Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/2/2004  12:21 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by Armondaone:

I have a legit question im not sure but has peter vesay been right before? how accurate are his predictions? i was on the espn board and they were cutting him up.they said he is never right. i want to know is there any truth to that.

During the early 90's Vescey was THE reporter for NBA scoop. I think he got a little wacky during the late 90's and early 2000 - predicting and saying some of most off-the-wall stuff, could have been the effect of the Internet - but as of late has been a little more level headed. I would always take his reports with a grain of salt, but I do think they have a little insight behind them.

Always remember that GMs, coaches, players, agents, and player’s posse leak rumors. It's the reporter's job to filter. It's our job to figure out who made the leak and what angle they are playing. The report that Weed wants to sign with the Knicks strangely only benefits the Knicks. It kills potential deals. Very weird.

My guess is that Weed wants to stay close to his family in Portland for the remainder of the season and then what happens in the offseason is come what may (namely, mid-level in the city of his choosing).
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
2/2/2004  3:10 PM
Posted by martin:

Always remember that GMs, coaches, players, agents, and player’s posse leak rumors. It's the reporter's job to filter. It's our job to figure out who made the leak and what angle they are playing. The report that Weed wants to sign with the Knicks strangely only benefits the Knicks. It kills potential deals. Very weird.

Good point, Martin. As for the Sheed rumors, hey, the more angles that potentially benefit the Knicks, the better.
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

2/2/2004  3:53 PM
Yea just like Webber wanting to come play with Sprewell in NY. LOL
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
2/2/2004  4:52 PM
Or like ya boy FWill staying with the Knicks after the deadline. LMAO
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
Mac
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #470
Japan
2/2/2004  5:48 PM
Posted by Allanfan20:

I am just curious as to why you guys want Dampier, of all the people? If he were so good, then I would think that the Warriors would be a winning team, for the past couple of years. Yet, right now, with all the talent they have, they are competing with the Suns, for last place in the West. If he were better than Camby, then I promise you, the Warriors would be competing for a playoffs spot in the West. The is a guarantee.

Hm..where to start... Have you seen Dampier play this season? Do you realize how good the west is?
Mac
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #470
Japan
2/2/2004  5:54 PM
Looks like Wallace is getting traded just before the deadline to the Warriors.
Wallace Coming in the Summer?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy