CanadianKnicksFan
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #483
Canada
1/31/2004  2:38 PM
http://www.nba.com/games/20040130/MINLAL/recap.html

his play of late has been amazing

He's back to form

and for all the KVH haters,spree would not have reagained it at MSG.

spree was done as a NYK player

Pure Starks Love
AUTOADVERT
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
2/1/2004  7:46 AM
Well, I have to agree. I think he's benefited from this change of scenery-- I'm actually surprised at his return to form at age 33. IMHO, he's more deserving than Kobe for the starting spot, but I digress. I wonder if they'd be willing to have 3 Wolves on the team--- Cassell definitely HAS TO MAKE IT.

I don't know how well a lot of these Knick moves would have worked out had we not made the KVH/Sprewell trade. Would we have gone for Marbury? Would Sprewell simply have shined with Houston's injury and McDyess's return?
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/1/2004  12:21 PM
Spree is just simply trying now. He wasn't trying last year for the Knicks cos they were a joke.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/1/2004  12:43 PM
plus it's nice playing next to a superstar and an all-star point guard. Being in the playoff hunt doesn't hurt.

I think a lot of us could be putting up Spree-like number next to KG and Sam.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
2/1/2004  12:59 PM
I said at the beginning of the season that Sprewell would be playing much better, now that he has KG at his side. It's a special bonus, that he also has Cassel. He's still playing unselfishly, yet he's playing awesome. He's playing with talent. He's playing for a playoff spot. Would you be motivated like he is, as opposed to playing with Houston and basically, only Houston? I would. (No knock against Allan)
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
posterchild
Member: #547
USA
2/1/2004  1:53 PM
Posted by technomaster:

Well, I have to agree. I think he's benefited from this change of scenery-- I'm actually surprised at his return to form at age 33. IMHO, he's more deserving than Kobe for the starting spot, but I digress. I wonder if they'd be willing to have 3 Wolves on the team--- Cassell definitely HAS TO MAKE IT.

I don't know how well a lot of these Knick moves would have worked out had we not made the KVH/Sprewell trade. Would we have gone for Marbury? Would Sprewell simply have shined with Houston's injury and McDyess's return?
Right! Spreewell didn't play as hard as or as passionately as he had played in the past and now for the Wolves, with us last year. I wanted the trade to happen for that reason but definatly not for Van Horn. Whether he played that way because of his beef with the management or his time in New York had just worn out, i don't know.

Yea, Cassell should make it for sure, he has been one of my favorite players for a long time as for Spree, I think he'll make it because of the lack greart guards in the west.
Oh wait. What about Steve Finnley or Jason Richardson or even Shawn Marion? Oh well.
I don't know where we would have been at this point in the season had we had Spree. With the east being the way it is, I can't let go of the fact that we could have been leading our division instead of the Nets right now.
Frank Williams is the best knicks player this year. mad Respect
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/1/2004  2:04 PM
i can't believe Francis is starting in the West. He's having a terrible year.
daddynel
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #505
2/2/2004  1:59 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

popularity votes. plus stephs' in the east now.
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

2/2/2004  4:04 PM
If spree helps Minny get out of the 1st rd then and only then will he get props from me, that is what him a nd Sam was brought there for not just selling tickets.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
2/2/2004  11:51 PM
Spree is just simply trying now. He wasn't trying last year for the Knicks cos they were a joke.

Spreewell didn't play as hard as or as passionately as he had played in the past

I feel thats bull. Spree played hard as hell last season which was the reason we had a 500. record when he came back from injury. He had an undersized below average frontcourt, and average PGs. Everything he did he had to work twice as hard to get as he does in Minn. With Cassell & Garnett opening him up he can now hit more high % shots & sneak in for more rebs with Garnett drawing doubles & take more risk on D cuz he has great help D in Garnett. If we would have just improved the frontcourt and PG group Spree would be doing the same thing for us as he is doing for Minn. But instead we made him the scapegoat of last seasons mess. And completely blocked out that KT-Harrington was the frontcourt & Eisley-Ward were the PGs.

KVH has been playing well for us. And since Thomas is here instead of Layden & Marbury here I feel more comfortable with the trade. But I don't agree at all that Spree didn't play hard for us last yr.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
2/2/2004  11:55 PM

I can't believe Vince Carter has been the leading vote getter every year!

As for Spree, I'm disappointed that he basically took all of last year off. It would have been much more exciting to watch the Knicks if he had played with the passion last year that he's playing with now and that he played with in previous seasons on the Knicks.
Mac
Member: #470
Japan
2/3/2004  12:59 AM
I'd rather have Sprewell than Houston.
MaseInYourFace
Member: #546
Canada
2/3/2004  2:46 AM
Posted by gogetit:

If spree helps Minny get out of the 1st rd then and only then will he get props from me, that is what him a nd Sam was brought there for not just selling tickets.

i think they should finally break the first round curse. 3 scorers like that is exactly what a championship team needs. the holy trinity.
then you have a pretty solid wally, who is a decent 3rd option-and and amazing 4th option.

i agree that spreewell looks like he's playing harder now..some of those dunks he has are just flat out nasty with power. but it very well may just be that he gets less defensive attention because he has arguably THE prototype new generation player, and another stud in cassell
Yes! - Marv Albert
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
2/3/2004  1:43 PM
As for Spree, I'm disappointed that he basically took all of last year off. It would have been much more exciting to watch the Knicks if he had played with the passion last year that he's playing with now and that he played with in previous seasons on the Knicks.

I feel thats bull. Spree played hard as hell last season which was the reason we had a 500. record when he came back from injury. He had an undersized below average frontcourt, and average PGs. Everything he did he had to work twice as hard to get as he does in Minn. With Cassell & Garnett opening him up he can now hit more high % shots & sneak in for more rebs with Garnett drawing doubles & take more risk on D cuz he has great help D in Garnett. If we would have just improved the frontcourt and PG group Spree would be doing the same thing for us as he is doing for Minn. But instead we made him the scapegoat of last seasons mess. And completely blocked out that KT-Harrington was the frontcourt & Eisley-Ward were the PGs.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
2/3/2004  7:59 PM
I think the only guys who made him the scapegoat of last year wereJames Dolan and Scott Layden.

Spree never took a night off. He was a fierce competitor for us. Just b/c he didn't shoot at a high percentage, he continued to do everything else for us. We especially missed Spree, before we got Marbury. I think Spree was snubbed, b/c he deserves to be on the all star team, more than Steve Francis.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

2/4/2004  7:38 AM
Do you think stern and fellow owners would allow spree to participate in a all-star game when he publicly verbally abused a fellow owner(DOLAN) ? Nawwww NOT THE NBA.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
Spree making a run for the West All star reserves

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy