[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Kurt thomas should be traded by deadline.
Author Thread
WOODMANnYk
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #529
USA
2/16/2004  8:43 AM
Posted by playa2:

Ok how about KT and ANDERSON andFrank Williams for Antoine Walker.

No Way!! Ever since Kenyon Martin officially made walker his own Bitch from the playoffs last yr. i don't think so. This joke of a dude gotr no heart. we need soemone whose gonna get feisty and aggressive @ all times.. dont worry, hopefully Rasheed gets here next yr..
The Future. GO KNICKS!
AUTOADVERT
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

2/16/2004  9:51 AM
Oh so what about this yr's team. Sounds as if everyone is waiting until next yr for a good playoff team , then why all the hype for this yr's team?
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
2/16/2004  9:55 AM
Posted by playa2:

Oh so what about this yr's team. Sounds as if everyone is waiting until next yr for a good playoff team , then why all the hype for this yr's team?

I think we got a good playoff team...just not a title contending team (im hopin they prove me wrong).
playa2

2/16/2004  10:17 AM
Posted by WOODMANnYk:
Posted by playa2:

Ok how about KT and ANDERSON andFrank Williams for Antoine Walker.

No Way!! Ever since Kenyon Martin officially made walker his own Bitch from the playoffs last yr. i don't think so. This joke of a dude gotr no heart. we need soemone whose gonna get feisty and aggressive @ all times.. dont worry, hopefully Rasheed gets here next yr..

Boston had no "TRUE CENTER" walker would be fine, NY has two centers now!
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
nyvector16
Member: #130
USA
2/16/2004  2:47 PM
Posted by MaTT4281:
Posted by playa2:

I think we got a good playoff team...just not a title contending team (im hopin they prove me wrong).

We will be in the playoffs this year.. that's a FACT..
I'm hoping Nazr has one of those Breakout playoff runs like Camby did for us in 99. Houston also lit it up that year... This team has great playoff potential.. especially with Marbury in the driver's seat. It should be very fun basketball for us Knick Fans...
I think we'll go deep.. and re-ignite our rivalry with the Pacers or explode into a whole new one that has been brewing for some time with the Nets.
toodarkmark
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #515
USA
2/16/2004  2:59 PM
Kurt THomas is the heart and soul of this team. Look at how lost they were without him during Dallas and NO. He is their toughness, he is no Charles Oakley, but he plays that role for us. He is a vocal leader, he does the "little" things and will not be traded. His hard work on defense and his toughness are infectious and without him the Knicks would become real soft real quick. I hope he signs for the next 5 years.
I don't care what people think. People are stupid. - Charles Barkley
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
2/16/2004  3:30 PM
Isiah and Stephon won't let this team get soft whether KT is here or not, IMO. We are actually toughened the team up by trading Mister Softee Himself, KVH.

I know all about the Heart and Soul stuff- Spree, Oak, Starks, Patrick, etc. However, the heart and Soul of the team will be Stephon. It's already started! Watch the games, and see how Stephon is on the floor. He's the loudest mouth out there. You can see his leadership qualites have matured since he was in NJ. He has more heart than anyone else on the court. If/when KT leaves NY, and is relpaced by Sheed or whoever we get, Stephon will still be the soul of the team.

Did you hear the Press conference for the trade? Isiah specifically stated that this trade was done in part because he wanted to give the frontcourt some "insurance" with Deke being 38 and KT opting out. After this trade, what happened in Dallas & New Orleans won't happen again if we have no KT on the floor.
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
daddynel
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #505
2/16/2004  11:42 PM
i've said it before and i'll say it again, walka is a chucka! and will always be a chucka! thomas on the other hand should be traded. i'm in agreement w/playa on that one.
he simply does'nt fit this team anymore. another thing i've said is zeke is a liar. particularly when he's conducting business. can't hate the man for that, it's not like he has'nt said straight-up that he'll lie if he has to. ain't nobody's business what he's up to until it happens, that's part of method.
playa2

2/17/2004  5:00 PM
Posted by toodarkmark:

Kurt THomas is the heart and soul of this team. Look at how lost they were without him during Dallas and NO. He is their toughness, he is no Charles Oakley, but he plays that role for us. He is a vocal leader, he does the "little" things and will not be traded. His hard work on defense and his toughness are infectious and without him the Knicks would become real soft real quick. I hope he signs for the next 5 years.

KT is a mental miget who can't harness his emotions. The guy can be a momenteum killer with silly fouls and shenanigans like pulling shorts and stuff.
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
2/17/2004  5:29 PM
I agree , if we can I would trade Kt and get younger, more athletic and more intelligent.
Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
BigRedDog
2/17/2004  5:46 PM
In today's Post , Vecsey stated "Mutombo is a vital pawn (along with Kurt Thomas) in sustained trade talk with the Warriors for Erick Dampier. "
daddynel
2/17/2004  11:36 PM
Posted by BigRedDog:

In today's Post , Vecsey stated "Mutombo is a vital pawn (along with Kurt Thomas) in sustained trade talk with the Warriors for Erick Dampier. "
dampier has been quoted as saying he's for his next contract. what's that tell you?
daddynel
2/17/2004  11:40 PM
oops. i meant PLAYING for his next contract. what can i say, it's late. soory.
playa2

2/18/2004  10:56 AM
I hope we trade KT for Dampier then we can deal with the west with NAZR and him in the paint.
BigRedDog
2/18/2004  12:44 PM
Maybe its not the best thing to hear why hes playing so well, but he is playing great and having him in the east should make him even better and I'll take that.
KnickChick114
Member: #413
USA
2/18/2004  2:56 PM
Posted by playa2:

KT is a mental miget who can't harness his emotions. The guy can be a momenteum killer with silly fouls and shenanigans like pulling shorts and stuff.

Yet the Knicks can't win without him. He should stay here in NY
NYK8
Member: #320
USA
2/18/2004  3:44 PM
once we trade Thomas on the deadline,we will pick up Baker to play the bench role wit Penny,while Wallace starts
!!!Knicks!!!
playa2

2/18/2004  3:45 PM
How do you figure that knick chick, KT as soon as he is gone and replaced with an athletic pf will show what we have been missing along with the rest of the league.
Kurt thomas should be traded by deadline.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy