[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

We need Camby!
Author Thread
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
11/5/2001  3:37 PM
The Knicks would be a dominate eastern conference team with him for sure. Hopefully he can get back friday because we need him more then ever. Forget making a trade, he is the only piece to the puzzle we're missing right now.
AUTOADVERT
UKDad
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #31
USA
11/5/2001  3:56 PM
I don't see Camby as being the savior. See my Flawed Philosopy.
We need others to step up at the same time (AH, KT and the pgs)
Camby is also a tad bit delicate. He is too prone to injury.
The Old Man of UK...
Caseloads
Member: #41
11/5/2001  4:25 PM
Posted by UKDad:

I don't see Camby as being the savior. See my Flawed Philosopy.
We need others to step up at the same time (AH, KT and the pgs)
Camby is also a tad bit delicate. He is too prone to injury.
We should have traded Camby + Houston for Mutombo + an ATL 1st rounder when we had the chance... Sucks to be us.
Knixkik
USA
11/5/2001  4:34 PM
Why so we can get rid of two possible all-stars for a 36 year old center and a draft pick we would have done nothing good with? Hell no. I like what we have in Houston, Sprewell, and Camby we just need to put more talent around them. Our team will be fine as is as long as Camby is healthy and returning very soon. He is one of the league best centers and we need him in order to win.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/5/2001  5:03 PM
Posted by Knixkik:

Why so we can get rid of two possible all-stars for a 36 year old center and a draft pick we would have done nothing good with? Hell no.

I don't know if I would ever consider AH an all-star. Seriously, the guy hasn't shown me much more than being a taller John Paxon or Craig Hodges. At best, he's a one dimensional, excellent shooter. His ball handling is mediocre, rebounding - mediocre, defense - mediocre, leadership - mediocre, contract - huge.

An all-star contract - unfortunately in the Knicks' case - does not make an all star.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
11/5/2001  7:04 PM
AH has a beautiful jumper.

That's all folks

AH would suit good on a team that isn't height deficient. Maybe be the sixth man but NO PRESSURE to win the ballgame and AH is fine.

I donb't think AH is very tradeable though so we might as well trade him for big country or whoever has a ridiculous contract and add Knight to it and roll the dice in what we get in return. Whatever happens we need a strategy or something, would come in handy wouldn't it?
Knixkik
USA
11/5/2001  8:47 PM
I can agree that he hasn't proved to be much more then a great shooter, but it's early yet. Either way, he will still get his 18ppg this year no matter how inconsistent he is. Thats why he's not superstar, because he's so darn inconsistent. But unfortunately, thats how shooters are. Because of that, he needs to develop more to add to his game. Last season he showed signs of spark when he displayed a few quick drives to the hoop and showed he could take it hard with either hand. Thats what he has to do this year and i'm sure once he gets the thought of all that money out of his head he will start doing that. As for all-stars go, Sprewell is by far one and Camby, though unproven still, should become one. But like i said, the key is to put good talent around our big three. Thomas is fine at power forward though we could do a little better if the opportunity is there. Jackson is decent, but old and i think it's almost time to look for new starters. I like our bench, but we sure need a good back-up center. Harrington has great post moves and is only improving, so he's a guy to hold onto unless it's for a good center. Anderson provides what we need off the bench and i think we will hold onto him. Ward and Eisley are both good back-ups, but we only need one. And one player i have been really impressed with lately is Clarence Weatherspoon. He's got to get in better shape, but once he does he will be tough. He's a monster on the boards, can hit an open jumper, and for being so heavy he has an unbelieveably quick first step. In theory, i think we are in good shape, but this team will make or break themselves by the way they play together.
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
11/6/2001  4:00 AM
I think KT is our best chance to get a good center. I still like the trade KT+Ward for Forston and Dampier but GS probably doesn't..
VG
Member: #68
Australia
11/6/2001  4:18 AM
Posted by knicksbabyyeah:

I think KT is our best chance to get a good center. I still like the trade KT+Ward for Forston and Dampier but GS probably doesn't..

Yeah I think this may be wishful thinking. GSW will probably makes us take Sura off their hands.
Knixkik
USA
11/6/2001  3:32 PM
Posted by knicksbabyyeah:

I like Thomas for LaFrentz right now. Denver is hearing out trade talks and were interested in Thomas last year. BskBall.com article

The Nuggets have been entertaining trade talk involving Raef LaFrentz. The Forward/Center is unhappy in Denver, steaming mostly from the teams failure to ink him to a contract extension, but also because he continues to be the focal point of Issel's complaints about effort. Sources close to the situation say LaFrentz actually made concessions in the negotiations, offering to take slightly less than market value to get a deal done, and the Nuggets still passed. The Nuggets are not actively pursuing trade talk, according to sources, but say teams are coming to them. The Nuggets do want full value for LaFrentz, and because of his salary (still under a rookie contract), he likely would not return a similar skilled player, straight up. Once Antonio McDyess returns to the lineup, the Nuggets may get serious about LaFrentz, one thing is for sure, they will likely move him before the trade deadline.

LaFrentz and Camby would make a nice 4-5 tandom.

[Edited by - knixkik on 11/06/2001 15:32:45]
MCfan23
Member: #114
USA
11/6/2001  4:05 PM
I wish everyone would get off Houston's back! The guy didn't offer himself that huge contract, it was LAYDEN.

I agree with Knixkik, we have a great nucleus in AH, Spree and Camby. Spree provides the energy and explosiveness and the cuts to the hoop, the Cambyman does the dirty work, and Houston takes the jumpshots. I don't see a problem with this tandem...

All we need is one or two better role players here or there. MJax isn't good enough. Oh wait, who traded for him? LAYDEN.

Another half-decent big man would be nice. Danny Fortson, Raef LaFrentz, Adonal Foyle, whoever it is! Hey, Loren Woods would have been great. He would be starting for us now, doing a great job in Camby's absence, but instead, he's strutting his stuff with Minnesota. I seem to remember that a guy named LAYDEN passed him up for Michael Wright and Eric Chenowhat?!?

The blame for the poor start should not simply be on the $100M man's shoulders. Sure, he could have done a lot more in these first few games, but we have to accept that his J is gonna be off some nights. He lives and dies by the perimeter shot, so if its falling for him, great...if not, then get Shandon in for some hard-nosed D.

We have the foundations for a very good team here, we just need to go that extra mile sometimes. I still see our major roadblock as a Mr. LAYDEN...
We suck.
Knixkik
USA
11/6/2001  4:19 PM
We definetly have good talent with Sprewell, Houston, and Camby, but this team has always lived and died with their pride. We don't have that right now and thats why we aren't doing that well. Camby will bring back that pride to the Knicks once he gets in there and dominates. Until then, we just have to hope for a few big breaks and hope Camby gets healthy soon.
MCfan23
USA
11/6/2001  4:29 PM
Have you heard any updates on Camby's injury situation? Is it possible that he'll return for the game against Indiana?
We suck.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/6/2001  4:49 PM
Posted by MCfan23:

Have you heard any updates on Camby's injury situation? Is it possible that he'll return for the game against Indiana?

He gets his cast off tomorrow, and considering the Knicks don't practice on Thursday, he will probably not play in Friday's game.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
MCfan23
USA
11/6/2001  4:56 PM
That's a shame...he always does particularly well against the Pacers. I think he scored about 25 points against them twice last season.
We suck.
Knixkik
USA
11/6/2001  7:48 PM
Posted by MCfan23:

That's a shame...he always does particularly well against the Pacers. I think he scored about 25 points against them twice last season.
Friday and Saturday we play back-to-back games which means he probably won't be ready for Saturday's game either. After that we take a two day break and on that next Tuesday we face a tough match-up against Portland, a game Camby will hopefully be ready for.
We need Camby!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy