[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Van Horn For Wallace, Kurt T. is the X factor..
Author Thread
WOODMANnYk
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #529
USA
1/29/2004  8:23 PM
Knicks could get their man, only if they include Kurt Thomas in the package. Portland has said to the Knicks," No Deal if Thomas isn't included. I see their point.

By including Thomas who will opt out of his contract after the season, Portland's payroll will only be increased by 14mill instead of nearly 20mil due to having Thomas exercise his option and letting him go.

This trade does work under the Collective Bargaining Agreement.You have been assigned Trade ID number 1454856

Would Thomas give up two of his starting frontcourt players for a talented post-up big man like Rashweed W If I were Zeke, I'd do it in a heart beat. In a way, the Knicks do lower their payroll somewhat.
Roster might look like this>>
Pg. Marbury, Williams, Norris
Sg. Houston= hopefully he stays healthy
Cen. Deke,Doleac,Sundrov
Pf. Wallace, Harrington, Sweetney
Sf. Anderson, if not traded/ Hardaway

This team would definitely make some noise in the playoffs. They got their Pg. and their post-up big man. Now they would need to mesh!!!
The Future. GO KNICKS!
AUTOADVERT
Armondaone
Member: #379
1/29/2004  10:23 PM
i don't mean to beat a dead horse but i just need to comment on the reef and rasheed comparison. i was just watching the atl and portland game and rasheed is a monster compared to reef. yes reef is a good scorer and yes he does good on the low blocks but come on sheed play with a passion and swanger. Portland used him on the blocks tonight and sheed did some work. i know atl is a bad team and portland should beat them. sheed looked very effective on the block. Kurt T. is a good shotter/ rebounder/defender, I think that sheed is not as stiff as KT. when i watch reef and kt they seem like robot like in there moves to the basket not to say thats not good and effective but sheed seems smoother and more athletic. If portland accept kvh and kt for sheed i think they need to go for it. IF sheed in NY doesn't work we will be screw because our pf spot will have to be filled by sweeney and harrington. TO tell you the truth i would mind keeping kvh and getting sheed for like kt,oh, and somebody else. If the trade doesn't go through i might like to see mcd back for the some of the mle. I don't know how possible my ideas are but just a thought.
WOODMANnYk
Member: #529
USA
1/30/2004  3:55 AM
Now you see why Portland isn't just gonna give Rashweed for less. This Dude can play!!

Kurt, Harrington and another player isn't gonna do it for Portland. You have to add a long term contract into that package.
The Future. GO KNICKS!
jazz74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #371
1/30/2004  8:30 AM
i thought another problem with the trade is that portland wanted to include headcase ruben patterson and his hefty contract in the deal and isiah balked. i wish derek anderson was included instead but that is'nt going to happen since they trade mcinnis.
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
1/30/2004  9:54 AM
Why dont they throw in Shanderson and keep KVH - ship off KT too and possibly FWill? Would that work? Because a backcourt of Marbs, H20 - with KVH and Sheed in the middle/front - along with Deke, who is basically done - then this team is legit. Only if it works and the Blazers will bite on it though.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
Van Horn For Wallace, Kurt T. is the X factor..

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy