Why I hate Allan Houston
Author Thread
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
11/6/2001  10:27 AM
After a Knicks loss...

Latrell Sprewell Goes home, trashes his house, can't talk to his best friend because he is so upset at the loss.

Allan Houston "Momma to told me there would be days like this."
PURE KNICKS LOVE
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/6/2001  10:53 AM
Allan "Momma's Boy" Houston. He has great quotes.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Nelly17
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #131
USA
11/6/2001  11:38 AM
Now Allan Houston sounds like Forest Gump...how many of you saw the movie? Way to go Allan, it's not enough you have a huge contract, you have to make stupid remarks too.
GucciKnick8
Member: #17
USA
11/6/2001  11:46 AM
Posted by Andrew:

After a Knicks loss...

Latrell Sprewell Goes home, trashes his house, can't talk to his best friend because he is so upset at the loss.

I can't stand Houston. he is one of the most talented players with absolutely NO HEART! What a waste of money!
"You never know here in New York, stuff can happen on any given day," - - -Marcus Camby23
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
11/6/2001  12:00 PM
It's a shame really, I remember AH dunking last season from a pass of Jax with Jax being amazed AH could do that. Houston has the most beautiful jumper in the league but that doesn't buy us anything.

alas..

I can't wait untill it's the 15th of December and reevaluate the state of our roster. AH better get his behind in check or be ready to be a Grizzlie.
Caseloads
Member: #41
11/6/2001  12:00 PM
Posted by GucciKnick8:
Posted by Andrew:

After a Knicks loss...

I can't stand Houston. he is one of the most talented players with absolutely NO HEART! What a waste of money!
I've been saying this forever. Oh well.
Andrew
USA
11/6/2001  12:02 PM
Posted by Nelly17:

Now Allan Houston sounds like Forest Gump...how many of you saw the movie? Way to go Allan, it's not enough you have a huge contract, you have to make stupid remarks too.

LOL. Thats too funny Nelly17.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
john44
Member: #115
USA
11/6/2001  2:39 PM
I cant stand that man either. He scores 14 points one quarter and does nothing the rest of the game. He cant defend, rebound, pass or anything besides shot a jump shot. If he would only take the ball to the basket he would be as good as ray allen or anyother top 2 guard.
Matt
UKDad
Member: #31
USA
11/6/2001  3:13 PM
All Houston needs to do is read this Forum....
Might get the idea from UltimateKnicks.......
Good indication as to why the boo-birds are in the Garden...
Hope some of the other people there are reading this...

The Old Man of UK...
MCfan23
Member: #114
USA
11/6/2001  4:12 PM
The fact that he is a quiet and reserved person doesn't necessarily mean he has no heart.
We suck.
MCfan23
USA
11/6/2001  4:19 PM
It looks like I am his only fan on this board.

But I agree, he needs to start playing in a higher gear and turn round his recent performances, not only for the Knicks, but for my fantasy team too...

Current stats:
FG%: .340
FT%: .800
3PT%: .250
Rebounds: 13
Asts: 6
Stls: 3
Blks: 0
TOs: 6

N.B. Dana Barros has better stats in every catorgory. Geeeezz...
We suck.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
11/6/2001  4:26 PM
Posted by MCfan23:

It looks like I am his only fan on this board.

But I agree, he needs to start playing in a higher gear and turn round his recent performances, not only for the Knicks, but for my fantasy team too...

Current stats:
FG%: .340
FT%: .800
3PT%: .250
Rebounds: 13
Asts: 6
Stls: 3
Blks: 0
TOs: 6

N.B. Dana Barros has better stats in every catorgory. Geeeezz...
Don't worry you have one more honest fan whose not totally bashing one of our best players. I know myself as a shooter that we have good nights and bad nights. I remember starting a season like this 2 years ago which was my freshman year in high school. I starting on varsity and didn't play well, but still started because coach felt my shot would come along. Eventually it did and we went on to become one of the best teams in the state. No matter how you put it, shooters will be streaky and shooters will have good and bad nights. Houston isn't playing well, but the idea is to support him until he gets his stroke under control. He will put up 18 to 20 ppg this year and will shoot 45 percent from the field it's just a matter of being consistent and thats tough for any shooter. Houston's shot will come around you can count on that.
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
11/6/2001  4:36 PM
It's not his shooting that's in question, it's his one dimensional play wihch is upsetting the most of us. He can do better but seems lacksidaisical about it..

ya momma

AH can drive to the basket, yet he seems hesitant to do so, he has performed under pressure, can play a little D and has made winning shots. It's not just his jumper, which is beautiful as we all know, but his satisfaction at being just a shooter. If my shots don't fall I get closer to the basket, period!
MCfan23
USA
11/6/2001  4:38 PM
Posted by Knixkik:

Don't worry you have one more honest fan whose not totally bashing one of our best players. I know myself as a shooter that we have good nights and bad nights. I remember starting a season like this 2 years ago which was my freshman year in high school. I starting on varsity and didn't play well, but still started because coach felt my shot would come along. Eventually it did and we went on to become one of the best teams in the state. No matter how you put it, shooters will be streaky and shooters will have good and bad nights. Houston isn't playing well, but the idea is to support him until he gets his stroke under control. He will put up 18 to 20 ppg this year and will shoot 45 percent from the field it's just a matter of being consistent and thats tough for any shooter. Houston's shot will come around you can count on that.

Well said man.
I can't say I've experienced such shooting difficulties as I'm not a shooter. I am more of a Marcus Camby type player. Like the Cambyman I am undersized, get lots of boards and blocks, can't shoot to save my life, and get plenty of injuries - from a dislocated shoulder to a trapped nerve, I've had it. Luckily I haven't had the plantar thing though...
We suck.
Andrew
USA
11/6/2001  4:39 PM
Posted by knicksbabyyeah:

It's not his shooting that's in question, it's his one dimensional play wihch is upsetting the most of us. He can do better but seems lacksidaisical about it..

AH can drive to the basket, yet he seems hesitant to do so, he has performed under pressure, can play a little D and has made winning shots. It's not just his jumper, which is beautiful as we all know, but his satisfaction at being just a shooter. If my shots don't fall I get closer to the basket, period!

Well said knicksbabyyeah. Another example would be when his shot is not falling, most likely his defense starts to falter tremendously and he takes himself out of the game with stupid fouls.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
MCfan23
USA
11/6/2001  4:44 PM
Posted by knicksbabyyeah:

Well said also!
I wish he would mix it up more often...we all know he can. And we also know that by getting easy baskets, your confidence is improved, and your outside shot is more likely to be a swish than a clang. It's when he decides to mix it up that he has 30 point nights. So why doesn't he do that all the time?
We suck.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
11/6/2001  7:56 PM
So why doesn't he do that all the time?
Thats one of the great mysteries of being a shooter. One thing i've learned is the better you shoot, the more confidence you get and the more you're gonna want to do with the ball. Once Houston hits his first 3 or 4 shots and they start to guard him tighter, thats when he'll want to take it to the rack. When he does that it will open up opportunities for other players along the perimeter or chances to get to the line. Houston had a couple great games against Minny last year so let's see if he can mix it up tonight.
Why I hate Allan Houston

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy