[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

A Game of Thrones - HBO - Best Novels Ever
Author Thread
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
4/2/2012  12:51 AM
What did you guys think? They had to tie a lot of plot together to get things moving but overall a pretty good episode. The actor who plays Joffrey is coming along nicely- what an eminently hateable character!
AUTOADVERT
Paladin55
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #2098

4/2/2012  1:23 PM
VDesai wrote:What did you guys think? They had to tie a lot of plot together to get things moving but overall a pretty good episode. The actor who plays Joffrey is coming along nicely- what an eminently hateable character!

Yup- definitely a recap and set-up episode. There is so much use and trim from the Martin books for the writers of GOT, but I thought yesterday's episode did a fine job of getting viewers ready from what is to come.

Will be interesting to see how they deal with the wolves, dragons, and the other non-reality aspects of the books. From what I've read the producers hired another special effects company because series will take on a more epic look at times and also make more use of the animal "characters."

Just getting over the respective season finales of Spartacus and The Walking Dead, and the segue to Game of Thrones is perfect for my very minimal TV show watching schedule.

Should be a good ride.

No man is happy without a delusion of some kind. Delusions are as necessary to our happiness as realities- C.N. Bovee
VDesai
USA
4/2/2012  9:04 PM
Having read the books, I knew what was up, but I wonder what people who didn't read the novels thought during Bran's warging sequence. That scene looked a little weird on TV.
Markji
Alba Posts: -4
Member: #1673
USA
4/2/2012  10:41 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/2/2012  10:45 PM
VDesai wrote:What did you guys think? They had to tie a lot of plot together to get things moving but overall a pretty good episode. The actor who plays Joffrey is coming along nicely- what an eminently hateable character!

Having read the books, I knew what was up, but I wonder what people who didn't read the novels thought during Bran's warging sequence. That scene looked a little weird on TV.

I think they did a great job of revisiting all of the characters, where they were at at the end of Season 1 and progressing a bit. They used the Red Comet in the sky for the change of characters/scenes which I really liked.

Re: The actor playing Joffrey,(Jack Gleason). I heard an interview with GRRM who stated that he is doing such a good job that when he is out on the streets, people see him and hate him. In real life he is a really nice kid. Too good of an acting job.

Re: Warging - since many people reading this thread may not have read the books, I think I would only say that it creates some mystery/some sameness when Bran visits the same water hole as his direwolf. Both looking into their reflection in the water. I think they are doing a real good job in bringing out the essence of the books and making it interesting.

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense. Tom Clancy - author
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/5/2012  5:58 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/6/2012  12:43 AM
I have two thoughts about the Season 2 premiere. First, I always pictured Melissandre to be thicker, kinda like somewhere between Kim Kardashian and Christina Hendricks. Second, I don't see how they're going to expand on the Bran storyline without the Reeds. I hope they end up in the tv series.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Markji
USA
4/5/2012  7:26 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/5/2012  7:28 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:I have two thoughts about the Season 2 premiere. First, I always pictured Melissandre to be thicker, kinda like somewhere between Kim Kardashian and Christina Hendricks. Second, I don't see how they're going to expand on the Bran storyline without the Reeds. I hope they end in the tv series.

I like the actress playing Melisandre, the priestess for R'hlor, the god of Light (and fire). She looks "hot" and is mysterious with her accent as it should be.

Some other tidbits.
The actress playing Brienne, not introduced yet, is in real life 6'3". Should be a good choice.
Roy Dotrice plays the head pyromancer. Roy D is the reader for most of the audio books for the series. He did books 1,2,3,and 5 and was excellent.

Don't know about the Reeds - if they are in Season 2. Have you heard that they won't be?

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense. Tom Clancy - author
BigDaddyG

4/6/2012  12:44 AM
Markji wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:I have two thoughts about the Season 2 premiere. First, I always pictured Melissandre to be thicker, kinda like somewhere between Kim Kardashian and Christina Hendricks. Second, I don't see how they're going to expand on the Bran storyline without the Reeds. I hope they end in the tv series.

I like the actress playing Melisandre, the priestess for R'hlor, the god of Light (and fire). She looks "hot" and is mysterious with her accent as it should be.

Some other tidbits.
The actress playing Brienne, not introduced yet, is in real life 6'3". Should be a good choice.
Roy Dotrice plays the head pyromancer. Roy D is the reader for most of the audio books for the series. He did books 1,2,3,and 5 and was excellent.

Don't know about the Reeds - if they are in Season 2. Have you heard that they won't be?

I haven't seen them cast.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
VDesai
USA
4/6/2012  1:34 AM
Supposedly Clash of Kings is split into 2 seasons, so we may not see any Reeds this year. There haven't been any screenshots of them like they had with other characters. The Brienne looked spot on from the pictures.

I was a little underwhelmed by Melisandre...as Big Daddy G said- she was supposed to be more well endowed.

Markji
USA
4/6/2012  5:04 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/6/2012  6:16 AM
I'm outvoted on Melisandre, but I still like her. The actress is Carice van Houten.
Facially exotic. She was also a model so she is somewhat slender. Melisandre was supposed to be captivating in a somewhat strange and mysterious way. I think she is.

"For the night is dark and full of terrors." - Melisandre

VDesai
USA
4/8/2012  10:03 PM
Really interesting episode tonight.

Several divergences between the book and the show on this episode- perhaps we should discuss on the other thread to avoid spoilers?

Markji
USA
4/10/2012  8:10 AM
VDesai wrote:Supposedly Clash of Kings is split into 2 seasons, so we may not see any Reeds this year. There haven't been any screenshots of them like they had with other characters. The Brienne looked spot on from the pictures.

I was a little underwhelmed by Melisandre...as Big Daddy G said- she was supposed to be more well endowed.

What do you guys now think of Melisandre after episode 2. She looks quite fine to me.
Markji
USA
4/10/2012  8:10 AM
VDesai wrote:Really interesting episode tonight.

Several divergences between the book and the show on this episode- perhaps we should discuss on the other thread to avoid spoilers?

OK - comment in other thread.
BigDaddyG

4/11/2012  5:14 PM
I didn't say Melisandre isn't nice, she just fell short of the expectations I had lol On another note, who knew Varys doesn't like fish pie.
Markji
USA
4/12/2012  8:46 AM
VDesai wrote:Supposedly Clash of Kings is split into 2 seasons, so we may not see any Reeds this year. There haven't been any screenshots of them like they had with other characters. The Brienne looked spot on from the pictures.

Just read that it is A Storm of Swords (Book 3) that is split into 2 seasons. So I think Season 2 will complete the entire Book 2, A Clash of Kings.
BigDaddyG

4/18/2012  1:28 AM
Just finished watching episode three. Now Maergery Tyrell is exactly how I imagined her lol Good casting there. She's just a tad bit older than I envisioned tho. It might make things a lil awkward later in the series. I also liked the buttaface Pycelle was caught with.
Markji
USA
4/18/2012  4:08 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:Just finished watching episode three. Now Maergery Tyrell is exactly how I imagined her lol Good casting there. She's just a tad bit older than I envisioned tho. It might make things a lil awkward later in the series. I also liked the buttaface Pycelle was caught with.

I also loved Maergery. I believe in the book she is supposed to be 16, so they had to make her a little older in the HBO series. She disrobes pretty easily.
I also liked the actress playing Brienne. When I first heard about the casting, I thought they just picked her because of her height, 6'3" but I doubted her acting ability. She spoke and acted just like I imagined Brienne would.

What I didn't like was so much emphasis on Renley being gay. These scenes (Season 1 and 2) were not in the books which only hinted at the fact that Renley was gay. And Ser Loras appears very wimpy in the HBO series while in the books he was both handsome and a really tough fighter.

Still like the series and overall they are doing a great job adapting it to the screen.

The girl playing Arya is one of my favorites. She's perfect. Hard to believe she has never had any major acting experience before. Love her back and forth with Gendry.

VDesai
USA
4/18/2012  3:28 PM
Margaery was a hottie and I liked how they made her a bit more devious in the series - by nature a lot of what they have to do with the series is more direct than how things were written but they did a good job there.

I agree that they maybe went a little too overboard with Renly/Loras. Loras is supposed to be like a mini-Jaime - a very bold fighter. He is a little wimpy and a little too whiny.

Brienne was cast perfectly- she couldn't look any more like what I imagined and her delivery was great.

BigDaddyG

4/18/2012  5:27 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/18/2012  5:27 PM
VDesai wrote:Margaery was a hottie and I liked how they made her a bit more devious in the series - by nature a lot of what they have to do with the series is more direct than how things were written but they did a good job there.

I agree that they maybe went a little too overboard with Renly/Loras. Loras is supposed to be like a mini-Jaime - a very bold fighter. He is a little wimpy and a little too whiny.

Brienne was cast perfectly- she couldn't look any more like what I imagined and her delivery was great.

Agreed. Loras iss supposed to be one of the most feared knights in the land and his television counterpart is more laughable than fearsome.

I think the dude playing Renly is doing a better job of fitting into the character. I never envisioned him as a leader of any sort last season. At least he's showing a little bit of charisma now.

I think the fight scene between Brienne and Loras was a little bit different in the book. Didn't she resort to some form of trickery to win in the book?

yellowboy90
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3538

4/20/2012  11:05 AM
I just do not like the bulid and look of renly based of that he was supposed to look like howRobert used to look when he was younger. Basically he should look like an older Renly. I do not mind the changes at all. I know some fans have problem with Asha/Yara but I do not. Another thing I had a problem with was the Fort scene, I wish it was longer and a bigger battle. I just can't wait for the Ghost of Harrenhal.
BigDaddyG

4/22/2012  11:09 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:I just do not like the bulid and look of renly based of that he was supposed to look like howRobert used to look when he was younger. Basically he should look like an older Renly. I do not mind the changes at all. I know some fans have problem with Asha/Yara but I do not. Another thing I had a problem with was the Fort scene, I wish it was longer and a bigger battle. I just can't wait for the Ghost of Harrenhal.

The opening scene for episode 4 had me LMFAO! "Loras Tyrell? He's prettier than the queen....How good can he be? He's been stabbing Renly Baratheon for year and he ain't dead."

A Game of Thrones - HBO - Best Novels Ever

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy