Williams Isn't Happy Sitting
Author Thread
nykdunk
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #570
USA
2/3/2004  11:14 AM
Posted by simrud:

FW is a second year player who has proven nothing, he has no right to complain about playing time.

WTF? 3 picture perfect games, fluke injury, and then loses his spot. The offense with FW runs smoother than it does even with Marbury. Stats don't reflect that.
If he wants to play over Norris then he must go out and dominate him in practice.

He did, which is why Wilkens elevated him over Norris for a game. But Wilkens decided to play him at the 2, which he is not and got the impression that he stinks. Again, this is probably because LW doesn't want FW to show off Marbury.
Norris had a very good game against the Suns, everybody knows what he can do. FW must prove he can do more. It's that simple.

To prove he can do something, he needs to be given a chance, which has not happened since LW came here.
Going out to the medai and crying is a sign of great immaturity.

It was only a matter of time before he cracked, and I don't blame him at all, not one bit of this is his fault. As I said, he has being playing out of position. You can't expect a passer to become a scorer. He has played better than Moochie has. That really really should be more than enough.
If you want to you go and talk to the coach and GM, not tell the media you are going to do that and then maybe do it. This is ludcrous, role players complaining about playing time (Anderson too).

But what exactly did FW and SA do wrong to deserve this treatment? FW didn't complain a bit. Neither did Shandon. And then they cracked. And rightly so. I would have to and I'll be damned if you wouldn't have as well. FW was playing great in his 3 games. And Shandon always tries his hardest. What is ludicrous is that both of them were benched for no apparent reason!
Just shows how loose Chaney was, he got this guys used to being able to walk all over the coach and GM.

Oh please. Ask Frank Williams how long it took him to convince Chaney to play him. Chaney was as stubborn as they get. He didn't play Doleac or Harrington at all. And he had no regrets benching Van Horn down the stretch of close games. He stubbornly kept Eisley in the starting lineup for...alooong long time. Chaney's stubborness, not his looseness, was what was his downfall.
Now we have real management and they are all crying like little babies. Give me a break, go out and prove you are better, its that simple, especially considering Lenny is known for evaluating based on play not anything else.

FW has played out of position and not been all that bad. Offensively, he is just not a scoring threat, but defensively he has been excellent guarding bigger players. Clearly, his coaching is not based on play, but rather, who he is more comfortable with, which in his case happens to be the players he knows the most.
Just look at him playing Doleac much more, he obviosly knows whom to play how much.

Playing Doleac more has caused Thomas to lose a lot of his confidence.

Just my thoughts.

[Edited by - NYKDUNK on 02/03/2004 11:18:00]

[Edited by - NYKDUNK on 02/03/2004 12:01:36]
AUTOADVERT
nykdunk
USA
2/3/2004  11:58 AM
Simrud, you're crazy if you think there is a logical reason Moochie is playing ahead of FW.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/3/2004  12:12 PM
I agree on KT losing his confidence but thats tough. He has to play smart no matter what.

and you may be on to something. Frank may not being playing because he might show he can be a better PG than Stephon. Actually no, there's no way they can question the worth of Stephon. I think the best scenario is if FW is traded for a big man which we desperately need.
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

2/3/2004  3:59 PM
Guns , nykdunk yea you guys are on to something I have believed all along. All the players saw what frank could do , but zeke doesn't want Frank to play because frank might run the offense smoother than starbury. Wilkens is a puppet to zeke demands period, the guy was out of coaching so he will do whatever zekes tells himto do.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
nykdunk
USA
2/3/2004  4:31 PM
Posted by gogetit:

Guns , nykdunk yea you guys are on to something I have believed all along. All the players saw what frank could do , but zeke doesn't want Frank to play because frank might run the offense smoother than starbury. Wilkens is a puppet to zeke demands period, the guy was out of coaching so he will do whatever zekes tells himto do.

I don't know who is behind this. It could be that LW is a puppet, or it could very well be that Lenny has free reign over the team. Whoever's doing it is (LW or IT), it is just plain morally wrong. You don't treat human beings like that.
gunsnewing
USA
2/3/2004  6:11 PM
Mad Dog wants Frank to be the backup PG. Finally I can agree with him lol He said I bet you Moochie has never had a 19pt/8assist game
nykdunk
USA
2/3/2004  6:28 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

Mad Dog wants Frank to be the backup PG. Finally I can agree with him lol He said I bet you Moochie has never had a 19pt/8assist game

Mad Dog..said something that made sense?

nooo....
gunsnewing
USA
2/3/2004  6:35 PM
lol

of course Mike was like I can't say because I honestly haven't watched.

Then why talk about them and give your opinion on the standings!!

I remember Jodi Mac saying about a month ago that the Knicks won't catch Toronto. Now look!

and today they were talking about who they rather have the Knicks play in the playoffs and Mad Dog said they have a best chance against Indiana!! I'm not sure the west has a chance against them! lol

I personally rather play the bucks, hornets or detroit.
Williams Isn't Happy Sitting

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy