[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

who posted that the marbury trade would kill us?
Author Thread
MaseInYourFace
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #546
Canada
2/9/2004  5:31 PM
reveal yourself LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
Yes! - Marv Albert
AUTOADVERT
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

2/9/2004  5:39 PM
I DID ,myself and Briggs. It's not over yet some just don't understand how long a season is and what can occur in 2nd half of season. Right now Marbury is lookin VERY GOOD but I still believe a 100% healthy mcdyess with Frank at the pg would be a better team.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
2/9/2004  5:51 PM
LOL The only onse that Marbury trade will kill are those who'll end up choking on the putrid combination of Crow and their own feet!

I am so glad those responsible for saying that mess are owning up to it. It saves other postas the trouble of exposing their asses.

Now, even the Newbies know not to even acknowledge what supporters of the old regime think or say. The Knicks' continued success will only make appear more out of touch (with what real fans feel)and less deserving of attention as this season progresses.

Let them whine, like the little girls they are.
REAL Fans know what time it is. Whatever naysayers say is, and always should be MOOT.
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
playa2

2/9/2004  5:57 PM
Do you actually need a mob of postas to validate how you feel, or to express opinion?????
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/9/2004  6:09 PM
i did and i was wrong. its as simple as that. there is NO doubt in my mind that we still need some reconfiguration because we have to many jump shooters and slow feet on balance, but Marbury is playing at a level of a top 5-6 player right now unguardable and makes players better around him.

when i look at basketball teams, Im big on size i like size and athletiscm i believe teams should be built on anchor players but starbury has skills that put him in elite status
i think we couldve done a litle better in terms of the parameter of the deal but on face value for this franchise improved dramatically.

there is no such thing as a *hater*,that sounds like a childish term. there are fans who thought that a complete rebuild was in order to right the ship for long term gain. when your child does something wrong, you dont hate them for but rather try to help them correct the problem---marbury is a special player who i underestimated

but this team as a whole-like i said still is in need of reconfiguration especially to get away from all of the jumpshooting.

i still would like to move in rodneywhite somehow==perhaps for doleac
and certainly hold off on signing kt so we can see options after the season.
RIP Crushalot😞
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
2/9/2004  6:26 PM
Posted by playa2:

I DID ,myself and Briggs. It's not over yet some just don't understand how long a season is and what can occur in 2nd half of season. Right now Marbury is lookin VERY GOOD but I still believe a 100% healthy mcdyess with Frank at the pg would be a better team.

I dunno if ur right or not, but dice wont be at 100% for a very long time, if ever.
Caseloads
Member: #41
2/9/2004  7:01 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

i did and i was wrong. its as simple as that. there is NO doubt in my mind that we still need some reconfiguration because we have to many jump shooters and slow feet on balance, but Marbury is playing at a level of a top 5-6 player right now unguardable and makes players better around him.

when i look at basketball teams, Im big on size i like size and athletiscm i believe teams should be built on anchor players but starbury has skills that put him in elite status
i think we couldve done a litle better in terms of the parameter of the deal but on face value for this franchise improved dramatically.

there is no such thing as a *hater*,that sounds like a childish term. there are fans who thought that a complete rebuild was in order to right the ship for long term gain. when your child does something wrong, you dont hate them for but rather try to help them correct the problem---marbury is a special player who i underestimated

but this team as a whole-like i said still is in need of reconfiguration especially to get away from all of the jumpshooting.

every other place marbury has ever been, he was hot for about 2 seasons and then crashed and burned. Lets see what happens here. It's been less than 20 games. Lets see what happens in the long run. In the short run, Marbury has been phenomenal.
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
2/9/2004  7:02 PM
Briggs- good post. I admire you being man enough to admit that you may have been wrong about the Starbury deal. Also appreciated is the supporting opinion about the team not being complete yet. I agree with that point totally.

At least you stated your reasoning behind your opinion, which is much more than I can say for some who only downed the deal because they are LayDown fans who are praying for the Isiah-Lenny regime's downfall (U Know Who U R). I use that term in the present tense because they continue to do it. They are haters. They hate for real Knicks fans to be happy. Their humorous banter is just that, to those of us who know better. When I say WE, I am referring to those who KNEW that LayDown and Chaney HAD to go.

Those haters are nothing but insects to me...
Mere roaches, so insignificant that they only end up crushed, their putrid entrails stucking to the bottom of my Tims as I keep it movin' ROOTIN FOR MY KNICKS!

Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
2/9/2004  9:20 PM
Briggs: I appreciate your opinoins, and I also wanted a complete rebuild, but that was only because we didn't have that franchise player, now we do, and he is a young franchise player, so the key is to rebuild around him. Don't listen to playa and his foolishness with keeping Mcdeyse who was done, and wanting to have Frankie over Steph, how can anyone take those foolish thoughts seriously? The knicks did the right thing, there was no guarantee that even with a complete rebuild you get a player as good as steph or a team as good as the one we have now. Had we not been able to get a player like steph, then I could see rebuild, but not now. We are rebuilding tho, but we are doing it on the fly with a star player...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Rich
Member: #511
USA
2/9/2004  10:13 PM
Posted by playa2:

Do you live in a fantasy world. The days of McDyess at 100% is a thing of the past.

MaseInYourFace
Member: #546
Canada
2/9/2004  10:13 PM
yea mycdyess is done, and williams is pretty good. how does that even come close to starbury?he's single handedly made this teams a playoff team.
Posted by tkf:

Briggs: I appreciate your opinoins, and I also wanted a complete rebuild, but that was only because we didn't have that franchise player, now we do, and he is a young franchise player, so the key is to rebuild around him. Don't listen to playa and his foolishness with keeping Mcdeyse who was done, and wanting to have Frankie over Steph, how can anyone take those foolish thoughts seriously? The knicks did the right thing, there was no guarantee that even with a complete rebuild you get a player as good as steph or a team as good as the one we have now. Had we not been able to get a player like steph, then I could see rebuild, but not now. We are rebuilding tho, but we are doing it on the fly with a star player...
Yes! - Marv Albert
Rich
Member: #511
USA
2/9/2004  10:16 PM
Posted by Caseloads:
Posted by BRIGGS:

every other place marbury has ever been, he was hot for about 2 seasons and then crashed and burned. Lets see what happens here. It's been less than 20 games. Lets see what happens in the long run. In the short run, Marbury has been phenomenal.

That's the point. A trade can't be assessed for three or four years. To call it was a terrible trade, at the the time it was made, was just as ridiculous as saying it was a great trade. It looks very good now, but the final assessment can't be made yet.
NYK8
Member: #320
USA
2/9/2004  10:18 PM
Hahaaaa McDyess 100% NOT where he at now,the whole yr would have been like this so im glad to see him part of the trade.i did wish it was the other way around but i was not happy with his performance.Williams ova Starbury NEVA point blank.Trade Approved!
!!!Knicks!!!
spreeeewell
Member: #436
2/10/2004  10:59 AM
Since the very first time that I started posting here and till this day I havent yet read anything possitive coming from (playa)...How in the world if your are a true basketball and N.Y.K. fan not be happy with turn around that our team has made? YO! im a hardcore knicks fan and it hurt to wacth scott layden,james dolan and don chaney destroy this team and not able to do anything about it...
I'd rather die on my feet, than live on my knees!
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/10/2004  12:28 PM
I might be along with Briggs whom wished for a rebuild and rooted for Laydog to do it.

Lets face it, we all wished Laydog would have done a better job. Since his firing by all accounts was unlikely, it seemed better to understand and wish for a different philosophy to be implimented.

I will restate my position. Laydog lost his credabilty to pull off a great trade and I really was shocked Dolan would fire Laydog before chaney.

I Warmed up to the trade inside a week (previously stated) and wish that the team get complete with futher moves. This is similar to Briggs thinking, which I agree with. I thought we gave up too much, and the team was too slow to play with Marbury. The team is playing better with different coaching and rotation. I also long said this team should have been playing better, and every player need not be traded for that to happen.

Don't confuse my being critical with HOW Thomas goes about his buisness. He still needs to learn some things on the management side and communication organization. But that does not take away the excitement and chemistry that Marbury can bring and develope. All previously stated. Isiah can improve in some areas, and I do hope he does. The good gm's like Walsh and West not just build great teams, but rebuild them a few times to get the labels. I hope Isiah can stay around for a while and succeed more than once.

Laydog made some incomplete moves as did checketts and Ernie and so long as we have our interior set next season, I'll be happy. If the team fails to make the playoffs, and Phoenix gets a big lotto pick, then I would deem the trade a disaster. Seems unlikely, but when lenny installed his system, we lost 3 of 4 after the original buzz.

Lampe and Milos we won't know for a few years what they will develope into. In fairness, this team could be back in decline in 3-4 years. It depends on what we did in between to fairly justify the price we paid.

From a buisiness side, the garden is buzzing, and the boss must be happy.

Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
2/10/2004  12:31 PM
You have to look at the trade in this way to understand how I feel about it.

We traded possibilities
Milos being an impact player
Lampe Developing into something special
Dice returning to 100%

For a proven All-Star who WANTED to play for us in
Starbury.
And we got a solid veteran who can play 3 positions.

We traded possibilities for definites. You can't be mad at that. We have a bonafide superstar in Steph who is young and has not peaked. How often to you get the chance to acquire that?

Even if all of those other players pan out to be good, this was a good trade because we got something that was not really a risk in Steph. His career averages of 20 and 8 are hall of fame numbers.

I don't even get the controversy. H20 isn't even back yet, our team is about to be so deep its ridiculous. We are only missing one piece at this point and that is a low post presence. If we get that, we are contenders for the title!!!1
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
2/10/2004  12:34 PM
Posted by LJStillGrandmama:
Posted by playa2:

Do you not realize Mcdyess will never be 100% again? The Knicks would have waited the whole season for nothing.

Not only that but his contract expires the end of this season.
In fact, that would have been the ONLY reason to keep him.
playa2

2/10/2004  1:55 PM
He won't ever be 100% but the season is not even over yet, matter of fact not even half way yet. GIVE HIM A LIL TIME TO IMPROVE, HE WAS SHOWING A LIL PROMISE FOR A GUY BEING GONE FOR 2YRS
Caseloads
Member: #41
2/10/2004  2:14 PM
"playa hataz" - rofl!
LJ2
Member: #239
USA
2/10/2004  2:18 PM
Nice post...that basically sums up the trade-possibilities for definites. It really doesn't matter if the guys we traded pan out or not; right now, Steph is a top 15 player in the NBA.

Posted by Killa4luv:

We traded possibilities for definites. You can't be mad at that. We have a bonafide superstar in Steph who is young and has not peaked. How often to you get the chance to acquire that?

Even if all of those other players pan out to be good, this was a good trade because we got something that was not really a risk in Steph. His career averages of 20 and 8 are hall of fame numbers.

I don't even get the controversy. H20 isn't even back yet, our team is about to be so deep its ridiculous. We are only missing one piece at this point and that is a low post presence. If we get that, we are contenders for the title!!!1
who posted that the marbury trade would kill us?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy