[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

McKie On the Way?
Author Thread
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #575
Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)
2/5/2004  5:31 PM
Chad Ford wrote today that the knicks might soon trade shandon anderson for aaron mckie.He is the NBA leader in three-point percentage.

[Edited by - 1 on 02/05/2004 17:47:08]
AUTOADVERT
StArBuRy03
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #576
2/5/2004  5:35 PM
i dont like that trade, we need shandon for his defense, we dont need another scorer, even though mckie was a 6th man a couple of years ago, i like shandon over him
marbury with the cross over..... and yao falls on his ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
2/5/2004  5:48 PM
i wouldnt mind the move. i think mckie is better actually, being more consistent and just as good on D. also mckie can play the 1,2, or 3
letitbeheard
Member: #543
2/5/2004  5:58 PM
i was also thinking about this one; then i thought better of it. with allen, do we really need another shooter? i love mckie as a player but i don't see him getting minutes here because of allen. and he's too good of a shooter for that and a pretty good deffender too. but what do i care. it would definatly be an up-grade. if allen isn't on, we could always run the same plays for him.
he is a better player than allen imo for this team.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
2/5/2004  6:14 PM
Posted by letitbeheard:

i was also thinking about this one; then i thought better of it. with allen, do we really need another shooter? i love mckie as a player but i don't see him getting minutes here because of allen. and he's too good of a shooter for that and a pretty good deffender too. but what do i care. it would definatly be an up-grade. if allen isn't on, we could always run the same plays for him.

Ur probably right...but since we'd be trading shandon, couldnt we just use mckie as allans backup and penny as KVHs? besides, who knows how houstons knee is gonna be
2/5/2004  6:30 PM
He is the best 3-point shooter this year!
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/5/2004  6:37 PM
we can definitely use his shooting since him with Allan out!!

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 02/05/2004 18:53:47]
letitbeheard
2/5/2004  6:51 PM
Posted by MaTT4281:
Posted by letitbeheard:

Ur probably right...but since we'd be trading shandon, couldnt we just use mckie as allans backup and penny as KVHs? besides, who knows how houstons knee is gonna be
dude, why wasn't shandon getting minutes before? i hear what you are saying but, lenny is right, you can't play every-one. it would make a mess of those positions since othella, doleac, penny, moochie are already getting minutes. he's also working with der marr now also(don't really care for, would be nice if he comes through). it's a total log-jam. it may sound simple to you but when it's game time, its hard to create chemistry when it's 11 guys playing. with guys like steph, houston, vanhorn needing the minutes to get their game going.
mckie is a good player but when houston comes back, its the shandon situation all-over again. and mckie is too good for being the twelfth man.
as for houston not coming back right. we have good players to fill his position. the last couple of games are a good example. but i think houston has some decent pride to let the team down like that. he'll be back and will be able to do good for the knicks imo. he's the cap. after-all.

[Edited by - letitbeheard on 02/05/2004 18:56:57]
TLover
Member: #381
USA
2/5/2004  6:54 PM
Unless there is a possible deal involving Allan Houston in the works. But obviously he needs to be healthy.
MaseInYourFace
Member: #546
Canada
2/5/2004  7:06 PM
you are insane to like anderson over mckie. completely insane.

but i dont think we need a sg, we need 4 and 5....i guess those are pretty hard to come by so we should be happy with the upgrade if that were to occur-which i dont see why the sixers would do it, unless theres some money stuff that i dont know about
Yes! - Marv Albert
MaseInYourFace
Canada
2/5/2004  7:08 PM
by the way aaron mckie was awesome as the butler jeffrey on the fresh prince of bel air
Yes! - Marv Albert
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
2/5/2004  7:10 PM
Posted by letitbeheard:
Posted by MaTT4281:
Posted by letitbeheard:

dude, why wasn't shandon getting minutes before? i hear what you are saying but, lenny is right, you can't play every-one. it would make a mess of those positions since othella, doleac, penny, moochie are already getting minutes. he's also working with der marr now also(don't really care for, would be nice if he comes through). it's a total log-jam. it may sound simple to you but when it's game time, its hard to create chemistry when it's 11 guys playing. with guys like steph, houston, vanhorn needing the minutes to get their game going.
mckie is a good player but when houston comes back, its the shandon situation all-over again. and mckie is too good for being the twelfth man.
as for houston not coming back right. we have good players to fill his position. the last couple of games are a good example. but i think houston has some decent pride to let the team down like that. he'll be back and will be able to do good for the knicks imo. he's the cap. after-all.

[Edited by - letitbeheard on 02/05/2004 18:56:57]

U have to admit, any of shandons minutes would still b better spent on mckie
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/5/2004  7:12 PM
hahahahahahaha so true!

if Mckie rids us of Shandon then I'm all for it. Mckie was playing great this year before he got injured.
2/5/2004  7:25 PM
McKie has one more year on his deal than Shandon but gets paid less money per year. He is also the best three point shooter in the NBA this year.
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
2/5/2004  7:36 PM
Posted by MaseInYourFace:

by the way aaron mckie was awesome as the butler jeffrey on the fresh prince of bel air
ROFLMAO
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
letitbeheard
2/5/2004  7:51 PM
i do admit, i already mentioned that i love him as a player but when houston gets back, do you really think shandon or even mckie can find their way into the rotation? it would be tough since their would be too many people really deserving of some good minutes. mckie was good enough to be the 3rd or the 4th man(i forget) in philadelphia's ec championship run. he still got it imo. he would deserve it least 25 mins to be affective, do you really think that can happen in new york after allan returns? he's great shooter and i think, we already have good shooters on our team for the time-being. the team is playing well, you don't want just another shooter to come and mess it up. there is a lot of things that go into a particular game, shandon is providing it and has been, thus the winning and the team finally showing signs of coming together. you don't want to mess with that right now. it would be better if we get a delembert though.(dreams, dreams)
shandon becomes the 12th man again after allen comes back, i just don't want to see it with mckie, he is one of the players i enjoy watching shoot, he won't deserve it.
trade shandon for another guy deserving wouldn't be a good idea. packaging him to get any kind a foul drawing, scoring low-post precence would be helpful.
some of you guys sound like shandon is really a bad person and a even worse player. that's total crap imo. he brings his own dimmension to the game that, if used correctly, could help the knicks a lot. i didn't see chaney use it much and i am not going to see lenny use it when allen comes back. it's just tough for him, i hope he gets traded for the right guy that can really help the knicks.

MaseInYourFace
Canada
2/5/2004  7:55 PM
i've never said he's a bad person, except for his whining over his streak. i just said he sucks, which he does. ok he doesn't suck, he's in the nba so he has to be pretty good. but relative to his peers, he sucks.

plus mckie is a great actor as he proved when he played the butler on The Fresh Prince of Bel Air
Posted by letitbeheard:
i do admit, i already mentioned that i love him as a player but when houston gets back, do you really think shandon or even mckie can find their way into the rotation? it would be tough since their would be too many people really deserving of some good minutes. mckie was good enough to be the 3rd or the 4th man(i forget) in philadelphia's ec championship run. he still got it imo. he would deserve it least 25 mins to be affective, do you really think that can happen in new york after allan returns? he's great shooter and i think, we already have good shooters on our team for the time-being. the team is playing well, you don't want just another shooter to come and mess it up. there is a lot of things that go into a particular game, shandon is providing it and has been, thus the winning and the team finally showing signs of coming together. you don't want to mess with that right now. it would be better if we get a delembert though.(dreams, dreams)
shandon becomes the 12th man again after allen comes back, i just don't want to see it with mckie, he is one of the players i enjoy watching shoot, he won't deserve it.
trade shandon for another guy deserving wouldn't be a good idea. packaging him to get any kind a foul drawing, scoring low-post precence would be helpful.
some of you guys sound like shandon is really a bad person and a even worse player. that's total crap imo. he brings his own dimmension to the game that, if used correctly, could help the knicks a lot. i didn't see chaney use it much and i am not going to see lenny use it when allen comes back. it's just tough for him, i hope he gets traded for the right guy that can really help the knicks.

[Edited by - MaseInYourFace on 02/05/2004 21:21:30]
Yes! - Marv Albert
Therapist
Member: #526
2/5/2004  8:07 PM
Is anyone opposed to penny starting in the 2 spot?

cuz i definately think he could do alot better than shandon anderson... only problem i would see is, who would back up van horn...

but then again, if it ain't broke don't fix it...
simrud
Member: #474
USA
2/5/2004  11:34 PM
Penny is best of the bench, he can backup 1, 2 and 3 and finish games. No need to put extra stress on his body and start him.

As for Anderson, he is a bad player and a bad person. Mr. Migrane there has the nerve to wine about his mintues when he can't make a freaking layup. Besdies, wit the team winning, how selfish do you have to be to wine about minutes? Faking an injury as a response to a DNP? That's downright juvenile. Getting rid of this punk for anybody is great. Besides McKie is a good player. He can backup Houston for 18 minutes a night (yes Houston should not play more then 30 under any circusmstancs if you want to see him walk in the playoffs lol). Penny will get his minutes at 3 and 1, bench Norris for eternity and trade FW for something (another wining little girl lol).
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
daddynel
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #505
2/6/2004  12:08 AM
i totally agree w/shandon's juvi acts. i would also much rather have mckie than shandon. i've rather have s/one that can come off the bench and do something positive and hit shots. anderson flat out sucks! right now is a perfectly good example of what mckie could be doing for us while ah is out. what's shandon doing?
mckie at backup 2.
penny at backup 3/2/1.
McKie On the Way?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy