[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: Sawx in the celler, them Beans looking old, Time for SSOL and let them be to told.......
Author Thread
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
4/18/2011  10:05 AM
martin wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:Great effort buy our guys. Throat really impressed with his D and some nice inside buckets. All the offensive rebounds really killed us. Even when they didn't score it throws the team off their rhythm and tires them out. Despite we almost won. Gotta be worried about how we stalled when Boston turned up the D but stat was looking like early season stat.

My autocorrect made turiaf into throat. Lol.

haha that was funny, i was trying to figure out who you were referring to.

i'm loving it. turiaf is now to be known as throat.

AUTOADVERT
Gymkata
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3169

4/18/2011  10:13 AM
Okay boys. Here's my take after a thrilling but eventually gut-kicking game:

We very nearly bumped off the reigning Eastern Conference champs with only one of our big three guys playing well, zero production from Fields, a miracle showing from the reanimated corpse of JO and the refs shockingly inconsistent calls (I can live with Ray Allen hitting a late three, but if you're going to call Melo for an O-foul with 20 seconds left in a playoff game, you call KG for something more blatant).

Still--we had those guys. Had them. Ugh, pass the antacid.

"I can not say all the secrets."
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
4/18/2011  10:24 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/18/2011  10:28 AM
nixluva wrote:
BlueSeats wrote:
nixluva wrote:
BlueSeats wrote:
nixluva wrote:these refs have to get it together and stop allowing the C's to get away with murder, tho I don't expect to get a better whistle. Knicks just have to play thru the bogus calls and no calls. This loss doesn't really bother me. I think the Knicks know now that they really can beat this team. We didn't get a typical Melo game and I expect that we'll see that. The GREAT NEWS was STAT looked great!!!!

We need to speed things up just a bit and get into the paint more on the C's. I think that will happen. The C's don't have a lot of shot creators and they're not a great shooting team outside of Allen, KG and Pierce. If you play up on those guys you can hold them down. I thought overall the way we played Rondo was pretty good. We just need to get our offense fixed just a bit and I think we can beat the C's.

Of course the other side of the coin is the Celtics know they can beat us by only playing hard for half the game, and could theoretically crush us if they played well start to finish.

Celtics were playing hard all game. They just can't go that hard for 48. You're giving them too much credit. We got an off 2nd half from Melo, STAT was still killing in the 4th qtr so it's not like the C's D was so much better. We just have to do a better job with shot selection. More drive and less jumper is going to be a big key. C's can't handle our best offensive players. I want to see the Knicks pick up the pace more too, cuz that was more of a C's pace.

The one thing we miss from not having Felton is the end to end speed and pushing the ball regularly. Not to mention that he was the best we had to run PnR.

You didn't notice their increased defensive intensity in the second half? It was no coincidence our offense was surging in the second quarter and halted in the second half.

The C's picked up their intensity but IMO that really wasn't the reason we missed some wide open shots, some from point blank range and more over we didn't run the right plays many times. They still couldn't stop STAT and Melo stopped himself. Not to mention that the ref's let the C's get away with murder. I hope they say something to the refs about how Jermaine O'Neal always puts his hand on the shoulder of the guys he's going after to block his shot. He held STAT on the shoulder on a couple of his shots.

I don't believe the C's can play hard on D for 48 minutes anymore. We have to take advantage of that next time and go hard at them a bit more by driving the ball. We let them off the hook when we just jack up jumpers.

Ya think? BTW, who's ultimately responsible for having the right plays called again?

Also, the C's didn't play better defense? Hmmm, Melo stopped himself? Didn't he Melo get blocked on two straight shots? I suppose that was his own hand blocking his shots?
Didn't J O'Neal play some bad ass defense of the rim in the second half? I don't know what you were watching, but that's what I saw.

GodSaveTheKnicks
Alba Posts: 21
Member: #1207
USA
4/18/2011  11:01 AM
got out-rebounded by 10. we still win the game with some consistent officiating.
Let's try to elevate the level of discourse in this byeetch. Please
Olbrannon
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #2919
USA
4/18/2011  11:07 AM
How the hells does J O'Neal get away with holding Stat down with his hand on his shoulder all game. Stat took a lot of abuse and still made the plays. Big ups to him for the constant motor in the worst of conditions
Bill Simmons on Tyreke Evans "The prototypical 0-guard: Someone who handles the ball all the time, looks for his own shot, gets to the rim at will and operates best if his teammates spread the floor to watch him."
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
4/18/2011  11:56 AM
orangeblobman wrote:toney douglas had that boss move step back trey, but i was like "wtf is he doing shooting a step back trey??".

damn.

I saw that and wondered how Chauncey taught Toney clutch. And also how he taught him to have marbles...

~You can't run from who you are.~
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
4/18/2011  3:30 PM
Someone told me that Delonte West ran on the court and chest bumped Ray Allen after he made the three even though no timeout was called. Should've been a tech for someone from the bench leaving the court. Is that true? I didn't notice it when watching yest.
BlueSeats
Alba Posts: 41
Member: #1024

4/18/2011  10:06 PM
Marv wrote:
martin wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:Great effort buy our guys. Throat really impressed with his D and some nice inside buckets. All the offensive rebounds really killed us. Even when they didn't score it throws the team off their rhythm and tires them out. Despite we almost won. Gotta be worried about how we stalled when Boston turned up the D but stat was looking like early season stat.

My autocorrect made turiaf into throat. Lol.

haha that was funny, i was trying to figure out who you were referring to.

i'm loving it. turiaf is now to be known as throat.

My spellchecker turned Billups into Upchucks.

Game Thread: Sawx in the celler, them Beans looking old, Time for SSOL and let them be to told.......

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy