Who will be the mystery low post presence
Page 1 of 2  1  2 Next
Topic LOCKED
Author Thread
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

2/5/2004  10:17 AM
Will it be Stanley Roberts, how about Shawn Kemp. This is gonna be real good if zeke pulls off this one.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
AUTOADVERT
daddynel
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #505
2/6/2004  12:18 AM
i think i speak for most people when i say.... i hope your kidding.
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
2/6/2004  12:34 AM
lol
playa2

2/6/2004  9:11 PM
There is no low post presence , this is my point . I would have trade 1st for a low post presence who come playoff time makes KVH and Houston that much better and Frank would have distributed. Defense will stop pg by doubleing them and getting the ball out of their hands, But a low post guy will create open shots off the double team.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
bigblitz2001
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #535
2/6/2004  10:49 PM
Posted by gogetit:

There is no low post presence , this is my point . I would have trade 1st for a low post presence who come playoff time makes KVH and Houston that much better and Frank would have distributed. Defense will stop pg by doubleing them and getting the ball out of their hands, But a low post guy will create open shots off the double team.

Normally I try and ignore your posts in hopes that not feeding you the attention will cause you to stop your idiotic statements, but here goes:

If there is not low post presence as you say how would you have traded for one? what kind of stupid statement is that. I can count on one hand how many legit low post players there are in the NBA, and guess what, no one is trading them especially not for the garbage we gave the suns. Get over this idea. The next low post player to be had is emeka okafor and the knicks werent getting him either.

If you are waiting for the knicks to land the next shaq,duncan, KG, forget it. The knicks did the next best thing they got one of the best PGs in the NBA. I agree, I would rather have shaq, duncan or KG than Steph, but would you rather have sheed or rahim instead of steph, i wouldnt.

Instead of trying to beat these low post players at their own game I say go in a different direction. Get athletic and run like hell. get a couple of players like camby,swift even sheed to finish in the lane on the break and tire these guys out. If your waiting for the next duncan u will be waiting a long time.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/6/2004  11:22 PM
Playa,

I might agree with you. But the fact is, you said your piece many times already. Isiah can read your posts 100 times and he ain't gonna change the trade.

So move forward. Either post your fiction, or put an idea together that makes sense.
playa2

2/7/2004  2:20 PM
Posted by bigblitz2001:
Posted by gogetit:

Normally I try and ignore your posts in hopes that not feeding you the attention will cause you to stop your idiotic statements, but here goes:

If there is not low post presence as you say how would you have traded for one? what kind of stupid statement is that. I can count on one hand how many legit low post players there are in the NBA, and guess what, no one is trading them especially not for the garbage we gave the suns. Get over this idea. The next low post player to be had is emeka okafor and the knicks werent getting him either.

If you are waiting for the knicks to land the next shaq,duncan, KG, forget it. The knicks did the next best thing they got one of the best PGs in the NBA. I agree, I would rather have shaq, duncan or KG than Steph, but would you rather have sheed or rahim instead of steph, i wouldnt.

Instead of trying to beat these low post players at their own game I say go in a different direction. Get athletic and run like hell. get a couple of players like camby,swift even sheed to finish in the lane on the break and tire these guys out. If your waiting for the next duncan u will be waiting a long time.

When did I mention low post like Duncan or Shaq ? You use these guys as examples of low post presence for the knicks. LOL I should not even address your silly comparisons. Low post doesn't mean a dominate player, just a guy who can COMMAND a double team with the threat to score.
simrud
Member: #474
USA
2/7/2004  4:00 PM
Could you pleae name one that we could have gotten? And explain why the team would give him away and why they would want what we gave up for Steph. The only player that comes to mind is Reef, but he is soft, doesn't play D, has never played for a winner, and relyes on faceups and the jumper to much. Further, Atlanta rejected our offer for him according to league sorces.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/7/2004  4:20 PM
Michael Sweetney!!
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
2/7/2004  5:54 PM
gogetit should be allowed to rename himself playa because it will make it just that much simpler to ignore him!!

Simrud: I wonder why he just chooses to ignore and not answer your post? Maybe cause he cannot! I understand if someone was being cautious but all playa does is try to grab more attention by making statements that go against the populous. And they never hold any merit.

I seriously hope he will post which low post he would want to trade for and why exactly they would be given up for the garbage we sent to Phoenix! But he wont, because he cannot. He knows he is wrong.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
falcindor
Member: #42
USA
2/7/2004  8:15 PM
The fact is Phoenix was stupid. You never trade a great PG unless you are getting abnother great PG in return. No other team would have traded us a all-star forward period for ANYTHING we had.

We onl deal with what we have now. Knick may have a shot at Juwan Howard or Jerome Williams. But dont even think about the Currys or the Kwames.
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
playa2

2/7/2004  9:09 PM
Posted by falcindor:

The fact is Phoenix was stupid. You never trade a great PG unless you are getting abnother great PG in return. No other team would have traded us a all-star forward period for ANYTHING we had.

We onl deal with what we have now. Knick may have a shot at Juwan Howard or Jerome Williams. But dont even think about the Currys or the Kwames.

Guys were probably avaliable at the pf spot before the marbury trade went down, you can't say they weren't. You guys didn't know Starbury was trade bait and available, so how can you say no pf with a real post game wouldn't have been available too?
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #575
Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)
2/7/2004  11:22 PM
Posted by playa2:
Posted by falcindor:

Guys were probably avaliable at the pf spot before the marbury trade went down, you can't say they weren't. You guys didn't know Starbury was trade bait and available, so how can you say no pf with a real post game wouldn't have been available too?

like who? i bet duncan and shaq were available for cap room

[Edited by - 1 on 02/07/2004 23:23:31]
playa2

2/7/2004  11:27 PM
See how silly postas get when truth syrum gets injected into the forum.
playa2

2/8/2004  11:57 AM
Posted by Silverfuel:

gogetit should be allowed to rename himself playa because it will make it just that much simpler to ignore him!!

Simrud: I wonder why he just chooses to ignore and not answer your post? Maybe cause he cannot! I understand if someone was being cautious but all playa does is try to grab more attention by making statements that go against the populous. And they never hold any merit.

I seriously hope he will post which low post he would want to trade for and why exactly they would be given up for the garbage we sent to Phoenix! But he wont, because he cannot. He knows he is wrong.

You mean to tell me Zeke(THE MESSIAH) wouldn't have been able to get it done if he didn't give all that salary dump and future talentand draft picks to PHOENIX. Shows you didn't have real faith in his trading ability in the 1st place.
simrud
Member: #474
USA
2/8/2004  12:38 PM
Playa could you just please give an example? Now you are in love with Thomas as a GM all of a sudden? He can just waive his magic stick and land us an allstar PF? Lets break this down:
1)Duncan - no way they trade him
2)Webber - they don't need picks and cap room, they are title contenders, for what we gave up, no way he gets traded
3)Reef - was offered but an offer was rejected and still is, because they are waiting for deadline to make the deal, we simply could not wate for that long to save the season
4)Shaq - samd as (1) and (2)
5)Brand - Clippers just madea commitment to him and Maggette, and they don't need any picks or cap, they got plenty themselves, so obviosly they are not trading him no matter what.
6)O'Neal - same as (1) and (2) and (5) as well
7)Gasol - he is an up and coming superstar, Girzz don't need any more young guys from picks, they would like to dump money but not at the cost of their franchise player aroudn whom West plans to build a title contender
8)Dirk, both Twans - Dallas does need cap or picks, and Jamison is not worth it anyways.
9)Garnett - pick your reason, i'm not even gonna bother

Finally we are left with Sheed who is def not worth all we gave up because he is already around 30 and has a load of baggage. I don't think its even a qestion that gettin Steph was a better move. Especially considering that we can actually get Sheed in a differetn trade or sign him this summer (not likley but who knows).
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
playa2

2/8/2004  1:32 PM
First of all I don't think Zeke would have presented the same package to land a PF like it did forStarbury a PG. Some PF off the current roster along with Dice(salary dump)and ward + 2 #1 picks would have been the bait. Not the same package that phoenix took.

Maybe Sweets+ dice ward and two #1 picks
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #575
Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)
2/8/2004  1:36 PM
Posted by playa2:

First of all I don't think Zeke would have presented the same package to land a PF like it did forStarbury a PG. Some PF off the current roster along with Dice(salary dump)and ward + 2 #1 picks would have been the bait. Not the same package that phoenix took.

please name one all-star pf that those players would have brought
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
2/8/2004  2:48 PM
Posted by playa2:

Please name any low post PF that would have brought.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
playa2

2/8/2004  3:08 PM
Why does this guy have to be an all-star ? We will settle for anybody who commands a double team, why does he has to be a superstar when we have the perimitter players to feed off of him who can knock down shots. You keep asking for what player ask Zeke, he was the one who found marbury when no one thought he was available after the run Phoenix made last yr. You guys are funny. Anybody's guess who was available at PF position or C position, the NBA is a little unpredictable now with the salary cap making some owners forefit good talent just to get under or close to the salary cap.
Page 1 of 2  1  2 Next
Topic LOCKED
Who will be the mystery low post presence

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy