[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

2011 Official UltimateKnicks ALBA Draft (DRAFT HAS STARTED) ***NSFW
Author Thread
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
7/15/2011  9:21 AM
Solace wrote:After doing more research, I realized I need more picks in this tournament. There are too many hot women. Haha!

With the 29th pick, in the Official UltimateKnicks 2011 Alba Draft, team Solace selects an absolute steal at this position: Marisa Miller.

Great choice - I was hoping she would fall to me in the second round but knew that was a long shot. She deserves to at least hit the final 4 this year.

I may have to look at trading up in this draft to get my last prospect - anyone want the #41 pick and next years OasisBU second round pick for a late first rounder?

"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
AUTOADVERT
firefly
Alba Posts: 17
Member: #721
United Kingdom
7/15/2011  11:56 AM
Now that we've gone NSFW, I feel that I should reintroduce my #9 pick.

Say hi to Rhian Sugden everybody.

Some men see things as they are and ask why. I dream things that never were and ask why not?
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
7/15/2011  5:19 PM
Holy ****, officially NSFW?? Didn't think I'd see the day.
Knicks_Fan
BlueSeats
Alba Posts: 41
Member: #1024

7/15/2011  5:25 PM
Isn't it wonderful?
scoshin
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #568
7/15/2011  5:30 PM
BlueSeats wrote:Isn't it wonderful?

It is. I may have to rethink my next selection and pick someone who looks even better naked.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
7/15/2011  5:50 PM
Uptown you are on the clock!
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
7/15/2011  5:57 PM
scoshin wrote:

It is. I may have to rethink my next selection and pick someone who looks even better naked.

+1000

Knicks_Fan
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/15/2011  6:40 PM
scoshin wrote:

hmmm, let's cap it at topless. Thanks

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
7/15/2011  6:57 PM
martin wrote:
scoshin wrote:

I think the tournament was better without nudity personally.

"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
7/15/2011  7:19 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/15/2011  7:20 PM
OasisBU wrote:
martin wrote:
scoshin wrote:

I kind of agree. Aren't we voting for the most beautiful woman, not the sluttiest?

NYKBocker
USA
7/16/2011  12:18 AM
NYKBocker wrote:Uptown you are on the clock!

Dude!

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

7/16/2011  3:14 AM
Solace wrote:
OasisBU wrote:
martin wrote:
scoshin wrote:

I kind of agree. Aren't we voting for the most beautiful woman, not the sluttiest?

I definitely agree

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

7/16/2011  10:29 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/16/2011  10:33 AM
With the 30th pick in the Alba draft, I select Rosa Acosta!!!!!!!!!!

BlueSeats
Alba Posts: 41
Member: #1024

7/16/2011  10:43 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:
Solace wrote:
OasisBU wrote:
martin wrote:
scoshin wrote:

I definitely agree

If you guys feel strongly enough about it, perhaps setup a poll and put it to a vote? At least now we know we can do this. Whether we want to or not is the next question.

My feeling is that if the majority share you're sentiments (and I suspect they do) it will be reflected in the drafts and the outcome of the competition, with or without censorship.

It's like in basketball. Perhaps you want your team to draft the most skillful players, not just the most athletic, but is that to say you want athletic guys banned from the draft?

In sum, allow me to pose a simple philosophical question. If you think a SI model is the most beautiful woman in the world and I think a Playboy Bunny (or other) is, should we not be able to pitch them against one another in competition for the majority to determine?

NYKBocker
USA
7/16/2011  1:46 PM
SupremeCommander you are on the clock!
Solace
USA
7/16/2011  4:05 PM
BlueSeats wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
Solace wrote:
OasisBU wrote:
martin wrote:
scoshin wrote:

I definitely agree

If you guys feel strongly enough about it, perhaps setup a poll and put it to a vote? At least now we know we can do this. Whether we want to or not is the next question.

My feeling is that if the majority share you're sentiments (and I suspect they do) it will be reflected in the drafts and the outcome of the competition, with or without censorship.

It's like in basketball. Perhaps you want your team to draft the most skillful players, not just the most athletic, but is that to say you want athletic guys banned from the draft?

In sum, allow me to pose a simple philosophical question. If you think a SI model is the most beautiful woman in the world and I think a Playboy Bunny (or other) is, should we not be able to pitch them against one another in competition for the majority to determine?

I don't think anyone wants anyone banned from the draft. It's just not an even competition if some of the ladies have naked pictures and some don't. As for what it takes to influence, I respectfully disagree with your opinion that certain styles of pictures won't have heavy influence on who wins. Many of the rounds last year had victories by just 1 or 2 votes. One person saying, "Oooh... boobs.... nipples" changes the result. Just my take, of course.

eViL
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #561
USA
7/16/2011  4:15 PM
just wanna ask: what's slutty about a naked woman? naked woman are beautiful. naked chick ****ing herself in her ass with the thick side of a beer bottle = slutty. a girl in a bikini is really just a few pieces of fabric away from being naked.
check out my latest hip hop project: https://soundcloud.com/michaelcro http://youtu.be/scNXshrpyZo
Solace
USA
7/16/2011  4:29 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/16/2011  4:31 PM
eViL wrote:just wanna ask: what's slutty about a naked woman? naked woman are beautiful. naked chick ****ing herself in her ass with the thick side of a beer bottle = slutty. a girl in a bikini is really just a few pieces of fabric away from being naked.

Depends on the style of picture of course. It probably was not the right way to phrase it. But if you open Pandora's box, this can degrade pretty quickly. We already saw one or two posts with inklings of possibly picking a different style of woman with the NSFW addition. It clearly has an impact. Anyway, my personal taste is to keep it just a tiny bit classier.

eViL
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #561
USA
7/16/2011  4:55 PM
Solace wrote:
eViL wrote:just wanna ask: what's slutty about a naked woman? naked woman are beautiful. naked chick ****ing herself in her ass with the thick side of a beer bottle = slutty. a girl in a bikini is really just a few pieces of fabric away from being naked.

Depends on the style of picture of course. It probably was not the right way to phrase it. But if you open Pandora's box, this can degrade pretty quickly. We already saw one or two posts with inklings of possibly picking a different style of woman with the NSFW addition. It clearly has an impact. Anyway, my personal taste is to keep it just a tiny bit classier.

i'm not sure if it's a different style of woman that guys are gonna be reconsidering. even with the previous restrictions the styles varied on the scale of classy to trampy. but i think one thing that is pretty obvious is that a woman who has been in SI or Maxim, or is otherwise really famous, has a decisive edge. why? not because she is inherently more beautiful, but because she is in more photographs (oftentimes of better quality) and/or she is more recognizable.

lifting the nudity restriction just bolsters the competition because, smut aside, there are a lot of hi-quality and tasteful nude photos of women out there. sure, they won't have the familiar faces of celebs or SI supermodels, or Victoria Secret girls, but the women will be beautiful in their own right and now able to compete with the quantity and quality of their non-nude counterparts.

so on one side, you have the girls with the familiarity edge. and on the other, you have girls who show a little more skin. if anything, this, to me, has leveled the playing field a bit. and really, it is only a little more skin. i'll be shocked if some girl with gape pics wins the competition.

check out my latest hip hop project: https://soundcloud.com/michaelcro http://youtu.be/scNXshrpyZo
Solace
USA
7/16/2011  5:51 PM
eViL wrote:
Solace wrote:

i'm not sure if it's a different style of woman that guys are gonna be reconsidering. even with the previous restrictions the styles varied on the scale of classy to trampy. but i think one thing that is pretty obvious is that a woman who has been in SI or Maxim, or is otherwise really famous, has a decisive edge. why? not because she is inherently more beautiful, but because she is in more photographs (oftentimes of better quality) and/or she is more recognizable.

lifting the nudity restriction just bolsters the competition because, smut aside, there are a lot of hi-quality and tasteful nude photos of women out there. sure, they won't have the familiar faces of celebs or SI supermodels, or Victoria Secret girls, but the women will be beautiful in their own right and now able to compete with the quantity and quality of their non-nude counterparts.

so on one side, you have the girls with the familiarity edge. and on the other, you have girls who show a little more skin. if anything, this, to me, has leveled the playing field a bit. and really, it is only a little more skin. i'll be shocked if some girl with gape pics wins the competition.

Different perspective, I suppose. Anyway, I think it's natural for people to choose celebrity or supermodels. The familiarity is part of the attractiveness, I guess.

2011 Official UltimateKnicks ALBA Draft (DRAFT HAS STARTED) ***NSFW

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy