[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

This Marbury trade will kills us
Author Thread
letitbeheard
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #543
2/2/2004  7:46 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:

Yes, the knicks can build a champion around Marbury, considering that the Nets came within 2 games of building a champion around Kidd. We need a couple of good players to take paycuts to join the Knicks for the MLE like the Lakers did this offseason. Sheed would be a great start this summer.
2 games doesn't mean winning, the spurs won because they were better. plus, the nets ran through a very weak east. nobody in the east was as good as the nets. not the pacers and not the pistons. the nets would be very lucky if they do it this year because the pacers are clearly better than them and maybe even the pistons. and, i have watched a lot of kidd, he's a far better team player than steph currently, reasons..., no argument please. plus, it's going to be very hard because the west has so many great ones for a long future. you really think that wallace or whatever trade or free agent we get can make that big of a difference in our attempt to win a championship? keep in mind how the west is build. if some west team loses its mind and trades their franchise big man that can really make a difference(not wallace imo), i'd go along with that but that would be very lucky. you know how luck goes. why didn't phoe give us amare in the package for all we gave them? give em frank, give em sweetny or whoever to make it work, atleast get amare to go along with it. wouldn't that have been grea?
malone and payton had a good reason, shaq and kobe! wallace: wow, i'm going to have to make this team lucky? can i pull them through the powerfull pacers let alone shaq, kg, duncan, need i go on.
it ain't going to happen for the forseable future, though i prey that it does and would be delighted.
AUTOADVERT
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

2/3/2004  7:00 AM
A voice of reason !
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
jazz74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #371
2/3/2004  8:35 AM
man, it seems every week i to defend this topic. alright, lets talk about what we traded. mcdyess, i love him to death, but he is done. it is a shame but he can not recover from three knee surgery in two years and be the dominant forward. he relied on athleticism for impact and that is gone. he is adjusting but he will never be close to 20/10. also you noticed in his interviews that he was'nt confident in himself. that is a good sign. we could let him walk away in the summer but it still would not help our cap. so trade him.
well, ward is old and eisley sucks so we can move on. lampe had a great summer but cam in out of shape. that shows he takes the nba seriously. hey, he might be good later but they predicted the same for nskilivitli ( correct spelling?) in denver when he was picked 4th two years ago. you see how much he is contributing. lampe was'nt hungry and it showed. he was'nt going to help us now and maybe not even in the next couple of years. as far as vujanic, **** him! he had an opportunity to play in the best city in the world and turn it down. now that he is trade to phoenix he is talking and saying he will play next year? what a ****! we do not need idiot that do not have their heart into playing for this great city. he was probably intimidated anyway. the draft picks? we were going to make the playoffs anyway with or without marbury. we are going to get our future all-star with the number 14th pick? come on man. plus this year's draft is among the weakest i have ever seen. so i do not care about this year's pick.

second, we received a young point guard who we could build around for many years. he is at the point of his career that he is hungry and determined to win. remember the rep kidd had before he went to new jersey. then he came and took over. marbury is already doing it. we have one of the best players at the most important position on the floor. but our future is destroyed? please!

playa2

2/3/2004  4:13 PM
What other team was successfully built for a championship around marbury ????
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
2/3/2004  4:33 PM
What other team successfully built championship teams around: Chris Webber, Dirk Nowitzki, T-Mac, Kevin Garnett, Jason Kidd, Karl Malone, Baron Davis, Yao Ming, etc, etc...

Of all the NBA players in the league, only a handful have had teams built around them win titles. Shaq, Duncan, Kobe... and Pippen.

If the Lakers and Spurs don't make it to the finals, no other team has championship experience. The Nets are the next best thing, having won more playoff series than anyone else over the last 2 seasons.

It takes a whole team to compete in the NBA, and the Knicks are pretty well stocked in two of the most difficult positions to fill. Marbury is just about as good as it gets in the NBA at PG, while a center tandem of Mutombo/Doleac/Thomas over 48 minutes is just about as good as it gets if you don't have Shaq, Yao Ming, or Divac/Miller.

At SG-PF, we could probably stand to do a little bit of upgrading, though what we have is pretty solid. Enough to get out of the east? Eh... maybe? Few teams in the NBA are stacked in talent.

Grabbing someone super with our MLE would be fantastic. If Rasheed is comfortable with the 80 million or so he's amassed over his career and wants to take a pay cut to play here, more power to him. I like Boozer's combination of power and efficiency. Ginobili will also be available; both would likely re-sign with their own teams, but sometimes free agents do weird things.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
2/3/2004  4:50 PM
lol... the hangups on this deal crack me up. What bothers you? The money? Is it your money? Do you have season tickets to the Knicks?

Here you have a GM thats saying to hell with payroll... I'm going to get the most talent and best players I can from other teams. The Knicks had VERY little in terms of chips. Some unknown unproven and probably overhyped Euro-players, a late or non lottery pick this year and a couple young players on the roster doing nothing but grabbing pine and some expiring contracts. And Zeke was able to turn that into a bonafide franchise PG.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
playa2

2/3/2004  5:27 PM
Marbury can't do what kidd is doing in Jersey he doesn't have the right players to play with. Therefore all he will be in NY is a bonafide pg who won't take his teams past the 1st rd. NUFF SAID!
letitbeheard
Member: #543
2/3/2004  5:44 PM
Posted by gogetit:

Marbury can't do what kidd is doing in Jersey he doesn't have the right players to play with. Therefore all he will be in NY is a bonafide pg who won't take his teams past the 1st rd. NUFF SAID!
shhhhh.. we don't know that yet. we sure will find out!
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
2/3/2004  7:02 PM
"Marbury can't do what kidd is doing in Jersey he doesn't have the right players to play with."

It has been what, 3 weeks since the deal? Obviously there are holes now, there are still more trades to be made, people to be signed, etc. Isiah will get the athletes Marbury needs around him, give it time. Rome wasn't built in one day. It took the Lakers a while to figure out the Shaq/Kobe thing, and MJ didn't win a championship every year, in fact, it took him till they got a guy named Pippen. Wait my man, it'll all come together (especially if Rasheed signs for the MLE in the offseason and the Knicks an start Starbury, Houston, Van Horn, Thomas, and Wallace).

Stop complaining it was a great trade. McDyess stinks, Eisley stinks, Ward stinks, Lampe is all talk and has a bad work ethic and he thinks he's a small foward, only about 8 players out of each draft turn into be good players, so I don't care about the picks, and I'd take Marbury over Vujanic at PG any day (what a ***** VUjanic, don't even get me started on him. Always saying how good he was but never coming over becuase he wanted playing time. Come earn it. I'm glad a player with an attitude like that is'nt on the Knicks.

If your comlpaint is cap room, the KNicks would've still been over the cap, they still would've had the clowns like Houston, Anderson, and Van Horn, and unless they were willing to buy them out (which they weren't) then the Knicks are still going to be over the cap for a while. They got the most for that crap anyone else could've got.
#Knickstaps
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
2/3/2004  7:16 PM
Posted by gogetit:

yes.. good point. Also.. we are stuck with a GM that NEVER changes the roster or gets new players... its another 9 years of Kurt, KVH and Houston.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Caseloads
Member: #41
2/3/2004  7:21 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

"Marbury can't do what kidd is doing in Jersey he doesn't have the right players to play with."

It has been what, 3 weeks since the deal? Obviously there are holes now, there are still more trades to be made, people to be signed, etc. Isiah will get the athletes Marbury needs around him, give it time. Rome wasn't built in one day. It took the Lakers a while to figure out the Shaq/Kobe thing, and MJ didn't win a championship every year, in fact, it took him till they got a guy named Pippen. Wait my man, it'll all come together (especially if Rasheed signs for the MLE in the offseason and the Knicks an start Starbury, Houston, Van Horn, Thomas, and Wallace).

Stop complaining it was a great trade. McDyess stinks, Eisley stinks, Ward stinks, Lampe is all talk and has a bad work ethic and he thinks he's a small foward, only about 8 players out of each draft turn into be good players, so I don't care about the picks, and I'd take Marbury over Vujanic at PG any day (what a ***** VUjanic, don't even get me started on him. Always saying how good he was but never coming over becuase he wanted playing time. Come earn it. I'm glad a player with an attitude like that is'nt on the Knicks.

If your comlpaint is cap room, the KNicks would've still been over the cap, they still would've had the clowns like Houston, Anderson, and Van Horn, and unless they were willing to buy them out (which they weren't) then the Knicks are still going to be over the cap for a while. They got the most for that crap anyone else could've got.
true, and i love the shaq quote
playa2

2/3/2004  7:30 PM
Keep on dreaming man, kobe shaq situation was cool when they got a new coach (phil jackson) same personnel. Ok keep waiting my man Dolan still is in charge and don't forget that! PF will be the main problem but we got starbury be happy!
playa2

3/13/2004  11:59 AM
Look at how foolish some of you have sounded!
This Marbury trade will kills us

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy