Page 2 of 2 Previous 1  2 
Topic LOCKED
Author Thread
TLover
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #381
USA
2/8/2004  4:12 PM
Why can't it be a post up small forward like Al Harrington or Antwion Jamison in a deal involving Kurt Thomas ? We can then move VanHorn to the 4, where he may be even more effective.
AUTOADVERT
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

2/8/2004  4:18 PM
Tlover good point, postas get so caught up with shaq and Duncan like there available or something.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
bernard
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #475
2/8/2004  4:19 PM
If the main argument for getting a power forward is to get open looks for our perimeter players, than it's totally misguided. Look at the open looks KT, Doleac, KVH and H20 (when he was healthy) get from Marbury. All these guys can talk about is how esy Steph has made the game for them. Only dominant ... and good passing big men can get you comparable looks. Not Weed. Not Reef.

I'd like an athletic big man to pick up some put-back points, some fast break points, and yes, some low-post one-on-one points. We're getting plenty of good looks from the perimeter as it is, more now than we would if we h ad the big man Playa is clamoring for.
playa2

2/8/2004  5:26 PM
Posted by bernard:

If the main argument for getting a power forward is to get open looks for our perimeter players, than it's totally misguided. Look at the open looks KT, Doleac, KVH and H20 (when he was healthy) get from Marbury. All these guys can talk about is how esy Steph has made the game for them. Only dominant ... and good passing big men can get you comparable looks. Not Weed. Not Reef.

I'd like an athletic big man to pick up some put-back points, some fast break points, and yes, some low-post one-on-one points. We're getting plenty of good looks from the perimeter as it is, more now than we would if we h ad the big man Playa is clamoring for.

Benard we are talking about a guy who can score and pass in low post, that is the main argument. That player when down low can dictate what the defense does by his ability to score or pass out the post.

[Edited by - playa2 on 02/08/2004 17:43:19]
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
2/8/2004  5:29 PM
Posted by playa2:

Benard we are talking about a guy who can score and pass in low post, that is the main argument. Tht guy when down low cn dictate what the defense does by his ability to score or pass.
YOU STILL FAIL TO GIVE A SINGLE NAME YOU THINK THE KNICKS COULD'VE GOTTEN FOR THE GARBAGE SENT TO PHOENIX THAT WOULD HELP THIS TEAM JUST AS MUCH AS MARBURY HAS.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
playa2

2/8/2004  5:38 PM
Silver why do you think I have an answer for that ?? Ask ZEKE! Did you say we should have gotten Marbury realisticallyno because you didn't know he was available. Silver can you read, the package would have probaly been different from the one we used to get marbury NUFF SAID!

[Edited by - playa2 on 02/08/2004 17:44:32]
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
2/8/2004  7:17 PM
Posted by playa2:

Silver why do you think I have an answer for that ?? Ask ZEKE! Did you say we should have gotten Marbury realisticallyno because you didn't know he was available. Silver can you read, the package would have probaly been different from the one we used to get marbury NUFF SAID!
If you dont know then shut up! Try listening because everyone else knows! There was no reliable low-post presence available. THATS NUFF SAID!
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
playa2

2/8/2004  8:12 PM
You are acting simple now, because you would have to be a gm to know who wasavailable and nobody on "THIS FORUM" is one.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/8/2004  11:51 PM
Posted by bernard:

Agreed but the one thing that the low post presence does bring you is one more option if the jumpers are not falling. And one more option that the other team has to be able to defend against. So, to sum up, not absolutely necessary given the Marb factor, but a big plus and something that is probably needed if a championship is the goal. I can't name a team that didn't have the post presence (and in the Jordan years, Jordan himself was the post at times).

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
playa2

2/9/2004  5:25 PM
When playoffs time come teams will play in ya face defense , none of this open jumper stuff we are enjoying right now. Low post guy is the one piece we will all see that is needed in the worst way. Marbury is playing over his head and will level off a bit. Zeke will have to defy the odds and get a real post guy.
playa2

2/10/2004  6:59 AM
HARDCORE AND HIS MOB, tell me who Zeke is gonna get now
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
2/12/2004  2:06 PM
Well...
Since the offseason is still several months away, I will expound on that after the deadline...

As far as what may happen by the trade deadline, anything can happen. I truly believe that if a solid, noteworthy deal goes down, it will be something that no one even expected. That's how it went with the Starbury deal.

Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
2/12/2004  4:20 PM
I answered the question in a clear and concise manner and ignorance like that drools out of your mouth in response. LOL

Go ahead. Go to the archives. There isn't a damn thing that I said in them that I am not willing to own up to and hold down right now. What!

I am up on the games like that, chump. Just make sure your remedial-reading, Hooked-on-Phonics, comprehension-deficiency having azz READS the posts about 3 or 4- no, 4 or 5 times before you do that. You know how often you try to pull someone's card and it always ends up with YOUR card pulled, right?
Yeah, Every time. We know.

In conclusion, don't bring it if you don't want it brought to you.
Now straighten out your Dunce hat and go sit back in your little corner, Playa.
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
2/12/2004  4:21 PM
I think this has gone as far as it can go.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Page 2 of 2 Previous 1  2 
Topic LOCKED
Who will be the mystery low post presence

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy