[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Far from guaranteed a playoff spot...
Author Thread
technomaster
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #426
USA
1/30/2004  10:29 PM
It looks like there will be 6 teams fighting for 3 playoff slots in the east.

The only guaranteed teams right now seem to be the Pacers and Pistons. NJ has wavered on and off a bit-- 2 games ago, NJ had fallen right back to the back-- it's amazing how far a 2 game winning streak takes you right now.

After defeating the Celtics, we're only 1 game behind the 7th seed. After a loss to Detroit, the Knicks are only 2 games behind the Raptors in 6th seed.

While the Knicks look like they're beginning to emerge, the Heat have been just as hot and stand a half game behind the Knicks, tied for 9th with the Sixers. The Cavaliers behind Boozer and crew are cutting into the gap, were only 2 games behind coming into tonight's action.

Milwaukee, NJ, and New Orleans are far from safe. They only have a 3 or 4 game cushion over the rest of the pack. A short 3 game losing streak puts you on the edge.

Of all these teams, Miami and the Knicks are looking strong--- Miami's young team is beginning to gel and Odom is becoming a consistent force. The Knicks, obviously, have had some big changes, starting with the addition of Marbury & Penny, who have filled up 2 of the Knicks biggest needs coming into the season. Toronto already made its big trade for Marshall/Rose. The Celtics are the weakest of the pack, having traded away Walker for nothing (w/ the injured Lafrentz) and Battie/Williams for Davis. Expect them to start dropping losses like they're going out of style. Philly is battered beyond belief--- and while we're seening the emergence of the 2nd coming of Ben Wallace (Dalembert), it's probably not enough.

So as of now, I'm saying Toronto/Knicks/Heat are in, with Boston, Philly, & Cleveland on the outside looking in.
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
AUTOADVERT
WOODMANnYk
Member: #529
USA
1/30/2004  10:34 PM
Yup!! It starting to look that way.

By the time this is over with, the 3 teams you had suggested, most likely will be ones qualified for the final 3 spots in the playoffs.
The Future. GO KNICKS!
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

2/28/2004  2:41 PM
If we don't start running the table we could get bumped and then struggle for 8th seed
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
2/28/2004  3:25 PM
Funny that you dug up my old thread.

Right now, I really like Cleveland as a playoff team. Boozer has been a complete beast, and in a half-court game, Ilgauskas can shoot over almost anyone (except Yao!). And yeah, at his size and age, Lebron has some amazing skills. I can see them getting up to as high as 6th seed with the amount of time remaining. They're just a hair behind us in the standings and things aren't looking any better for us.

If they get the 8th seed, I'd almost put money that they'd beat the Pacers in a first round series. They have too much mass in the middle for Jermaine O'Neal to deal with... and at least that'd vindicate IT's last two years of first round losses w/ the Pacers.

I think Miami has some good individual talent, and an Xfactor like Duane Wade could be deadly come playoff time. I think Odom can be contained. But of course they may not make it either.

The Raptors are looking weak w/o Rose and Carter. Unbelievable the amt of perimeter injuries they have. Even if Carter comes back, I think the loss of Alvin Williams for the season will makes things really tough.

How do the Knicks fit in? We're not playing well, and Marbury is the only individual talent other teams need to worry about. No one is afraid of any aspect of our team other than Marbury. However, it's long been known that if you stay home on his teammates, Marbury tries to do too much all by himself. Houston will have to return to form from last year for us in order to be taken seriously.
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

2/28/2004  5:13 PM
Yea Tech ya post was relevant so I dug it up , actually you were right on in your assessement. GOOD POST
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
Far from guaranteed a playoff spot...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy