Author Thread
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
2/10/2004  4:58 AM
Ahh, Okay...

True, TRU. Very true. Good post.

Yeah man, I'm a New Yorker too (BK). We don't mind having someone with an edge here. We gotta let the Sheed idea sit on the shelf till July 15th...
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
AUTOADVERT
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

2/10/2004  6:50 AM
Posted by tkf:

This is the type of deal that keeps teams losing for years. Why is atlanta trying to get under the cap? They are not getting Kobe and there is no premier FA out thers to sign. They got sheed who does not want to be here most likely and the Hawks have no intentions of keeping him. I thought having a franchise was about competing, SAR had value, he was talented and young, the hawks could have made this same package offer to another team for some good young players , and picks, I mean I would have offered the clipps, the same guys for Richardson, wilcox and jaric..... I don't get it, the hawks just gave away players..

what ever happened to wanting to compete and win!!!!

You live in ATL and don't even know why Atlanta let ratliff and rahim go . THEY WILL HAVE NEW OWNERS COMING IN TOWN THAT'S WHY THEY WON'T HAVE TO DEAL WITH BIG CONTRACTS WHEN THEY TAKE OVER THE TEAM.. Milwaukee Bucks did the same thing BY GETTING RID OF BIG DOG RAY ALLEN AND SAM CASSELL and they have a new team with new young talent that are playing excellent ball.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
2/10/2004  7:50 AM
Jeeze the Hawks got taken. They traded 2 all-stars for cap room and no picks or young guys? Yes Milwaukee traded away their core of stars, but at least they got some youth in return. Boy this is weird.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
2/10/2004  7:51 AM
I should have said "former all-stars"....but still younger serviceable players.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
jazz74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #371
2/10/2004  8:10 AM
well, look on the bright side. chemistry for our team during the rest of the year should'nt be an issue. yeah, we won't have a frontcourt player who will throw it down and run all the time but our team is still effective. we can wait until the offseason to improve athleticism and believe me, unlike layzie, thomas will do that. or maybe thomas has something else up his sleave before the deadline. is the deadline the 19th or the 26th of feb.?
Starks3
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #211
USA
2/10/2004  9:00 AM
19th
Cursed no more!!! Knicks are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/10/2004  9:02 AM
Nobody goes to hawks games, so if you can dump and rebuild, with a local Dwight howard, ala lebron, then you can create somthing. Atl is a bad sports town. Too much Corp. money buying tix, and no real passion about teams. Happens alot in transition cities. Lots of people from other places live in ATL.

Portland did a nice trade. A The GM said, its about having assets, and next year they will have nice tradable assets.

I forgot about the loading dock thing. HEy, at some price, every body is attractive, so for the MLE, Sheed will never kill us.

Its NYC, sure, lots of crazy dudes taking to themselves on the street. I can see a natty Sheed all nasty talking and preaching to himself up and down the streets in midtown. That big nasty spot on his head get bigger and bigger till it make you puke just looking at it. The smell of urine on his clothes, a chock full of nuts cup for change, and confection suger and other man crumbs on his shirt from his donuts and skin disorders. Then go out and pull a 20 and 10 at the garden.

Rashweed in NYC: Priceless.
bernard
Member: #475
2/10/2004  9:59 AM
Nalod, LOL about Weed and his chock-full-o-nuts change cup. End of the day, he's worth MLE -- you got to take some risks to improve, and MLE isn't such a huge gamble, but I'm glad we didn't give up KT for him. Still think it's even money whether he helps or hurts us if he ever comes.

I'm wondering if Portland's done dealin. IMO, they've got too much talent up front to keep everyone happy. Davis, SAR, Raitliff, Randolph all good enough to get real minutes. Maybe they'll want to move one of those guys. Clearly need another point guard.
CanadianKnicksFan
Member: #483
Canada
2/10/2004  5:51 PM
Hwaks srewed up big time,Salary dumping is only good if someone actually wants to sign their as a F/a.

Hawks couldn't catch a cold
No one will take their money

Jazz couldn't even get anyone
Pure Starks Love
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
2/10/2004  7:07 PM
Even if ownership were to change hands, What kind seats are they gonna fill?????......They just eliminated their seating draw.

This is probably the biggest slap to Hawks fans. IMO, this is what I call franchise sabatoge........dirty bird style.

After this trade, Atlanta Lemmings should be their new name

And you complain about Layden making bad trades
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

2/10/2004  7:21 PM
Posted by CanadianKnicksFan:

Hwaks srewed up big time,Salary dumping is only good if someone actually wants to sign their as a F/a.

Hawks couldn't catch a cold
No one will take their money

Jazz couldn't even get anyone

I really think that the hawks will draw free agents as soon as players see that management is foreal and dumping salaries is only for this season alone TO "TRULY REBUILD". Utah is not Atlanta when it comes to lifestyles so that comparison is bogus. I will wait and see if they will draw good players like Stephon Jackson away from good teams.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
Rasheed to Hawks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy