[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

I think we will definitely see Frank Williams traded, by the deadline:
Author Thread
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
2/2/2004  12:39 AM
He's being dealt with, the same way, Antonio McDyess was, when IT first came here. It seems like he feels separated from the team (Just like McDyess). Why else would they be playing Moochie ahead of Frank. I think it's clear that Franks talent far exceeds Moochies talent level. Frank says that nobody on the Knicks (Higher staff) is talking to him. Just like the Dice situation. I cry to say this but I wouldn't be surprised if he was wearing the uniform of another team, VERY SOON.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
AUTOADVERT
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
2/2/2004  1:58 AM
i agree, i just hope it's for an athletic big man for our frontcourt.
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

2/2/2004  7:46 AM
One thing Zeke better do is trade him to a western conference team. Frank will really have something to prove if he stays in the east everytime he plays the knicks. This toying by zeke is gonna come back to bite him in the rear.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
realhiphop
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #533
2/2/2004  9:43 AM
It definitely seems like Frank is being left in the dust. You can tell he really wants to shine and contribute to this team. It's a shame that management can't be up front with him. I see a lot of potential, but I wouldn't mind somehow landing a big man. I just hope we don't give up too much!
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
2/2/2004  10:04 AM
Anyway Portland would take a package of Kurt and Frank in that 3 way deal wit atlanta?

Top 3 players I would like IT to make a run for would b

Camby
Shareef
Jamison
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/2/2004  10:04 AM
I totally disagree. I just think Wilkins is going to go with the veteran. Its a setback for Frank because he has to earn (again) a spot he already earned. Lenny is still in the phase of getting used to players and combos of players. Once this team and its rotation is stable Frank will get his chance to beat out Moochie.

There's a lot of pressure to win now and get this team into the playoffs, and because of the bad start there isnt much of a margin for error. Essentially Frank's starting over

I do hope Frank sticks around just because I like his style of play.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
KNICKSdom
Alba Posts: 8
Member: #545
USA
2/2/2004  10:37 AM
I won't be surprised if he is sent away in a trade. I hope he does stick around and earn his minutes back. Frank could be even more irrelevant if Knicks continues their upward surge with Moochie as the back up pg. That is basketball.
Knicks are happening and have a Unicorn.
spreeeewell
Member: #436
2/2/2004  10:57 AM
How can management tell a player; the reason we are not playing you is because we may trade you by feb. 19 and we don't want you to soak or even worst get injured. Before we start complainig we should wait until after feb.19.
I'd rather die on my feet, than live on my knees!
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
2/2/2004  11:12 AM
Posted by spreeeewell:

How can management tell a player; the reason we are not playing you is because we may trade you by feb. 19 and we don't want you to soak or even worst get injured. Before we start complainig we should wait until after feb.19.

Well, it's kind of backwards logic, one way or another. Williams sitting on the bench might signify to other teams that he's still feeling the effects of his pulled groin from New Year's. Or likewise, he stinks, thus he can't get off the bench with Moochie around.

Showcasing a player prior to a trade makes much more sense-- increases his trade value.

Might mean Moochie could be on the go.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
2/2/2004  11:22 AM
Posted by technomaster:
Posted by spreeeewell:

Well, it's kind of backwards logic, one way or another. Williams sitting on the bench might signify to other teams that he's still feeling the effects of his pulled groin from New Year's. Or likewise, he stinks, thus he can't get off the bench with Moochie around.

Showcasing a player prior to a trade makes much more sense-- increases his trade value.

I dunno wat the rule about trading plays b4 the 60 day waiting period is...can they trade moochie like by himself or is he just out of the question?
djsunyc
2/2/2004  11:36 AM
Posted by fishmike:

I totally disagree. I just think Wilkins is going to go with the veteran. Its a setback for Frank because he has to earn (again) a spot he already earned. Lenny is still in the phase of getting used to players and combos of players. Once this team and its rotation is stable Frank will get his chance to beat out Moochie.

There's a lot of pressure to win now and get this team into the playoffs, and because of the bad start there isnt much of a margin for error. Essentially Frank's starting over

I do hope Frank sticks around just because I like his style of play.

yeah, but didn't frank already do that. didn't wilkens say that frank was going to be the backup about a week ago and then after one game, he was riding the pine again. it's real confusing, but i think it's pretty evident that he's gone. especially after his interview with the media. same pattern with dice, chaney, and now frank.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/2/2004  12:21 PM
you would think the one being showcased is the one who's going to go and that would be Moochie. I pray to God it's him.
Caseloads
Member: #41
2/2/2004  12:30 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

you would think the one being showcased is the one who's going to go and that would be Moochie. I pray to God it's him.
I hope it's Mooch being showcased
djsunyc
2/2/2004  12:43 PM
mooch can't be traded until the offseason. since he was just traded for, you can only move him within 48 hours of the first trade, then it's 60 days after. so his eligibility to be traded is after the trading deadline. so showcasing is not the reason. wilkens just wants to go with a veteran he knows.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/2/2004  12:51 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

mooch can't be traded until the offseason. since he was just traded for, you can only move him within 48 hours of the first trade, then it's 60 days after. so his eligibility to be traded is after the trading deadline. so showcasing is not the reason. wilkens just wants to go with a veteran he knows.

I can't believe no one did the math. You are correct. Moochie was traded on 30 Decemeber. Crap.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
spreeeewell
Member: #436
2/3/2004  12:47 PM
Posted by technomaster:
Posted by spreeeewell:

My point is that perhaps (maybe) Isaih has a deal with another team who wants Frank Will and they instructed Isaih not play Frank Will to be on the safe side....who knows?
I'd rather die on my feet, than live on my knees!
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

2/3/2004  4:11 PM
How can you tell another team on not playing a guy if he isn't injured? Shaking my head...... wondering what is next
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
2/3/2004  7:15 PM
I'm pretty sure you can trade a player in a 1-for-1 deal before the 60 day waiting period, as long as it only involves 2 players. Not sure though.

If Williams gets them an athletic big man, then I'm all for it, who cres, Norris only plays like 7 minutes a game. I know its painful for those 7 minutes, but once he's out its so refreshing with a fresh Marbury out there and Moochie on the bench for the rest of the game. At least its not CSpoon, when that clown used to check in I'd have spasm, break into cold sweats, and develop an intense anger. I'm so happy he's gone.
#Knickstaps
I think we will definitely see Frank Williams traded, by the deadline:

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy