[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Van Horn for Tim Thomas?
Author Thread
Swishfm3
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #392
2/15/2004  5:40 PM
Trade K.Thomas??? why????? Nazr will come in to play center and the PF position.

K.Thomas is the best big man we have....I.Thomas can't just trade him for peanuts. If the right trade doesn't come along, then hang tight until the off-season.

to many "Thomas" in this team now
AUTOADVERT
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

3/1/2004  8:20 AM
TT is a mental miget along with KT that trade will send us back.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
spreeeewell
Member: #436
3/1/2004  10:02 AM
Posted by playa2:

TT is a mental miget along with KT that trade will send us back.
Playa! you are too much.
I'd rather die on my feet, than live on my knees!
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/1/2004  12:06 PM
Posted by HARDCOREKNICKSFAN:

We got more athletic. Simple and plain.

Plus, I have been wanting KVH outta here since he first got here. I always figured Tim Thomas would make a good Knick. Those two were traded the day they were drafted.

Whoo, Yeah! Happy day, happy day! Now we can call him Keith Van GONE.

Now all the KVH Fan Club members can shut the hell up or become Bucks fans. LOL

[Edited by - HARDCOREKNICKSFAN on 02/15/2004 16:15:47]

Milwaukee has a team in the NBA?
MaseInYourFace
Member: #546
Canada
3/1/2004  6:08 PM
Posted by HARDCOREKNICKSFAN:

We got more athletic. Simple and plain.

Plus, I have been wanting KVH outta here since he first got here. I always figured Tim Thomas would make a good Knick. Those two were traded the day they were drafted.

Whoo, Yeah! Happy day, happy day! Now we can call him Keith Van GONE.

Now all the KVH Fan Club members can shut the hell up or become Bucks fans. LOL

[Edited by - HARDCOREKNICKSFAN on 02/15/2004 16:15:47]

as we've seen, kvh made us a better team.
Yes! - Marv Albert
BasketballJones
Alba Posts: 19
Member: #290
USA
3/1/2004  6:24 PM
Before you can properly evaluate this trade, you have to have a time frame. In the short term it is clear that this trade has set us back. In the long term -- the jury is still out. It's obvious that Isiah will keep making changes until he finds a combination that works. If Tim Thomas doesn't produce, he's outta here.

I'm not impressed with Thomas as a replacement for Van Horn, and Nazr has yet to make a difference. But I'm no great Van Horn fan either.

Again, it depends on the time frame. If the goal is to make the playoffs and try to advance this year, it seems to me you keep Van Horn in spite of his flaws because it can take time to work new players into a system and re-establish team chemistry. There may be a different calculation for the long term. Making that calculation is Isiah's job.

As fans though, we're going to continue to demand that the Knicks play up to their potential and win some games.
https:// It's not so hard.
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

3/1/2004  6:54 PM
BJ at the same time I know for a fact after giving up our #1 picks Zeke expects this team to make the playoffs and if they don't somebody will get good picks. If we don't make the playoffs Dolan , Zeke , Wilkens would have to admit this trade a failure.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
MaseInYourFace
Member: #546
Canada
3/1/2004  7:43 PM
I agree with you in that IT will continue to make changes until we do win. Or at least TRY to.
However, KVH was a better player so I don't see how it makes us better in the long run, TT is not close to a rook,he's had time and the small market stage to prove himself already.

The other caveat is that we have given up all our bargaining chips and draft picks, and haven't been able to move KT or mutombo although IT was definately trying hard.

P.S.

what problems did you have with KVH-he is a consistent outside shooter, is pretty good at driving-especially with his height advantage often. his defense sure isn't up to true knick defense-sure its no excuse, but nobody else on the knicks right now is a great defender like we have had in the past. his rebounding is decent.

TT on the other hand rebounds even worse, his defense is nothing to speak of, and their offensive games are somewhat comparable although KVH is grittier and is more of a consistent shooter.
Posted by BasketballJones:

Before you can properly evaluate this trade, you have to have a time frame. In the short term it is clear that this trade has set us back. In the long term -- the jury is still out. It's obvious that Isiah will keep making changes until he finds a combination that works. If Tim Thomas doesn't produce, he's outta here.

I'm not impressed with Thomas as a replacement for Van Horn, and Nazr has yet to make a difference. But I'm no great Van Horn fan either.

Again, it depends on the time frame. If the goal is to make the playoffs and try to advance this year, it seems to me you keep Van Horn in spite of his flaws because it can take time to work new players into a system and re-establish team chemistry. There may be a different calculation for the long term. Making that calculation is Isiah's job.

As fans though, we're going to continue to demand that the Knicks play up to their potential and win some games.
Yes! - Marv Albert
Van Horn for Tim Thomas?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy