[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Kenneth Faried
Author Thread
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
3/18/2012  3:32 PM
I haven't watched him but wow, his #s are off the charts!
AUTOADVERT
MarburyAnd1Crossover
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3650

3/18/2012  3:37 PM
He's from Newark, NJ. That's always a good thing. Newark is where Whitney Houston and Shaquile O'Neal are from. And also Frederick Eberhardt.
Carmelo Anthony is ANTI-BASKETBALL
earthmansurfer
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #858
Germany
3/18/2012  3:41 PM
I really liked the guy and was hoping we could pick him up with another pick. Thought he was a great pick for Denver.

I haven't seen him play so am not sure if his numbers match his play, but rebounding is rebounding. His last game was sure huge:

20 mins - 18 pts, 16 rebounds (6 off), 1stl, 1ass, 1block, 4PF

Now,that last number might get to be a problem as he is only 6'8" and 220 but I expect him to get bigger of course.

He is a special kid, he will probably re-invigorate that whole team.

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. Albert Einstein
mrKnickShot
Alba Posts: 16
Member: #3553

3/18/2012  3:41 PM
Newark knows how to put them out:

Jason Alexander, Jerry Louis, Ray Liotta, Joe Pesci, Conni Francis, Rick Cerone, Randy Foye Nick Swisher ...............................

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/18/2012  3:44 PM
He was a great pick but I dont think there was a chance with mike D as coach that wed take him. Take into equation the coach--but obviously that was part of the problem.
RIP Crushalot😞
VCoug
Member: #1406

3/18/2012  4:06 PM
I get a little wistful everytime I see him with a good boxscore because I was banging the drum to draft him last year. That's not to take anything away from Shumpert, I love his defense, definitely wish we could have gotten both.
Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
mrKnickShot
Alba Posts: 16
Member: #3553

3/18/2012  4:18 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:Some of us have been staking claims to players in the draft. The guy I want to see the Knicks draft is Kenneth Faried. The guy has very little offensive polish, is a bit undersized as a PF/C, but man does he have a motor and rebounds like crazy. SI did an article on him a couple weeks ago, probably because he plays at a small school. Anyway, there is no doubt in my mind that he'd be an immediate rotation player for the Knicks and should be available when the team picks.

Good call by a Supreme Being!

HugeKnick4
Member: #4051

3/18/2012  10:18 PM
I have seen him play in a couple of games. Nice.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
3/18/2012  10:22 PM
I wouldn't have had any problem with taking Faried. Kid reminds me of Rodman with how he stays up on his toes and even runs with his heels off the ground, bounces and has that crazy pogo stick, multiple jumping ability. He's fast too.
sealy
Member: #3291
USA
3/18/2012  10:33 PM
Yeah he's the guy I wanted as well, especially when he fell right into the Knicks laps, but Shumpert is going to have a solid career and I see him being on the NBA all defensive team at some point. I was unhappy with the pick, but hopefully Shump shows his worth once the playoffs begin.
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

3/19/2012  9:55 AM
mrKnickShot wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:Some of us have been staking claims to players in the draft. The guy I want to see the Knicks draft is Kenneth Faried. The guy has very little offensive polish, is a bit undersized as a PF/C, but man does he have a motor and rebounds like crazy. SI did an article on him a couple weeks ago, probably because he plays at a small school. Anyway, there is no doubt in my mind that he'd be an immediate rotation player for the Knicks and should be available when the team picks.

thank you... rare for me to get kudos around here

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
SupremeCommander

3/19/2012  10:03 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:This dude has been killing. 9 points and 7 rebs a game in about 20 minutes. I'm happy with Shump, but we would've been in good shape with either Shump or Faried.

Shump fills a need and I have been happy with what he brings and how he fits into the rotation. But when Billups was here instead, this one made no sense. Faried was so obviously a stud but was discounted for similar reasons to Lin--that he didn't play at a big-time school.

Faried had surgery to drastically increase how much oxygen his body can take in at a time. I mean try playing 35 mpg with cotton balls shoved up your nose. I really think he's going to be a major asset for a long time in the NBA. And maybe Pringles still has his job if Faried grabs those defensive rebounds against Chicago

SupremeCommander

3/19/2012  10:10 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/19/2012  10:14 AM
I can tell you who I'd spend our second round pick on this year try and acquire: Kyle O'Quinn. Definitely a late bloomer. Edit: might be able to get a better prospect with the pick though. Deep draft this year
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
3/19/2012  10:26 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:

"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
3/19/2012  10:34 AM
he looks good. Better than I thought he would be at this level, but Im still thrilled w/ Shump
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
SupremeCommander

3/19/2012  10:37 AM
nyk4ever wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:

that chit is fekking delicious

MS
Member: #724
3/19/2012  10:38 AM
He would have been a great pickup here and exactly what the team needed. Iman is a solid player, but you can get sign guys like him all the time. Great energy, rebounders, defenders sound like they are easy to get, but rarely does a team have someone that can elevate the entire energy level of a team.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
3/19/2012  10:55 AM
MS wrote:He would have been a great pickup here and exactly what the team needed. Iman is a solid player, but you can get sign guys like him all the time. Great energy, rebounders, defenders sound like they are easy to get, but rarely does a team have someone that can elevate the entire energy level of a team.

what wing players can handle the ball, have the size to play both guard spots, can score from all over and have shown to be top flight defensive players that are available all the time? Deltone West? Cmon man... Iman was a steal
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
RonRon
Member: #246
3/19/2012  11:41 AM
fishmike wrote:
MS wrote:He would have been a great pickup here and exactly what the team needed. Iman is a solid player, but you can get sign guys like him all the time. Great energy, rebounders, defenders sound like they are easy to get, but rarely does a team have someone that can elevate the entire energy level of a team.

what wing players can handle the ball, have the size to play both guard spots, can score from all over and have shown to be top flight defensive players that are available all the time? Deltone West? Cmon man... Iman was a steal

agreed, Iman gets a taste of blood, we know he will continue to work and get better this summer.
The only player I think has higher defense potential at G/F in the draft than him is, Kawi Leanord.
He has great size, moves much better, has great all round skills, and plays smart *probably Poppavich and the team*
But even he was drafted before us with the Pacers pick for George Hill.
Iman also plays defends the PG/SG, with great size at the PG.
But Leanord has the ability to lock down many players at the SG/SF.
2 very different positions, that are very important, and change the game.

With no center, we just couldn't draft a player of Farieds size to play the position.
It was a great pick for Denver and you can say teams missed out on him.
But in the end, I am very happy with what we drafted in Iman.

Anyone else think Tony Parker's physical abilities and skill sets are very similar to Lin's.
I think Lin's abilities are really close to Parker's, while Parker seems to use what he has a lot better.
They have some difference, but resemble each other close enough. While Lin can actually learn a thing or two by watching Parker.

MarburyAnd1Crossover
Member: #3650

3/19/2012  12:00 PM
mrKnickShot wrote:Newark knows how to put them out:

Jason Alexander, Jerry Louis, Ray Liotta, Joe Pesci, Conni Francis, Rick Cerone, Randy Foye Nick Swisher ...............................

Also Amiri Baraka, Rah Digga, and Tisha Campbell-Martin

Carmelo Anthony is ANTI-BASKETBALL
Kenneth Faried

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy