[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: Sawx in the celler, them Beans looking old, Time for SSOL and let them be to told.......
Author Thread
matt
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #487
USA
4/17/2011  11:37 PM
We can beat these guys.. Celtics were lucky to steal this one.. Game 2 is a knick win
AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
4/17/2011  11:38 PM
We would crush teams if we had a real versatile PG. It really hurts that we can't get consistent PnR cuz our PG's can't get it going. We can't get enough drive and kick either. Still I feel just as confident as I did before the series started. I don't think the C's are gonna be able to hold us down offensively for the rest of the series. We got thru this game and almost got it and now they can play without the nerves of their 1st playoff game.
Paladin55
Member: #2098

4/17/2011  11:51 PM
Olbrannon wrote:
FoeDiddy wrote:
MinsHeartsReezy wrote:
FoeDiddy wrote:
DJMUSIC wrote:On the Toney Douglass "Tripping" fiasco that the doe-doe fool references gift wrapped to Celtics for freeing Ray Allen
uncontested winning shot.

Check out this you tube play and realize why Kevin Garnett is good but DIRTY player whom all things goes well for the old and green

KGarneet "Dirty trip" Of Toney Douglass: GAME 1 Celtics 87 Knicks 85 loss

*Later
Gotta a plane to catch out of USA
The DJ

This Clip just makes me feel disgusted..Honestly I wouldn't expect this call. But if you don't call this you don't call the Melo Offensive Foul for same reason..it's the damn playoffs. I blame Toney for this..Derek Fisher would not fall on a play like this..You just can fall. Same reason I hate Greg Anthony for that Reggie Miller 7 point run..although he got pushed in the back you just can't fall.

I understand your frustration but when some one clearly intentionally puts their leg into your knee while you're running and then pushes you with his elbow and body, a much bigger body at that, you don't have much choice in the matter of whether you fall or not. Gravity isn't a choice, dirty play however, very much is. Disgusting is right. TD's lucky he didn't get hurt on the play.

LOL..yeah pretty dirty and blatant trip and push with extension. NBA refs stink so bad sometimes.

Trip hell that's a takedown.

Lucky TD did not get injured. That is the type of "pick" that put out Billups for some games.

No man is happy without a delusion of some kind. Delusions are as necessary to our happiness as realities- C.N. Bovee
Paladin55
Member: #2098

4/17/2011  11:58 PM
matt wrote:We can beat these guys.. Celtics were lucky to steal this one.. Game 2 is a knick win

Don't know about Game 2, but...

this was our game to steal... it was in our hands. Now we have a less than 100% Billups to worry about.

Too much 1/1. Worked for Amare, did not work for Anthony, who chose the wrong time to have this kind of game.

No man is happy without a delusion of some kind. Delusions are as necessary to our happiness as realities- C.N. Bovee
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

4/18/2011  12:02 AM
Paladin55 wrote:
matt wrote:We can beat these guys.. Celtics were lucky to steal this one.. Game 2 is a knick win

Don't know about Game 2, but...

this was our game to steal... it was in our hands. Now we have a less than 100% Billups to worry about.

Too much 1/1. Worked for Amare, did not work for Anthony, who chose the wrong time to have this kind of game.

I'm actually less confident moving forward. When you are playing on the road in the playoffs and you put yourself in position to steal one, you absolutely have to win the game. Road wins in the playoffs are hard to come by. We blew it with this one. Might not get another chance.

nixluva
USA
4/18/2011  12:04 AM
these refs have to get it together and stop allowing the C's to get away with murder, tho I don't expect to get a better whistle. Knicks just have to play thru the bogus calls and no calls. This loss doesn't really bother me. I think the Knicks know now that they really can beat this team. We didn't get a typical Melo game and I expect that we'll see that. The GREAT NEWS was STAT looked great!!!!

We need to speed things up just a bit and get into the paint more on the C's. I think that will happen. The C's don't have a lot of shot creators and they're not a great shooting team outside of Allen, KG and Pierce. If you play up on those guys you can hold them down. I thought overall the way we played Rondo was pretty good. We just need to get our offense fixed just a bit and I think we can beat the C's.

Childs2Dudley
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #3051
USA
4/18/2011  12:13 AM
What can I say?

The refs were awful and some of the shot selection (especially by Carmelo Anthony) was eyebrow-raising to say the least.

The offensive foul call at the end..the refs and Stern have destroyed the NBA. I don't really want to comment on such a ****ty, rigged call. The ref is looking directly at the play and he sees what is going on and instead of a no-call he calls an offensive foul. Just another example of why the NBA has the worst referees of any sport in the world.

What was that shot by Carmelo Anthony at the end? Double teamed and heaving a 3-pointer with 8 seconds left? Pass the ball or drive it. What are you doing? And what's with the 3's? Is D'Antoni going to reign this guy in? Does he think he's Glen Rice all of a sudden? This is not his game. He needs to stop taking so many damn 3's. His Knick playoff debut left a lot to be desired.

Amar'e Stoudemire did everything that was asked of him. What a great game by him. The true leader of the team and team MVP. This guy went out there and actually attempted to play defense, rebound and dominated the Celtics on offense. Some of his plays tonight were "play of the year" material. You couldn't have asked for a better Knick playoff debut from this man.

Jared Jeffries must give Mike some good head on the airplane because there is no other reason why he still plays. The man is useless, bloody useless. His defense is ridiculously overrated and today he's wide open on a pick and roll and the ball goes right through his awful hands and out of bounds. Why does he still play? He can't even rebound and we were getting killed on the offensive glass. Play Shelden Williams. PLAY SHELDEN WILLIAMS. For the love of God, man. Jared Jeffries is not an NBA Player.

Chauncey Billups wasn't really doing much. His shot was off...and now he's injured. I sincerely hope it's nothing serious. This seems to be becoming a trend with this guy. With his advancing age we may be seeing him on the bench injured more often than not. It's sad because he can help us. I would have felt way more comfortable with a 3-11 Billups taking the last shot rather than Carmelo Anthony. At least Billups is a 3-point marksman. Carmelo shot the 3 well for 10 games and thinks he is Steve Kerr's nephew.

Anthony Carter was solid as always tonight, Toney Douglas was OK, Bill Walker was decent and everyone else was forgettable.

This is the type of loss that kills a teams' spirit. I don't know how we will react after this game. If they take it to heart like I - and many others still are - then they lose Tuesday and lose the entire series. That's how big of a game it is. Not everyone can take a kick in the nuts loss, especially when you are the underdog. I hope they come out and recover from this painful loss because they are not winning the series if they leave Boston down 2-0.

"Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us." - Earl Nightingale
Childs2Dudley
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #3051
USA
4/18/2011  12:17 AM
And Turiaf played well too. I forgot him.
"Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us." - Earl Nightingale
BlueSeats
Alba Posts: 41
Member: #1024

4/18/2011  12:25 AM
nixluva wrote:these refs have to get it together and stop allowing the C's to get away with murder, tho I don't expect to get a better whistle. Knicks just have to play thru the bogus calls and no calls. This loss doesn't really bother me. I think the Knicks know now that they really can beat this team. We didn't get a typical Melo game and I expect that we'll see that. The GREAT NEWS was STAT looked great!!!!

We need to speed things up just a bit and get into the paint more on the C's. I think that will happen. The C's don't have a lot of shot creators and they're not a great shooting team outside of Allen, KG and Pierce. If you play up on those guys you can hold them down. I thought overall the way we played Rondo was pretty good. We just need to get our offense fixed just a bit and I think we can beat the C's.

Of course the other side of the coin is the Celtics know they can beat us by only playing hard for half the game, and could theoretically crush us if they played well start to finish.

nixluva
USA
4/18/2011  12:29 AM
Childs2Dudley wrote:This is the type of loss that kills a teams' spirit. I don't know how we will react after this game. If they take it to heart like I - and many others still are - then they lose Tuesday and lose the entire series. That's how big of a game it is. Not everyone can take a kick in the nuts loss, especially when you are the underdog. I hope they come out and recover from this painful loss because they are not winning the series if they leave Boston down 2-0.

Great overall post I agree with most of what you said. I do however think that this game won't be traumatic for this team. I think they are too confident a group. STAT knows they can't stop him. Melo will be angry with himself about how he played and I expect that he'll go hard in the next games. This game did a lot in that they got it out of their system. Now the guys on the Knicks can let it go a bit more. I feel they didn't really go at the C's as hard as they could on offense. They kind of let them off the hook by taking so many jumpers rather than driving more.

Expect the Knicks to get a much better effort from Melo. STAT looking spry and throwing it down was a great sign. The only ? is how bad is Billups? If he can't play I don't think it will kill us, cuz we can slide AC in there and a little bit of Mason. So long as Melo has a much better game we should be OK.

nixluva
USA
4/18/2011  12:34 AM
BlueSeats wrote:
nixluva wrote:these refs have to get it together and stop allowing the C's to get away with murder, tho I don't expect to get a better whistle. Knicks just have to play thru the bogus calls and no calls. This loss doesn't really bother me. I think the Knicks know now that they really can beat this team. We didn't get a typical Melo game and I expect that we'll see that. The GREAT NEWS was STAT looked great!!!!

Of course the other side of the coin is the Celtics know they can beat us by only playing hard for half the game, and could theoretically crush us if they played well start to finish.

Celtics were playing hard all game. They just can't go that hard for 48. You're giving them too much credit. We got an off 2nd half from Melo, STAT was still killing in the 4th qtr so it's not like the C's D was so much better. We just have to do a better job with shot selection. More drive and less jumper is going to be a big key. C's can't handle our best offensive players. I want to see the Knicks pick up the pace more too, cuz that was more of a C's pace.

The one thing we miss from not having Felton is the end to end speed and pushing the ball regularly. Not to mention that he was the best we had to run PnR.

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
4/18/2011  12:39 AM
martin wrote:
BlueSeats wrote:The Celtics close us off at the perimeter, close passing lanes, etc. We've got to use screens and PnR to free guys up. Too many quick 3s and Iso's. We gotta up the physicality and be the ones laying dudes out.

one of the biggest weaknesses of the Knicks, IMHO, is that their PG don't and can't break down a defense by dribble penetration. Chauncy too old and TD just doesn't know how to yet. Same reason they start their offense way out on perimeter and do too many iso's

Agree completely. My friends and I were discussing how much Raymond Felton is missed. I think he's the biggest missing piece from the trade. Imagine if we'd somehow held Ray and Billups out of the trade?

Felton would be a perfect PG for this team. His ability to penetrate, even with those little floaters, is greatly missed.

¿ △ ?
eViL
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #561
USA
4/18/2011  12:39 AM
that one sure did hurt, didn't it, friends. so which route are we taking:

1. that game was the one we could steal. we missed our opportunity.

OR

2. that game barely scratched the surface. if melo and billups don't **** the bed, we win it in a laugher. plus, the refs jobbed us. karma will restore balance.

i mean, can you believe the knicks played a ball-control, half-court, defensive game -- totally playing to the celts strength -- and they still had the game in hand if not for two bogus fouls?? also, how defiant of our guys to deny D'Antoni's pleas to not play defense. haha :p

check out my latest hip hop project: https://soundcloud.com/michaelcro http://youtu.be/scNXshrpyZo
BlueSeats
Alba Posts: 41
Member: #1024

4/18/2011  12:42 AM
nixluva wrote:
BlueSeats wrote:

Celtics were playing hard all game. They just can't go that hard for 48. You're giving them too much credit. We got an off 2nd half from Melo, STAT was still killing in the 4th qtr so it's not like the C's D was so much better. We just have to do a better job with shot selection. More drive and less jumper is going to be a big key. C's can't handle our best offensive players. I want to see the Knicks pick up the pace more too, cuz that was more of a C's pace.

The one thing we miss from not having Felton is the end to end speed and pushing the ball regularly. Not to mention that he was the best we had to run PnR.

You didn't notice their increased defensive intensity in the second half? It was no coincidence our offense was surging in the second quarter and halted in the second half.

matt
Member: #487
USA
4/18/2011  12:44 AM
eViL wrote:that one sure did hurt, didn't it, friends. so which route are we taking:

OR

2. that game barely scratched the surface. if melo and billups don't **** the bed, we win it in a laugher. plus, the refs jobbed us. karma will restore balance.

i mean, can you believe the knicks played a ball-control, half-court, defensive game -- totally playing to the celts strength -- and they still had the game in hand if not for two bogus fouls?? also, how defiant of our guys to deny D'Antoni's pleas to not play defense. haha :p

#2 sounds good to me. Really, the Celtics looked like they did for the last half of the season, and the Knicks top guns, aside from Amare who had no trouble beasting on anyone they threw at him, didn't play so well.

So, despite the tough tough loss, things aren't that bad. We can definitely win Tuesday

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
4/18/2011  12:46 AM
The Refs jobbed us, but I have a feeling we will be saying that again in this series.
¿ △ ?
Mray20
Member: #3138

4/18/2011  12:57 AM
I said it since he got here , Melo is not getting superstar calls and I don't know why . Pierce held him and Melo tried to free himself , that was a horrible call to make with 30 seconds left in a playoff game. I really hope not only the Knicks win the next game but Melo drops 50!
No layups!
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
4/18/2011  12:59 AM
While this was probably a great candidate for a game we could steal... there's no reason to believe the Knicks can't be very competitive in this series.

Rondo can be neutralized (the guy can't hit the backside of a barn on a jumper!), KG isn't the scorer he once was, and I'd like to think Carmelo and Pierce can and will neutralize each other over the course of a series.

I don't think the Celtics really have an answer for Amare.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
MaTT4281
Member: #538
USA
4/18/2011  12:59 AM
eViL wrote:that one sure did hurt, didn't it, friends. so which route are we taking:

OR

Man, I'm not throwing in the towel on this year at all, but this team can be flat out scary next season. Add a few more pieces and build up the chemistry...how many games you think Melo is going to dog it this series? My guess is not many more.

DrAlphaeus
Alba Posts: 10
Member: #1781

4/18/2011  1:01 AM
Baba Booey 2016 — "It's Silly Season"
Game Thread: Sawx in the celler, them Beans looking old, Time for SSOL and let them be to told.......

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy