[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

A Game of Thrones - HBO - Best Novels Ever
Author Thread
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
4/23/2012  9:18 PM
So how freaky was that Melisandre birth scene?

I have to say, Joffrey is one evil SOB....kid who is playing him is doing a great job.

AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/23/2012  11:39 PM
VDesai wrote:So how freaky was that Melisandre birth scene?

I have to say, Joffrey is one evil SOB....kid who is playing him is doing a great job.

Yeah, the scene with the mace and the whores made me a little uncomfortable. I though they were going to go in another direction the minute Joffrey picked it up.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
yellowboy90
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3538

4/24/2012  5:47 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:I just do not like the bulid and look of renly based of that he was supposed to look like howRobert used to look when he was younger. Basically he should look like an older Renly. I do not mind the changes at all. I know some fans have problem with Asha/Yara but I do not. Another thing I had a problem with was the Fort scene, I wish it was longer and a bigger battle. I just can't wait for the Ghost of Harrenhal.

The opening scene for episode 4 had me LMFAO! "Loras Tyrell? He's prettier than the queen....How good can he be? He's been stabbing Renly Baratheon for year and he ain't dead."

That had me rolling too. Also the imp scene with his cousin was great.

Markji
Alba Posts: -4
Member: #1673
USA
4/25/2012  7:59 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/25/2012  8:03 AM
VDesai wrote:So how freaky was that Melisandre birth scene?

I finally watched episode 4. Wow - they make Joffrey even worse than he is in the books. And I agree, the young actor is doing a great job.

Melisandre is a really interesting character. She plays with the concept of good and evil which is really George RR Martin's ideas. In interviews he talks about how he dislikes the stereotype of the good guy wearing a white hat; bad guy dressed in black; etc. And so his characters in his books and the HBO series are hard to figure out. Nobody is all good or all evil. (except maybe Joffrey).

Is Melisandre good or evil? She states that she is good. Yet giving birth to that shadowy creature doesn't look good to me. And then she turns around the idea that one normally would have that shadows are bad, to the idea that the brightest light casts the darkest shadow. So the fact that she created this very dark shadowy creature means she is a very very good, bright Light. And Light is all good. So she is all good. Whew! Stay away from her! (altho she does look great.).

Also, Ser Davos, the Onion Knight and former smuggler, states that he has some good and some bad in him. A normal priest/priestess would say yes, all men have that and now enhance the good. Melisandre turns that around and states that a man is either good or evil. If you have an onion that is half rotten, it means that you have a rotten onion.

Yellowboy - I agree with you regarding Tyrion's scene with his cousin. Great. That in itself, might have won him another Emmy award.

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense. Tom Clancy - author
BigDaddyG

4/26/2012  1:03 AM
One thing I was also happy about is that the "Brotherhood Without Banner" got it's first mention. I hope this means that the writers are going to move quickly with Aryas storyline.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
VDesai
USA
4/30/2012  11:07 PM
They are changing the details of some of the plotlines- you are seeing Littlefinger's character fleshed out more, even Tywin Lannister. It certainly makes sense - it fills holes that are ok when you have a novel and can write in extensive detail, but with TV you need to let the viewer in more. I think this season has been good, but I wonder if a viewer who hasn't read the novels is watching and wondering, holy crap, there's a whole lot of storylines going on here...
BigDaddyG

5/1/2012  11:24 PM
VDesai wrote:They are changing the details of some of the plotlines- you are seeing Littlefinger's character fleshed out more, even Tywin Lannister. It certainly makes sense - it fills holes that are ok when you have a novel and can write in extensive detail, but with TV you need to let the viewer in more. I think this season has been good, but I wonder if a viewer who hasn't read the novels is watching and wondering, holy crap, there's a whole lot of storylines going on here...

Yeah. Also Loras goes crazy and kills mad dudes when he hears of Renly's death. I was kind off hoping to see that so there would at least be some hint that Loras is an accomplished swordsman. It's also hinted that Maergery's grandmother did a lot of the plotting with Littlefinger. The change that really bothers me is the absence of the Reed kids. Osha is taking up all their lines in the television show. I'm looking forward to Quorin Halfhand catching wreck in the next few episodes tho.

VDesai
USA
5/2/2012  10:37 PM
If they replaced the Reeds with Osha- that's a big mistake I think. In the novels we hear a lot about Howland Reed....we haven't met him but we know he's going to be important somehow. How are they going to ever get to that if they don't have Meera and Jojen? That's the most confusing part to me so far. Do we know for sure that we won't be seeing the Reeds?
yellowboy90

5/6/2012  11:26 AM
VDesai wrote:If they replaced the Reeds with Osha- that's a big mistake I think. In the novels we hear a lot about Howland Reed....we haven't met him but we know he's going to be important somehow. How are they going to ever get to that if they don't have Meera and Jojen? That's the most confusing part to me so far. Do we know for sure that we won't be seeing the Reeds?

I bet they will introduce them when he tries to go meet the three eyed crow. That's the only thing I can think of because someone has to take Rickon to Skaggos? Island and Osha is probably the only crazy enough to do that. So maybe they meet up somewhere along the way.

BigDaddyG

5/11/2012  1:59 AM
It looks like Roose's bastard is about to make an appearance this season or season three. I'm glad the series is progressing. But I feel the television series lacks context when it comes to certain characters. I wonder if people who haven't read the book are going to be able see the special relationship of love, respect and admiration that exists between House Stark and House Bolton.
BigDaddyG

5/13/2012  11:58 PM
Jaime Lannister was awesome this week. I hope to see body some dudes before the season ends. This season is sorely in need of some action scene and I'm not sure what scale the Stannis battle will have on the small screen. That's assuming that the battle even makes it to this season.
yellowboy90

5/14/2012  4:06 AM
Where the heck is Ghost? Why is he not with Jon?
BigDaddyG

5/14/2012  8:04 AM
yellowboy90 wrote:Where the heck is Ghost? Why is he not with Jon?

Ghost was trying his best not to block on Jon. Still didn't work....

VDesai
USA
5/14/2012  10:19 AM
Roose has been looming in the background, but its unclear what role he is going to play. They've already taken a great deal out of his character by replacing him with Tywin @ Harrenhall. We got a chance to see the Karstarks this week which was good.

I agree Jaime was pretty bad-ass this week. We hadn't seen a lot of Nikolaj Coster-Waldau yet but its good to see he has the chops to play the role.

I think we haven't seen a lot of the direwolves because they are too expensive to film. At this point, the direwolves should be a point of focus, but they've been relatively invisible except for one or two episodes.

Also I thought Ramsay was coming but they're already having Theon do a bunch of stuff on his own. Where's REEK?

VDesai
USA
5/21/2012  1:44 PM
Battle of the Blackwater next week!
BigDaddyG

5/22/2012  12:27 PM
VDesai wrote:Battle of the Blackwater next week!

I'm hyped! It looks like all those low budget battle scenes we had to endure this season are going to pay off.
jusnice
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #2931
USA
5/23/2012  12:17 PM
Seriously, slow and plodding is how I would characterize this season..sort of like his novels, LOL!!! Seriously though, are we going to see the Red Wedding this year?
BigDaddyG

5/23/2012  12:44 PM
jusnice wrote:Seriously, slow and plodding is how I would characterize this season..sort of like his novels, LOL!!! Seriously though, are we going to see the Red Wedding this year?

I don't think so. I think they're going to save that for next season.

VDesai
USA
5/28/2012  10:50 PM
I thought the Blackwater was the best episode yet! That was a lot to fit into a TV budget and they did pretty great. Cersei and The Hound were awesome in this episode.
Paladin55
Member: #2098

5/29/2012  2:28 AM
VDesai wrote:I thought the Blackwater was the best episode yet! That was a lot to fit into a TV budget and they did pretty great. Cersei and The Hound were awesome in this episode.

Weapons of Mass Destruction, can't beat them in a big battle. Wasn't Saddam accused of having Green Fire?

Interesting that, in my opinion, they chose to be a little more "old school" with the battle, and not go too heavy with the CGI stuff like Lord of the Rings did. Closer to Braveheart...at least that was my impression.

Definitely The Hound's biggest moments- more dialogue than he'd been given in all the other episodes combined.

Upset because I recently found out that they only shot 10 episodes this year- for some reason I remember reading last year that they would shoot 12 this season.

Hard to believe that in a relatively short period of time, HBO has put out Band of Brothers, Deadwood, Rome, and Game of Thrones, which are easily in my top 10 list. (I know they have put out many others... but I'm a fan of historical or costume dramas.)

Pretty sure that HBO is going to be doing there own version of I Claudius in the near future. Can't wait for that one.

Lots of **** on TV, especially the reality type shows I see advertised, but some of the cable companies have put out some great work over the past decade or so.

No man is happy without a delusion of some kind. Delusions are as necessary to our happiness as realities- C.N. Bovee
A Game of Thrones - HBO - Best Novels Ever

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy