[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

ESPN Insider Today - Andrew et al
Author Thread
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
11/7/2001  2:27 PM
Andrew (and others),

any information regarding ESPN Insider's article today referencing the Knicks?
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/7/2001  4:37 PM
This is the text from Insider. No new news.

Wally World in New York? Wishful thinking

If the Knicks don't get their act together quickly, it's going to be a feeding frenzy in the New York media. Take that back, the feeding frenzy has already begun. Following a long New York tradition, writers posed a question to an unsuspecting player, and then worked it up into a big news story.

The question was to Wally Szczerbiak (the last few years it has been Terrell Brandon): Would you like to play for the Knicks? Szczerbiak, who is from Long Island, gave an honest answer. The tabloids took it from there.

"It would be great. I'm always going to be a New York guy, I'm always going to live in New York and make it my home," Szczerbiak said Tuesday. "But right now I'm living in Minnesota, enjoying myself tremendously here, obviously winning a lot of ballgames, and my career is doing very, very well. In the offseason I spend my summer on my boat on the North Shore. It would be nice, though."

That was all they needed. The New York Daily News' headline? "Island Paradise for Wally." The New York Post lead? "If Wally Szczerbiak is to be traded, he hopes it's to the Knicks."

Though Wally has been at the center of trade talks for over a year, the Wolves couldn't be happier with him since they shifted him from small forward to shooting guard. Wally is getting more touches and is burying his outside jumper. His tougher defense has moved him from novelty to Kevin Garnett's right-hand man. The tabs better go back to pining for Brandon.

To make matters worse, Nets guard Jason Kidd started talking about Gary Payton in a Knicks uniform. Though Payton seems to have calmed down in Seattle, Kidd knows where the Glove might be a good fit.

"He was in a touchy situation in Seattle because they were talking about maybe trading him," Kidd told the New York Daily News. "He wants to win a championship, I know that. I think New York would love him. I think that would be, as you can say, a perfect fit. 'The Glove' and New York City."
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
11/7/2001  4:48 PM
At least we least we are getting some fairly good news from the Insider.

Camby, Sprewell, and either Szczerbiak or Payton would make a great nucleus. Build around Sprewell and Camby and Houston unless we can find a good taker for him. We will be just fine.
Caseloads
Member: #41
11/7/2001  6:41 PM
Posted by Knixkik:

At least we least we are getting some fairly good news from the Insider.

Camby, Sprewell, and either Szczerbiak or Payton would make a great nucleus. Build around Sprewell and Camby and Houston unless we can find a good taker for him. We will be just fine.
I say tank this year, and build for the future. Unless we can win it all this year - which it's looking like we can't, as long as Shaq's in the L, and Houston plays no D, we might as well rebuild.
ESPN Insider Today - Andrew et al

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy