Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
11/6/2001  9:53 AM
From Insider:

Hawks in pointed trade talks
by Chad Ford

Two struggling teams . . . two gaping holes . . . two under-used players. The perfect recipe for a trade. But do the Hawks and Knicks have anything to gain by swapping their second-string players?

A league source told ESPN Insider Monday evening that the Hawks and Knicks have discussed a trade that would send Charlie Ward and Othella Harrington to the Hawks in return for Alan Henderson and Jacque Vaughn.

Though nothing is imminent, the source told Insider that both teams are looking to quickly address deficiencies that have contributed to slow starts. With the Knicks overloaded at point guard and undermanned in the post, the move would bring in Henderson, who is capable of playing center and is more of a scorer than Harrington. Ward is expendable with the acquisition of Howard Eisley, who has sat patiently on the bench waiting for his chance.

The Hawks have been desperate for a point guard. Emanual Davis has struggled and Vaughn has been awful. Though Ward is far from their first choice, he is a serious upgrade from what they now have. Ward and Henderson are in long-term contracts, but the deal would have few salary cap implications -- it's just a way for the Knicks to get a little stronger up front and the Hawks to get a little stronger in the back court.

One snag is the health of Henderson, who has spent the first part of the season on the injured list with a sore right knee. Coach Lon Kruger told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution that Henderson's rehab program was going well.

"If he continues to respond, then we can get him on the court and give some practices and see how the [right] knee responds," Kruger said. "If he doesn't puff up and get sore, then we'll know he's ready to start playing again."
PURE KNICKS LOVE
AUTOADVERT
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
11/6/2001  10:27 AM

please pretty please with sugar on top

Personally I'd rather skip on Vaughn if he has a guaranteed contract and get Mottola in return. I want a real SF for once even if he's second/third string.

This is a good deal and I hope it'll become a reality.

Next step, Eisley + KT + 2nd round draft pick for Hughes and Dampier..

Contenders again....

You may wanna check my opinions on my own website which is still work in progress.

http://www.voodoodayton.com/knicks.htm
falcindor
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #42
USA
11/6/2001  10:45 AM
Next step, Eisley + KT + 2nd round draft pick for Hughes and Dampier..

That could happen. Dampier has a long 6 years left on his contract. But it would may take more to get Hughes. That leaves us with 4 SG.
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
knicksbabyyeah
Netherlands
11/6/2001  11:51 AM
1. Latrell Sprewell
2. Allan Houston
3. Shandon Anderson
4. Lavor Postell
5. Larry Robinson (IR)

Actually we already have 5 SG with 1&3 playing SF and 5 on the IR.
Gettiing Hughes would clear the trade for 1 or 2(hopefully) without putting any position in jeopardy. We can trade one of our SG to a team like Denver, Memphis, Boston, Chicago and as usual, Utah. Without getting a SG in return, taking on some garbage even (big country) so we can get tall and wind up with some draft picks. Believe it or not we have no natural SF on our team.

Only setback with Alan Henderson is that apparently he's a 6'9" PF who can play center as well so we're not out of the woods yet but it's a possible step in the right direction. Henderson + Vaught is not a trade I really like but Mottola could be good right? ESPN say he's 6'11" but I thought he was smaller. Mottola is my reason for the trade and he has a lower salary to boot so what up?
Caseloads
Member: #41
11/6/2001  11:59 AM
Posted by knicksbabyyeah:

1. Latrell Sprewell
2. Allan Houston
3. Shandon Anderson
4. Lavor Postell
5. Larry Robinson (IR)

Actually we already have 5 SG with 1&3 playing SF and 5 on the IR.
Gettiing Hughes would clear the trade for 1 or 2(hopefully) without putting any position in jeopardy. We can trade one of our SG to a team like Denver, Memphis, Boston, Chicago and as usual, Utah. Without getting a SG in return, taking on some garbage even (big country) so we can get tall and wind up with some draft picks. Believe it or not we have no natural SF on our team.

Only setback with Alan Henderson is that apparently he's a 6'9" PF who can play center as well so we're not out of the woods yet but it's a possible step in the right direction. Henderson + Vaught is not a trade I really like but Mottola could be good right? ESPN say he's 6'11" but I thought he was smaller. Mottola is my reason for the trade and he has a lower salary to boot so what up?
Ward and Harrington for Alan "I'm always injured" Henderson + Crappy Vaughn is a HUGE mistake. Ward and Harrington can get us AT LEAST Marc Jax from GS. or Foyle. we can wait...
knicksbabyyeah
Netherlands
11/6/2001  12:10 PM
What's the deal with Foyle? He doesn't have the nickname tin foyle for nothing. Foyle is an adequate second string Center. All our trading efforst or trading for draft picks should have one goal in mind. Getting a starting caliber center. Dampier has that but has been unlucky with his health. Personaly I can't be to bothered about that as every warrior seems to have that. Vaughn?? Well if we're going to take on a "prospect" PG it better be Khalid El-Amin or even Omar Cook. I have very high hopes for Mottola and unless I'm mistaken Henderson has 2 years left on his contract so we can deal with that. Henderson is more tradeable then Ward so why the hell not? Marc? Why bother, he turned the 4.5 exception down at the time from Orlando so how smart can he be?

Dampier good, Foyle kinda bad.

Step 0ne

trade Ward + Othella for Henderson + Mottola

Step Two

trade Eisley + KT for Dampier + Hughes

furthermore

cut Larry Robinson and sign Khalid El-Amin and Omar Cook. Both will benefit greatly from working with Jax and El-Amin can backup immediately to Jax. We've all heard Jax needs to play at least 30 minutes a game and with two hungry wolves on the side we have our future knocking on the door as well.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
11/6/2001  3:28 PM
It definetly isn't my top move, but Ward and Harrington for Henderson and Vaughn is a deal worth considering. I love Harrington's game, but this is the type of deal we need to do right now. Henderson can provide a little more size and scoring while Eisley gets off the bench. It's definetly an improvement.
knicksbabyyeah
Netherlands
11/6/2001  4:43 PM
no no no no,

They want Ward & Othella? aka "D cent" & "Improvin' fast" we better get

Henderson & Mottola aka "OK when not injured" & "talented tall prospect"

Vaughn? Nope, better fish in the sea. El-Amin is still available so get with it Layden.
rwayne1361
Member: #143
USA
11/6/2001  5:02 PM
Why would wwe possibly want Alan Henderson?

He is 6'9" and 240 pounds of non-rebounding, 29-year old, injury-prone mediocrity.

Never averaged more than 7 rebonds per game and CANNOT play center.

I would not give up Ward for him and I hate Ward.
MCfan23
Member: #114
USA
11/6/2001  5:06 PM
No, we don't want Henderson...
We suck.
Caseloads
Member: #41
11/6/2001  6:10 PM
Posted by MCfan23:

No, we don't want Henderson...
Hells no, we don't want them.
VG
Member: #68
Australia
11/6/2001  8:19 PM
No way we do this deal. We're better off trading with GS. Isn't Vaughn 0-22 this year?? That's right he's missed all his shot-attempts this year!

Knicksbabybyeah: Good site u got there!
Ward for Henderson

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy