Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/8/2004  10:23 PM
Posted by CanadianKnicksFan:
Posted by martin:
Posted by BigRedDog:

I thought Knicks looked alot better when they put Fwill in 4th and took Anderson out. FWill played some good D. Anderson again over-rated on D. Torched by maggette.

You on crack Anderson 6'5 Fwill like 6'2 at best.

NYK D is a joke against Teams with big athletic players

HUH?!?! LAC was a team full of big athletic players.

That's why we had trouble on D tonight

OK, gotcha . But they still won.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
CanadianKnicksFan
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #483
Canada
2/8/2004  10:25 PM
Never Glue KVh to the bench,He is better then Penny on the offensive end,And gives us more size

DEke can still block shots given minutes
Pure Starks Love
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
2/8/2004  10:27 PM
Only two regrets tonight. One obviously the mass amounts of fouls which was annoying. Two that KVH didn't come off the bench for the last half of the fourth when they started doubling Stephon. Still, this team is so for real its not even funny. I haven't been this high on the team for a long time, and I'm usually optimistic about them...
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
2/8/2004  10:29 PM

Never Glue KVh to the bench,He is better then Penny on the offensive end,And gives us more size

Well...I think Lenny thought that playing D did not mean constantly fouling the other team.

On the other hand I wish Lenny had gotten Keith into the game on the offensive end (in the post) so that he could try and get some of the Clips players into foul trouble by using his height advantage.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
CanadianKnicksFan
Canada
2/8/2004  10:49 PM
Posted by Andrew:

Well...I think Lenny thought that playing D did not mean constantly fouling the other team.

On the other hand I wish Lenny had gotten Keith into the game on the offensive end (in the post) so that he could try and get some of the Clips players into foul trouble by using his height advantage.

Agreed

Lenny seems to have a handle on things
Pure Starks Love
MaseInYourFace
Member: #546
Canada
2/8/2004  11:26 PM

deke can't do sh&t, and shouldn't be given minutes. he is a COMPLETE liability on offense and is a shell of his former defensive self.

i didnt see the game--how did demarr look?

and of course FW looked better than shandon--shand better be gone by deadline
Yes! - Marv Albert
CanadianKnicksFan
Canada
2/8/2004  11:37 PM
Posted by MaseInYourFace:

deke can't do sh&t, and shouldn't be given minutes. he is a COMPLETE liability on offense and is a shell of his former defensive self.

i didnt see the game--how did demarr look?

and of course FW looked better than shandon--shand better be gone by deadline

Tell me who will replace Deke,KT & Anderson!
Pure Starks Love
simrud
Member: #474
USA
2/8/2004  11:50 PM
"didnt see the game, see the box score. doesnt matter to me-kt still should be upgraded. he still has a very limited game. still cant block shots or get offensive rebounds. two of the clippers fowards still scored 28 a piece"

Exatcly what is wrong with all those who bash KT. THYE DO NOT WATCH THE GAMES!!! Thank you very much, case closed.

P.S. Marbury is the real "Franchise", Francis is a joke compared to him. No sotppin us now, we are rollin.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/8/2004  11:53 PM
Posted by simrud:

P.S. Marbury is the real "Franchise", Francis is a joke compared to him. No sotppin us now, we are rollin.

for real. francis gotta grow up and listen to JVG. Marb seems to know when to score, when to pass, and when to go nutty on the other team.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/9/2004  12:13 AM
Deke is good. He's so much better than a lot of scrub centers like Jason Collins and co.

KT only had 6 reboounds. I'd like to see him average 10 for once, but that will never happen since he gets no offense rebounds. What happens when his shots aren't falling. He's certainly not going to post up. Better hope the other guys pick up the scoring when that happens.
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

2/9/2004  6:43 AM
Posted by tkf:

Great win, Steph proves that he is a Star, and we have a young one at that.... I guess we will see another stupid suns made a brilliant deal by playa thread huh?.. How brilliant is that move now playa?!!

We had no Houston and Kvh was a non factor and we still get a good win. Kt played great and Anderson and penny were solid.. Nice win..

TKF you of all people are taking "one " game as OUR measuring stick? Shame on you man, My point is when playoffs come and teams double marbury and the ball is TAKEN out of his hands and we have no low post guy to play half court game I WILL REMEMBER YOUR COMMENTS.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
Andrew
Member: #1
USA
2/9/2004  9:38 AM
Posted by playa2:

My point is when playoffs come and teams double marbury and the ball is TAKEN out of his hands and we have no low post guy to play half court game.

Teams are already double teaming Maybury, and the Knicks are already a predominantly half court team (I wish there was somewhere to lookup transition points). The only difference the playoffs will bring is better competition and even more half-court sets....but as I just said, the Knicks don't rely on transistion offense to score. A low post guy helps, but the playoffs are not going to change the game that much.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
2/9/2004  9:44 AM
Posted by playa2:
Posted by tkf:

Great win, Steph proves that he is a Star, and we have a young one at that.... I guess we will see another stupid suns made a brilliant deal by playa thread huh?.. How brilliant is that move now playa?!!

We had no Houston and Kvh was a non factor and we still get a good win. Kt played great and Anderson and penny were solid.. Nice win..

TKF you of all people are taking "one " game as OUR measuring stick? Shame on you man, My point is when playoffs come and teams double marbury and the ball is TAKEN out of his hands and we have no low post guy to play half court game I WILL REMEMBER YOUR COMMENTS.

I am not sure how you equate doubling Marbury and needing a low post pressence with this current roster. When teams double Marbury before crossing the timeline that is when we have problems but Lenny made a great adjustment in that he had Penny bring the ball down and had Stephon run through picks. If they double him in the half-court more often than not he finds the open man for an easy basket(KT, Doleac mid range and KVH,Houston long range) so it is actually a double-edged sword for opposing teams which is good for us. Stephon and KT maybe the second coming of Stockton and Malone.

This is pretty exciting baskeball. You accept it and enjoy the ride. We can talk about the negatives in the off-season and not now.
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
2/9/2004  11:51 AM
Since the knicks are developing a half-court offense now, it'll give them an advantage in the playoffs when efficiency in the half-court generally has more weight than the transition game. Chalk it up to coaches having several days to prepare for the same opponent.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
2/9/2004  1:56 PM
Posted by NYKBocker:
Posted by playa2:
Posted by tkf:

I am not sure how you equate doubling Marbury and needing a low post pressence with this current roster. When teams double Marbury before crossing the timeline that is when we have problems but Lenny made a great adjustment in that he had Penny bring the ball down and had Stephon run through picks. If they double him in the half-court more often than not he finds the open man for an easy basket(KT, Doleac mid range and KVH,Houston long range) so it is actually a double-edged sword for opposing teams which is good for us. Stephon and KT maybe the second coming of Stockton and Malone.

This is pretty exciting baskeball. You accept it and enjoy the ride. We can talk about the negatives in the off-season and not now.

Get a grip. This is NOT the second coming of Stockton and Malone. Malone was a monster player, the ultimate power forward on both sides of the court, the best, actually, in his prime.
KT is jump shooter and a decent defender, nothing more.
BigRedDog
Member: #569
2/9/2004  2:14 PM
Posted by BigRedDog:

I thought Knicks looked alot better when they put Fwill in 4th and took Anderson out. FWill played some good D. Anderson again over-rated on D. Torched by maggette.

You on crack Anderson 6'5 Fwill like 6'2 at best.

NYK D is a joke against Teams with big athletic players

I never said they were the same height, I said the team played MUCH better when FWill replaced Anderson. Did you see the game? Anderson is SO OVER-RATED as a defensive player .Or As far as your post later "who will replace anderson if he is traded?" what exactly does he do for this team that is irreplaceable? With Houston coming back, Penny, Marbury, FWill I think we have enough to get by without Anderson.
Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
Clips v Knicks thread (2/8)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy