[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

A Game of Thrones - HBO - Best Novels Ever
Author Thread
mattshaw78
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #915
6/10/2013  6:22 AM
I thought the episode was meh. You usually leave a huge cliffhanger for the last episode of the season. They should have ended it on the "Red Wedding". I was hoping they will finish the book details in this last episode.
BlueSeats "I like anyone who can make Lebron cry. Melo seems to do it a lot."
AUTOADVERT
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

6/10/2013  8:57 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:somewhat disappointed by tonight's episode... question: What is the story with Theon Greyjoy's torturer? I didn't quite follow that

theon's torturer is Roose's bastard Ramsey. they've deviated a bit from the books with
the way they've introduced Ramsey and Asha/Yara reacted. it was an aight episode. it's always good when Then gives Jof a verbal smack down.

so what is Roose/Ramsey's beef with the Greyjoys? I guess I'm struggling to understand why they cut off and shipped Theon's Gallo

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
6/10/2013  9:47 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:somewhat disappointed by tonight's episode... question: What is the story with Theon Greyjoy's torturer? I didn't quite follow that

theon's torturer is Roose's bastard Ramsey. they've deviated a bit from the books with
the way they've introduced Ramsey and Asha/Yara reacted. it was an aight episode. it's always good when Then gives Jof a verbal smack down.

so what is Roose/Ramsey's beef with the Greyjoys? I guess I'm struggling to understand why they cut off and shipped Theon's Gallo

Ramsay is just a sadistic bastard who does things with little to no reason. But in theory, Roose Bolton has been appointed warden of the north, and the Greyjoys are currently invading the North, so the Boltons/Greyjoys are at war.

VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
6/10/2013  10:36 AM
Anyway for what its worth, they only did about 70% of Book 3. There are still at least 3-4 major events that have yet to occur that will be in season 4. The last episode was a catch all- trying to set everyone up for the events of next season. Ned Starks death happened in episode 9 of season 1, just like the Red Wedding in episode 9 of this year- I think it makes sense to make the major twist happen in the 2nd to last episode to keep viewers watching.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

6/10/2013  3:51 PM
VDesai wrote:Anyway for what its worth, they only did about 70% of Book 3. There are still at least 3-4 major events that have yet to occur that will be in season 4. The last episode was a catch all- trying to set everyone up for the events of next season. Ned Starks death happened in episode 9 of season 1, just like the Red Wedding in episode 9 of this year- I think it makes sense to make the major twist happen in the 2nd to last episode to keep viewers watching.

Yeah, I do notice they spent a good amount of time setting Tyrion up for next season. It should be a wild ride.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BigDaddyG

6/10/2013  3:55 PM
VDesai wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Ramsay is just a sadistic bastard who does things with little to no reason. But in theory, Roose Bolton has been appointed warden of the north, and the Greyjoys are currently invading the North, so the Boltons/Greyjoys are at war.

Yeah, I doubt Roose would have approved of such a move if he knew about it. Counterproductive. He killed any value Theon had with that snip. Yara/Asha's reaction was a little out of character too. She was calling him a weak punk and abandoning him a season ago. Now she's taking her best warriors on a suicide mission to rescue Theon? I don't think that part was in the books and it seemed like a reach.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Markji
Alba Posts: -4
Member: #1673
USA
6/10/2013  10:45 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/11/2013  11:38 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
VDesai wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Yeah, I doubt Roose would have approved of such a move if he knew about it. Counterproductive. He killed any value Theon had with that snip. Yara/Asha's reaction was a little out of character too. She was calling him a weak punk and abandoning him a season ago. Now she's taking her best warriors on a suicide mission to rescue Theon? I don't think that part was in the books and it seemed like a reach.

They gave some conclusion to most storylines and set up Stannis to go north to fight the white walkers. Yarra is off to rescue Theon/Reek. I think she's better than her character in the book. More action.

I love Arya's character and adventures. She is one badass young girl.
I kind of feel sorry for Ygritte. She got shafted by John.

Something significant, I think, is that the Blackfish got away. Left the wedding hall to take a piss before the killing started. In the books he didn't attend the wedding and was still alive, so the HBO is consistant with the book's outcome.

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense. Tom Clancy - author
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
6/11/2013  8:45 AM
mattshaw78 wrote:I thought the episode was meh. You usually leave a huge cliffhanger for the last episode of the season. They should have ended it on the "Red Wedding". I was hoping they will finish the book details in this last episode.

Not for GoT. The past 3 seasons, the best episodes are the 9th episode. Ned's beheading, Battle at Blackwater, Red Wedding. The 10th episode is more tie up for the current season and setup for the next.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

6/11/2013  4:49 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
mattshaw78 wrote:I thought the episode was meh. You usually leave a huge cliffhanger for the last episode of the season. They should have ended it on the "Red Wedding". I was hoping they will finish the book details in this last episode.

Not for GoT. The past 3 seasons, the best episodes are the 9th episode. Ned's beheading, Battle at Blackwater, Red Wedding. The 10th episode is more tie up for the current season and setup for the next.

I think it's an HBO thing... not necessarily the second to last episode, but if you look at the Sopranos, The Wire, etc., most of the action happens leading up to the last episode. From a marketing perspective, it makes sense. You get everyone talking about the show for the finale, and set up the first episode of the next season quite nicely. People are going to watch the finale regardless

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Markji
USA
7/19/2013  8:17 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/19/2013  8:18 AM
Emmy Award Nominations

Game of Thrones got/received 16 nominations, one behind the leader American Horror Story.
The list:

Outstanding Drama Series

Outstanding Supporting Actor in Drama Series: Peter Dinklage as Tyrion Lannister

Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series: Emilia Clarke as Daenerys Targaryen (this is her first nomination ever)

Oustanding Guest Actress in a Drama Series: Dame Diana Rigg as Olenna Tyrell (this her sixth nomination; she won the award in 1997 for her role in Rebbeca)

Oustanding Writing in a Drama Series: David Benioff and D.B. Weiss for “The Rains of Castamere” (This was Ep 9 with featured The Red Wedding)

]Outstanding Interactive Experience: Game of Thrones Season Three Enhanced Digital Experience

Outstanding Art Direction: Gemma Jackson, Andy Thomson, and Robert Cameron for “Valar Dohaeris” and “Kissed by Fire”.

Outstanding Casting in a Drama Series: Nina Gold and Robert Sterne

Oustanding Cinematography for a Single-Camera Series: Rob McLachlan for “Mhysa”

Outstanding Costumes for a Drama Series: Michele Clapton, Alexander Fordham, and Chloe Aubry for “Walk of Punishment”

Outstanding Single-Camera Picture Editing for a Drama Series: Oral OTtey for “The Rains of Castamere”

Outstanding Hairstyling for a Single-Camera Series: Kevin Alexander, Candice Banks, Rosalia Culora, Gary Machin, and Dana Kalder for “Second Sons”

Outstanding Makeup for a Single-Camera Series (Non-Prosthetic): Paul Engelen, Melissa Lackersteen, Daniel Lawson Johnston, and Martina Byrne for “Kissed by Fire”

Outstanding Prosthetic Makeup for a Series, Miniseries, or TV Movie: Paul Engelen, Conor O’Sullivan, and Rob Trenton for “Valar Dohaeris”

Outstanding Sound Editing for a Series: Tim Kimmel, Paula Fairfield, Jed M. Dodge, Bradley C. Katona, David Klotz, Brett Voss, Jeffrey Wilhoit, and James Moriana for “And Now His Watch is Ended”.

Outstanding Sound Mixing for a Comedy or Drama Series (One Hour): Ronan Hill, Onnalee Blank, and Mathew Waters for “And Now His Watch is Ended”

[b]Outstanding Special Visual Effects: Joe Bauer, Jörn Grosshans, Doug Campbell, Steve Kullback, Stuart Brisdon, Sven Martin, Jabbar Raisani, Tobias Mannewitz, and Adam Chazen for “Valar Doharies”.

The awards for the actresses, I like Emilia Clark. She did well over the entire season. I also feel that Michele Fairly (Catelyn Stark) should have received a nomination for her performance at the Red Wedding. That whole scene was specular. Also liked Rose Leslie as Ygrette, especially the scene when she is crying that John is leaving her and proceeds to shoot him with 3 arrows.

Male actors - Peter Dinklage should have won the award last yr for season 2. He had a much larger and more meaty part. This yr Charles Dance (Tywin Lanister) was superb and should have received a nomination.

Also the kids - Maisie Williams as Arya and Jack Gleason as the deranged Joffrey should have also received a nomination IMO.

There are so many excellent performances throughout the entire show. They should definitely win the Outstanding casting award.

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense. Tom Clancy - author
BigDaddyG

7/22/2013  7:46 AM
Markji wrote:Emmy Award Nominations

Game of Thrones got/received 16 nominations, one behind the leader American Horror Story.
The list:

Outstanding Drama Series

Outstanding Supporting Actor in Drama Series: Peter Dinklage as Tyrion Lannister

Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series: Emilia Clarke as Daenerys Targaryen (this is her first nomination ever)

Oustanding Guest Actress in a Drama Series: Dame Diana Rigg as Olenna Tyrell (this her sixth nomination; she won the award in 1997 for her role in Rebbeca)

Oustanding Writing in a Drama Series: David Benioff and D.B. Weiss for “The Rains of Castamere” (This was Ep 9 with featured The Red Wedding)

]Outstanding Interactive Experience: Game of Thrones Season Three Enhanced Digital Experience

Outstanding Art Direction: Gemma Jackson, Andy Thomson, and Robert Cameron for “Valar Dohaeris” and “Kissed by Fire”.

Outstanding Costumes for a Drama Series: Michele Clapton, Alexander Fordham, and Chloe Aubry for “Walk of Punishment”

Outstanding Single-Camera Picture Editing for a Drama Series: Oral OTtey for “The Rains of Castamere”

Outstanding Hairstyling for a Single-Camera Series: Kevin Alexander, Candice Banks, Rosalia Culora, Gary Machin, and Dana Kalder for “Second Sons”

Outstanding Makeup for a Single-Camera Series (Non-Prosthetic): Paul Engelen, Melissa Lackersteen, Daniel Lawson Johnston, and Martina Byrne for “Kissed by Fire”

Outstanding Prosthetic Makeup for a Series, Miniseries, or TV Movie: Paul Engelen, Conor O’Sullivan, and Rob Trenton for “Valar Dohaeris”

Outstanding Sound Editing for a Series: Tim Kimmel, Paula Fairfield, Jed M. Dodge, Bradley C. Katona, David Klotz, Brett Voss, Jeffrey Wilhoit, and James Moriana for “And Now His Watch is Ended”.

Outstanding Sound Mixing for a Comedy or Drama Series (One Hour): Ronan Hill, Onnalee Blank, and Mathew Waters for “And Now His Watch is Ended”

[b]Outstanding Special Visual Effects: Joe Bauer, Jörn Grosshans, Doug Campbell, Steve Kullback, Stuart Brisdon, Sven Martin, Jabbar Raisani, Tobias Mannewitz, and Adam Chazen for “Valar Doharies”.

The awards for the actresses, I like Emilia Clark. She did well over the entire season. I also feel that Michele Fairly (Catelyn Stark) should have received a nomination for her performance at the Red Wedding. That whole scene was specular. Also liked Rose Leslie as Ygrette, especially the scene when she is crying that John is leaving her and proceeds to shoot him with 3 arrows.

Male actors - Peter Dinklage should have won the award last yr for season 2. He had a much larger and more meaty part. This yr Charles Dance (Tywin Lanister) was superb and should have received a nomination.

Also the kids - Maisie Williams as Arya and Jack Gleason as the deranged Joffrey should have also received a nomination IMO.

There are so many excellent performances throughout the entire show. They should definitely win the Outstanding casting award.

this might sound like heresy to some, but coaster waldau deserved a nomination for best supporting actor this past season for his work as Jaime. he had a lot to work with and he knocked it out of the park

Markji
USA
7/22/2013  5:03 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/23/2013  8:32 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Markji wrote:Emmy Award Nominations

The list:

Outstanding Drama Series

this might sound like heresy to some, but coaster waldau deserved a nomination for best supporting actor this past season for his work as Jaime. he had a lot to work with and he knocked it out of the park

I agree with you about Jaime. SO many of the actors/actresses did a fabulous job and that is a major reason why this show is so popular.And they all are really "supporting" as there isn't any one main character.
Markji
USA
7/28/2013  5:26 AM
For a little fun?, here are all of the characters who have been killed off in The Game of Thrones, Season 1 - 3.

George RR Martin's comment

"here's the video that kicked off the proceedings (at San Diego Comic Con), a tribute to all those we have loved (or not) and lost during the first three seasons of the show.

Seen all together like that, it does make me seem rather a bloody bastard, doesn't it?

In my own (feeble) defense, however, let me point out that Irri, Rakharo, the Thirteen of Qarth, Xaro Xhoan Daxos, Mago (not seen in the video), and Pyat Pree are all still alive and well (more or less) in the books as of the end of A DANCE WITH DRAGONS. Like the guys in Spinal Tap, David and Dan (writers) do like to turn things up to 11.

Robb's wife is alive in the novels too, but Jeyne Westerling is an entirely different person than Talisa Maegyr with an entirely different fate. Ros does not exist in the books, but of the characters she replaced, Kyra is dead, but Chataya and Alayaya are still around.

As to where we go from here... season four is coming, and no one is safe on GAME OF THRONES.

Not even those who you think might be safe for another book or two, from reading my novels."

Markji
USA
9/12/2013  7:58 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/12/2013  11:30 AM
Season 4 Trailer - Game of Thrones - no spoilers, just highlights from the previous seasons. If you haven't seen season 3 yet, best not to watch this.

Thought I'd add this from Game of Thrones Facebook subscription. Old Nan's story from Season 1. At the end of season 2 we see it comeing true.

Game of Thrones
"Oh, my sweet summer child. What do you know about fear? Fear is for the winter when the snows fall a hundred feet deep. Fear is for the the long nights when the sun hides for years, and children are born and live and die, all in darkness. That is the time for fear, my little lord; when the white walkers move through the woods. Thousands of years ago there came a night that lasted a generation. Kings froze to death in their castles, same as the shepherds in their huts, and women smothered their babies rather than see them starve, and wept and felt their tears freeze on their cheeks. So is this the sort of story that you like? In that darkness the white walkers came for the first time. They swept through cities and kingdoms, riding their dead horses, hunting with their packs of pale spiders big as hounds..." - Old Nan

BigDaddyG

10/23/2013  6:24 PM
Thought I'd this here. The Littlefinger, Varys and Tyrion parts are hilarious.
Markji
USA
11/13/2013  8:42 AM
Edit - this youtube video works:
In Memorium - the people killed off in Game of Thrones.

BigDaddyG

1/15/2014  10:10 PM

Less than three months till the start of season 4
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
1/16/2014  9:54 AM
When does the the season start? I saw 1-3 in a one week period. I was a f'ing zombie after.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Markji
USA
1/16/2014  8:16 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:When does the the season start? I saw 1-3 in a one week period. I was a f'ing zombie after.

April 6th - Sunday - 1st episode of Season 4
What did you think of the series?

Just released trailer for Season 4

H1AND1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5648

1/24/2014  9:32 AM
Oh shiz! A GoT, ASOIAF thread! Huge fan of the books and show!

Season 4 should be good. Also, it seems they are putting in a good bit of story from Books 4/5 (which are "really" one book) so this should put pressure on Martin to finish Book 6. I doubt he wants the show to catch up. Counterproductive for all involved.

A Game of Thrones - HBO - Best Novels Ever

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy