[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

SUNS' LAMPE NOT SHININ' YET - NY POST
Author Thread
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
2/1/2004  11:51 AM
Maciej Lampe doesn't believe the Knicks heisted the Suns in the Stephon Marbury blockbuster.

Asked if the trade could backfire on the Knicks if he and point guard Milos Vujanic turn into solid players and the Knicks' 2004 first-round pick turns into a lottery selection, Lampe said, "I think it will. It's just a matter of time."

For now, that's all the Suns have. Time to wait for those guys to develop. According to Suns' Zarko Carbakapa, he spoke to his Serbian countryman Vujanic after the trade and told him he's now planning to join him next season.

Meanwhile, Lampe is glad to be away from Isiah Thomas' Knicks. At least he's played in two games for Phoenix. Lampe never suited up for the Knicks and didn't get in last night's 110-105 loss to the Knicks.

"Next year, I want to be in the rotation," Lampe said. "It's up to me to prove I can do it. At the beginning I was frustrated. Now I'm happy. It's a better move for me. There's a lot of young guys."

The 18-year-old Pole never got off the Knick injured list. Battling shin splints, he had a horrible training camp and was on the injured list when the season began. He was still an untouchable in GM Scott Layden's view, even when his contract became tradeable Dec. 15. But when Thomas took over three days before Christmas and soon after questioned Lampe's "work ethic," his future in New York was doomed.

"I was surprised," Lampe said. "Sometimes guys say things to motivate you."

AUTOADVERT
Caseloads
2/1/2004  11:52 AM
Why'd we trade Lampe!!! UGH!
simrud
Member: #474
USA
2/1/2004  12:00 PM
I hated trading him too but this comment of his seems somewhat arrogran to me, I mean who is he to say anything in this league right now?
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
Caseloads
2/1/2004  2:25 PM
Posted by simrud:

I hated trading him too but this comment of his seems somewhat arrogran to me, I mean who is he to say anything in this league right now?
he's a 7 footer who is 18 years old who can shoot the trey, has a hook shot and knows that barring injury that he can and probably will be in the NBA for the next 15, 20 years
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/1/2004  3:12 PM
Posted by Caseloads:
Posted by simrud:

he's a 7 footer who is 18 years old who can shoot the trey, has a hook shot and knows that barring injury that he can and probably will be in the NBA for the next 15, 20 years

that's funny Case, weren't you warning everyone in the preseason that Lampe was slow-footed?
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Caseloads
2/1/2004  3:18 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by Caseloads:
Posted by simrud:

that's funny Case, weren't you warning everyone in the preseason that Lampe was slow-footed?
he is slow footed and should live in the low post. he's not a 3 or even a 4.
Stevo718
Member: #559
2/1/2004  4:49 PM
Whatever I'll believe these claims when I see them. I think these 2 ***s are seriously overated.
daddynel
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #505
2/2/2004  1:40 PM
Posted by Caseloads:
Posted by martin:
Posted by Caseloads:
Posted by simrud:

he is slow footed and should live in the low post. he's not a 3 or even a 4.
he's not a 3 or a 4, and should live in the post? word is he has NO post moves. should he be a 5 w/no post moves? i did'nt want to lose him either, but he becomes expendable when a team wants to compete now.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
2/2/2004  1:45 PM
whatever man.

he's gone - forget about him. he could average 25 and 15 every year till he retires, who cares? it's only a bad trade if he wins a championship before we do.
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
2/2/2004  3:07 PM
LOL folks are STILL whining about Lampe? Isn't there enough positives going on in Knicksville for us to have moved on already?

Lampe fans, shed your tears and get over it. He's gone. Starting more Lampe threads WON'T get his overrated ass traded back here. Thank God.
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
2/2/2004  4:40 PM
Posted by HARDCOREKNICKSFAN:

LOL folks are STILL whining about Lampe? Isn't there enough positives going on in Knicksville for us to have moved on already?

Lampe fans, shed your tears and get over it. He's gone. Starting more Lampe threads WON'T get his overrated ass traded back here. Thank God.

Yup. Like KVH
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
2/3/2004  6:45 AM

Sounds like every other euro big man that ever came into the league (barring Milicic)...All offense no defense...
~You can't run from who you are.~
SUNS' LAMPE NOT SHININ' YET - NY POST

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy