause he is definitely of NO kind of USE to us AT ALL, when we get our real center Foyle or Jackson we could have a real center rotation and Marcus would hardly ever have to play the five.

The rotation could be somethin like this:

Jackson,Eisley
Houston,Postell
Spree,Anderson,Spoon
Camby,Harrington,Spoon
Jackson or Foyle,Polynice,Camby

Ward and Thomas should be the guys traded
knicker for life
Caseloads
Member: #41
11/9/2001  11:19 AM
Posted by prowler:

If u remember correctly i was saying the same thing all along. Marcus is the closest thing we have got to a budding superstar so why risk the chance of wrecking is future and ours. We as u know at this point have nothing to lose by keeping him out. How bad is Polynice really. Is he not an upgrade to Spencer. At least i think he can hit a lay up. I am not raggin on Spencer but even with the big body he still is not doin what we want him to do which is anything besides just to pick up quick stupid fouls. Polynice for 1 mill and change, cut the old guard that we signed over Wright cause he is definitely of NO kind of USE to us AT ALL, when we get our real center Foyle or Jackson we could have a real center rotation and Marcus would hardly ever have to play the five.

The rotation could be somethin like this:

Jackson,Eisley
Houston,Postell
Spree,Anderson,Spoon
Camby,Harrington,Spoon
Jackson or Foyle,Polynice,Camby

Ward and Thomas should be the guys traded
Save our future, let Camby heal properly. I like us being the underdogs, because this team doesn't have the mentality to overachieve (ie - loss to the Bulls, and the imminent loss to the Clippers - I know the KiddieClips are not a joke anymore, but we still should be able to take them with our court savvy over athleticism).
john44
Member: #115
USA
11/9/2001  2:07 PM
I agree we shouldnt rush camby back, but we cant wait till the all-star break. by then we might be about 3 or 4 games out of the playoffs and that might be alittle hard to make up.If Camby is still out at Christmas then i think there is something seriously wrong with him. Yes he can be a great player but its hard to count on a guy who cant play 70 games a season. Also dont get so down on kurt thomas hes a good post player i think and when or if camby comes back he will play much better.
Matt
rwayne1361
Member: #143
USA
11/10/2001  4:27 PM
Toronto
Orlando
Milwaukee
Philadelphia
Charlotte
Indiana
Miami

are all better than our Knicks as presently constructed.

What makes you so confident that New Jersey, Boston, or even Detroit can't beat us out.

I am saying it now.............we will be in the LOTTERY!!!!
we should keep camby out until the allstar break..

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy