[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Renaldo Balkman vs. Anthony Carter
Author Thread
Childs2Dudley
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #3051
USA
2/21/2011  7:29 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/21/2011  7:30 PM
We are supposed to get one of these guys in the trade.

Yes, they both suck, but Carter expires at the end of the season. Balkman will be paid $2 million for the next 3 seasons and effectively eat up precious cap space while providing absolutely nothing to this team. He didn't play for the Nuggets and he sure as hell will not play for D'Antoni.

The deal is bad enough as it is. Please don't add the cherry on top and take Balkman over Carter. At least carter will be a decent backup PG until the end of the season.

"Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us." - Earl Nightingale
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
2/21/2011  7:41 PM
I don't want Balk and the fact that a Denver reporter just said he thinks the Knicks are going to send some second round picks as well is just more disheartening.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
2/21/2011  7:50 PM
I likse Balkman but not at $2 million for the next 3 seasons (if that is what his contract requires). We need a backup PG, and while Anthony Carter is mediocre at best, he can at least give us some depth at a position of need. If Balkman's contract were better, I would be willing to deal for him. With the loss of DG and Chandler, we will need a defensive minded SF/PF at some point. Balkman could fill that role. If he ever stopped smoking weed, and focused on developing his outside shot, he actually would be a good SF.
Trust the Process
Childs2Dudley
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #3051
USA
2/21/2011  7:54 PM
If the trade includes Mozgov, multiple picks and any other assets from us and Balkman as well then it will go down as one of the worst trades in franchise story.
"Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us." - Earl Nightingale
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
2/21/2011  8:00 PM
I thought we were getting both of them..BTW they both suck, blkman showed promise at one point, I'm not sure what happen..carter is a good locker room guy
ES
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/21/2011  8:07 PM
Childs2Dudley wrote:If the trade includes Mozgov, multiple picks and any other assets from us and Balkman as well then it will go down as one of the worst trades in franchise story.
I think it is going to happen and I agree that it will be one of the worse trades in franchise history.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Paladin55
Member: #2098

2/21/2011  8:11 PM
Childs2Dudley wrote:If the trade includes Mozgov, multiple picks and any other assets from us and Balkman as well then it will go down as one of the worst trades in franchise story.

Yup- no doubt about it, IMO.

Surprised that Dolan and Thomas don't want to retain Curry and try rehabilitate both him and Balkman.

No man is happy without a delusion of some kind. Delusions are as necessary to our happiness as realities- C.N. Bovee
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

2/21/2011  8:12 PM
TheGame wrote:I likse Balkman but not at $2 million for the next 3 seasons (if that is what his contract requires). We need a backup PG, and while Anthony Carter is mediocre at best, he can at least give us some depth at a position of need. If Balkman's contract were better, I would be willing to deal for him. With the loss of DG and Chandler, we will need a defensive minded SF/PF at some point. Balkman could fill that role. If he ever stopped smoking weed, and focused on developing his outside shot, he actually would be a good SF.

If we need a backup pG, why not go after TJ Ford? I would definitely target Ford who is a high reward non risk player as his contract expires at years end.

Finestrg
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1069

2/21/2011  8:47 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/21/2011  10:47 PM
Cut 'em both, Balkman & Carter...Balkman we might have to keep because of the future salary obligation but if not, outta here Jack..Roger Mason too -- bye-bye finally..And I'd actually kick in Mozgov if they insist (maybe we can attempt to salvage that 2014 pick)..F Denver, F the Nets and Melo can kinda go F himself as well (dude's pissed me off throughout this whole process -- he better play his ass off once he gets here -- there's gonna be immense pressure on this guy, I wonder if he's really ready for that?) but when you get right down to it, Mozgov can't possibly hold up this trade from happening..Not only can't he play but he's owed $2.566M and almost $2.8M the next two seasons..I want that cap room...I might keep Shelden Williams just for size and frontcourt depth...or maybe not..Maybe I say adios muchachos to the Landlord as well..And Azubuike too -- if we don't deal him by the deadline cut him and open up that roster spot as well..

All that housekeeping would leave us with the following:

Amar'e
Melo
Fields
Billups
TD
Turiaf
Shawne Williams
Walker
Rautins
------------------------

Unless someone has a better idea, I'd like to see us pull a Golden State and reload the roster with superior D-League players -- some of the best players the D-league has to offer in fact..All-star caliber NBDL players...

C Marcus Cousin gets called up and takes Mozgov's place -- HUGE upgrade
PF Jeff Adrien takes Shelden Williams' spot at backup 4 behind Amar'e -- SUBSTANTIAL upgrade
SF DeShawn Sims gets called up and competes with Williams and Walker for those Wilson Chandler mins. -- I think DeShawn Sims is just as good a talent as W. Chandler, superior to Williams & Walker
SG/SF Othyus Jeffers gets called up and competes with Walker and TD for backup 2 mins behind Fields

First off this would require Dolan to OK some buyouts which he probably wouldn't want to do (dude doesn't give a **** about this part of the game -- he's got no friggin' idea but I betcha he tells Walsh no buyouts)..If by some miracle he could be convinced to eat some money in order to open up roster space, I'd call up each of these 4 standout D-leaguers to fill in the gaps..Each would get 10-day contracts with a chance to stick for the rest of the season and compete for a spot next year. It might take a little adjusting, but not before long I could see each of these guys assuming a vital role in the rotation, leapfrogging our own bench guys that would stilll be here..

5 - Turiaf/Cousin
4 - Amar'e/Adrien
3 - Melo/Sims/Shawne Williams
2 - Fields/Jeffers/Walker/Rautins
1 - Billups/Douglas

Far from a finished product but that'd be a real nice infusion of talent in all the right spots on the quick & cheap. Not sure why I waste my time (I betcha we keep every single piece coming from DEN, Azu and Mason too AND I betcha we don't call up anyone from the NBDL -- if we do grab a guy on the cheap it'll be Earl Barron even though I just listed 4 players far supeior to him) but if we ever had the balls to think outside the box like this and have been paying close attention to the NBDL this season, we'd be able to field a pretty decent team with improved depth almost instantly and for a good price..Who knows then, maybe some of these guys show that they're actually keepers (wouldn't surprise me AT ALL) and we bring them back next year..Call me nuts but this would be what I'd look to do right after the deadline passes..Audition time.

Renaldo Balkman vs. Anthony Carter

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy