[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

New York to Houston the Van wagon starts to unload
Author Thread
Bobby
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #408
USA
2/14/2004  2:44 PM
LOL and shaking my head, this is all but too familiar that VG is up to his old tricks. As you may remember, VG supporters may be selective on the memory , Childs, H20 and Ward [Pastor Love affair] and VG softie comments dissing the team and now in Houston with the franchise. And when all else fails, you know what's coming next........

Further reading at www.nypost.com/sports/15616.htm
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
AUTOADVERT
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

2/14/2004  3:07 PM
Just a matter of time before the weasel turned Francis into a bad guy and make himself look good. This new drama with vandummy doesn't suprise me at all. Some will never see the real vangundy.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
2/14/2004  4:40 PM
I never understood why knick fans cheered vangun on his return. This snake QUIT on the team in the middle of season. He also refused to play Camby when the knicks got him, claiming he was too soft and didn't match up well with other players. Camby was the one other teams should have been worried about matching up with, not the other way around. Vandummy only started playing Camby when there were so many injuries that he had no choice, and he led them to the finals. I get the feeling Vandummy would be happier with Brunson as his point instead of Francis. Good riddance.
Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
Andrew
Member: #1
USA
2/14/2004  5:09 PM
Like or dislike JVG you have to admit that Francis has deserved some of the criticism.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
hDavis
Member: #494
USA
2/14/2004  6:18 PM
i'd still rather have van gundy in NY rather than lenny wilkens
ANOTHER Knick turnover! -Marv Albert
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
2/14/2004  6:19 PM
Posted by Andrew:

Like or dislike JVG you have to admit that Francis has deserved some of the criticism.

yup...but so does jvg
playa2

2/14/2004  8:46 PM
JVD has fooled the masses with his i'm the innocent party in all his controversial dealings.NOT ME!
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
2/14/2004  11:53 PM
At least JVG has gotten his team to the finals, what has Francis accomplished in the NBA? NOTHING! Thefacts are that Houston will make the playoffs for the first time in 3 years and Francis is too busy worrying abou the super bowl rather than his teammates. He is not a true PG and he is not at all making his teammates better. Houston has a franchise C, they need to use him now. France is myust adjust to that or be traded!

JVG will ruffle some feathers, so what? He should be allowed the same latitude any other coach has to form a team of his liking. Houston has a GM, they will make the final decisions.

NY was terrible after JVG left. He has blown NY out twice! He is a very good coach.

You guys are so predictable! Kill a guy for being 8 games over 500 and support Chaney who was never above 500! What a joke!

Keep it UP! LOL!
BigRedDog
Member: #569
2/15/2004  12:08 AM
Francis was definately wrong with missing the plane and probably some dealings with his attitude but that doesn't clear vangundy of bailing out with the knicks.He could have stayed here for a long time. He took off when the quality of players fell off.I can't see how a knick fan can cheer the guy. He is a good coach who can get his team to play defense but he does have limitations to his offensive game plans. He should win some championships with having Ming at center in the future to prove how good a coach he is. Lets see.
Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
2/15/2004  4:02 PM
Everybody agrees that the franchise would have some discipline action coming for missing the team charter to Phoenix, that's not the point. The point is VG going public instead of keeping counseling behind doors....which makes him very predictable in dissing players like he did in NY

"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
playa2

2/15/2004  4:15 PM
My point exactly the weasel. It amazes me riley gets called a rat And vandummy is a hero?
New York to Houston the Van wagon starts to unload

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy