[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Gallo has been impressive since knee injury
Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
2/1/2011  9:13 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/1/2011  9:14 PM
nixluva wrote:What Gallo has is excellent ball control for his size. You never see him lose the ball on his drives until he gets hit. He's all lanky and clumsy looking but defenders can't avoid contact. Guys like Gallo and Pierce are masters at drawing contact and selling it to the refs. Gallo is learning how to finish stronger tho and that's a good development.

Yeah, but pierce has that jumper that has no business going in, but it always does..

I remember when spree got here, You had to get use to that jump shot, which look like it had no shot at going in, but some how found the bottom of the net on a regular.

ES
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/1/2011  9:48 PM
Gallo's midrange is the three pt line.

See that one like 5 feet beyond the line the other nite. Thats his three!

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
2/1/2011  9:50 PM
Nalod wrote:Gallo's midrange is the three pt line.

Ha Ha Ha. I was thinking the same.

eViL
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #561
USA
2/1/2011  10:19 PM
Nalod wrote:Gallo's midrange is the three pt line.

hahaha

check out my latest hip hop project: https://soundcloud.com/michaelcro http://youtu.be/scNXshrpyZo
tj23
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3119

2/2/2011  1:48 PM
Gallo was playing good even before the injury
umynot
Member: #2093
USA
2/2/2011  2:06 PM
nixluva wrote:What Gallo has is excellent ball control for his size. You never see him lose the ball on his drives until he gets hit. He's all lanky and clumsy looking but defenders can't avoid contact. Guys like Gallo and Pierce are masters at drawing contact and selling it to the refs. Gallo is learning how to finish stronger tho and that's a good development.

Gallo also avg's least amount of turn overs a game out of starters

His assists to Moz the other day were sick

Gallo being called uncoordinated is ridiculous ...... How many 7 footers have his handle?

Please some peeps just need glasses!!

KNICKS on the way UP!!!
umynot
Member: #2093
USA
2/2/2011  2:10 PM
Gallo has played well all year...... Like anyone he has had off nights and rumors early on got in his head!

I said from early that by play-offs Gallo will be are 2nd option and its looks like he is already there!!

KNICKS on the way UP!!!
abs
Member: #3390

2/2/2011  2:22 PM
felton has to be willing to make gallo #2 option...his play seems to me that he wants to be that....amare and coach need to force that to happen if we are going to take next step as a team
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
2/2/2011  2:31 PM
I'll put this post in both of the Gallo threads:

Since coming back from injury, 42% of Gallos shots have come from 3 point land. His season percentage is 47% and last year it was about 52 or 53%. One of those two. He has taken almost 7 free throws a game since coming back. He's been shooting 45% from the field as well. That could go up, obviously, but it's been a much bigger improvement. Plus his defense has been good.

Nothing to complain about him..... besides his rebounding.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Mray20
Member: #3138

2/2/2011  2:45 PM
Gallo actually reminds me of a combination of Turkoglu and Ginobili. He drives awkwardly but knows how to draw contact to get to the line, he doesn't take 3 steps like Ginobili does though.
No layups!
Bippity10
Member: #574
2/2/2011  3:27 PM
tj23 wrote:Gallo was playing good even before the injury

He's been playing well for about 3 months now. His improvement is not obvious because the points haven't gone up, but he has been developing very well since the preseason and first 3 or 4 game slump. Our biggest complaint about him was his consistency. If you look at his game logs since game 4 he's been in double figures almost every night(33 of 38 to be exact). That consistency is a major advance in development, but it's not obvious so we miss it. The next step for him is to improve his game to the point where Felton will use him as option 1A instead of always relying on Amare. Wilson is also in competition for this role and has developed similar consistency to Gallo.

As we discussed earlier Gallo has developed a solid drive to compliment his j. He now needs to develop a counter move when the coaches guard him with a smaller defender that can stay with his drives(or his shot isn't working). A mid-range pullup or post game will make him 1A, but he has to work. So far, though his game has really shown improvement. He has been very aggressive since the injury but he was not "passive" before the injury.

I just hope that people will like me
tj23
Member: #3119

2/3/2011  9:16 AM
Bippity10 wrote:
tj23 wrote:Gallo was playing good even before the injury

He's been playing well for about 3 months now. His improvement is not obvious because the points haven't gone up, but he has been developing very well since the preseason and first 3 or 4 game slump. Our biggest complaint about him was his consistency. If you look at his game logs since game 4 he's been in double figures almost every night(33 of 38 to be exact). That consistency is a major advance in development, but it's not obvious so we miss it. The next step for him is to improve his game to the point where Felton will use him as option 1A instead of always relying on Amare. Wilson is also in competition for this role and has developed similar consistency to Gallo.

As we discussed earlier Gallo has developed a solid drive to compliment his j. He now needs to develop a counter move when the coaches guard him with a smaller defender that can stay with his drives(or his shot isn't working). A mid-range pullup or post game will make him 1A, but he has to work. So far, though his game has really shown improvement. He has been very aggressive since the injury but he was not "passive" before the injury.

Well he has absolutely zero ability to shoot off the dribble. Every time he does it's a brick. If he can work on that in the offseason he will be impossible to stop. His post game isn't bad. He occasionally dupes a guy down low and gets an easy layup. But he doesn't have a reliable go to move in the post.
Nalod
USA
2/3/2011  11:13 AM
His inabilty to fold his napkin on his lap is laughable. It falls on the floor constantly!

If he can learn to do that and not use so much salt on his food I think he could be a great player.

Does anyone understand what level of fashion sense he has and if he is working on that? Kids Italian it should be pretty good!

I think we can put the Dirk Comparisons away. Dirk with one leg is still amazing!

Gallo is Turkobli or Ginoglu?

Gallos driving is coming at a cost to his outside shot. If he could do both I think he could be, uh, um, Oh? Melo?

Oops!

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
2/3/2011  1:55 PM
Can't wait for the day he develops that pull up jumper off his new found driving ability.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Nalod
USA
2/3/2011  2:07 PM
The love is spreading..........

Gallinari's value to Knicks is underrated
Italian sharpshooter's stats not indicative of worth
By Michael Salfino / SNY.tv
Fan Comments (1)Facebook Tweet Digg Print Email

Knicks swingman Danilo Gallinari is No. 2 in the NBA in free throws made per possession, and sixth best in the league in free throw attempts per possession. (AP)

Danilo Gallinari is the second most valuable Knick. And I'm not basing this on performance, but his current level of production.
He does not assert himself offensively in a manner that's in line with his offensive skills. Watch him and Wilson Chandler play and you think of Yeats' "The Second Coming." -- The best lack all conviction while the worst are filled with passionate intensity.

I don't know if Gallinari will ever be as aggressive as his talents warrant. It would be nice if the Knicks' point guards made sure he got more possessions. If he gives the ball back, just return the favor until he is forced to shoot or go to the basket.

Gallinari is fourth on the Knicks in possessions -- times shooting, turning it over or going to the free throw line (we calculate free throw attempts by 0.44 to factor in three-point plays and technical fouls). But he is No. 2 in the NBA in free throws made per possession and sixth best in free throw attempts per possession -- despite his team-high jumper rate of about 84 percent. So when he goes to the hoop, the whistle tends to provide the soundtrack.

I also wish he was a better rebounder on the defensive boards, for sure. His rate of about five boards per 36 minutes has not gotten better, and evidence suggests it never will.

I think if he got the ball earlier in the shot clock, he'd get more assists. This also is a function of his tendency to stand at the 3-point line on offense. He does not show proficiency in playing with his back to the basket, yet he's still a baby at 22.

Skeptics also point at his field-goal percentage (.426), but that's a garbage stat for Gallinari given his 3-point shooting and, especially, his prodigious rate of shooting free throws. Factor in all this, and his True Shooting Percentage is .609 -- best on the Knicks and 14th best in the NBA. Again, effective shooting percentage (which just counts three pointers) is not the best way to measure Gallinari because when he goes to the line on a shooting foul, that's essentially a made field goal attempt. You don't want to count all the shots where he doesn't get fouled (or that he makes on an "and one") and ignore those that result in a trip to the charity stripe for two (and sometimes three).

The core of this team now is Amar'e Stoudemire, Gallinari and Landry Fields for sure. Those are guys that have to be untouchable. New York needs to add Carmelo Anthony to this mix. I'm on the fence with Raymond Felton. I don't see enough athleticism. It's hard to discount the fact that his plus-minus at the point this year is in negative territory. You can live with with Felton at the point, but he's not a franchise player in my eyes. I thought he could be in November and December. Maybe he's simply tired (no point guard is averaging more minutes).

The prospect of adding Anthony complicates things for Gallinari. Anthony squeezes his minutes at small forward. But Anthony handles the ball well enough to play two guard. Plus, having Anthony and Gallinari on the court creates bigger matchup problems for the opposition than for the Knicks, I would wager. We're getting ahead of ourselves, perhaps. But Anthony to the Knicks seems more a matter of when, not if. If the price to obtain him includes Gallinari, the Knicks need to let this courtship play out in free agency because Gallinari is now too big a piece of the championship puzzle.

Michael Salfino writes for the Wall Street Journal and Yahoo! and is a regular contributor to SNY.tv.

AnubisADL
Alba Posts: 13
Member: #2771
USA
2/3/2011  2:13 PM
Nalod wrote:The love is spreading..........

Gallinari's value to Knicks is underrated
Italian sharpshooter's stats not indicative of worth
By Michael Salfino / SNY.tv
Fan Comments (1)Facebook Tweet Digg Print Email

Knicks swingman Danilo Gallinari is No. 2 in the NBA in free throws made per possession, and sixth best in the league in free throw attempts per possession. (AP)

Danilo Gallinari is the second most valuable Knick. And I'm not basing this on performance, but his current level of production.
He does not assert himself offensively in a manner that's in line with his offensive skills. Watch him and Wilson Chandler play and you think of Yeats' "The Second Coming." -- The best lack all conviction while the worst are filled with passionate intensity.

I don't know if Gallinari will ever be as aggressive as his talents warrant. It would be nice if the Knicks' point guards made sure he got more possessions. If he gives the ball back, just return the favor until he is forced to shoot or go to the basket.

Gallinari is fourth on the Knicks in possessions -- times shooting, turning it over or going to the free throw line (we calculate free throw attempts by 0.44 to factor in three-point plays and technical fouls). But he is No. 2 in the NBA in free throws made per possession and sixth best in free throw attempts per possession -- despite his team-high jumper rate of about 84 percent. So when he goes to the hoop, the whistle tends to provide the soundtrack.

I also wish he was a better rebounder on the defensive boards, for sure. His rate of about five boards per 36 minutes has not gotten better, and evidence suggests it never will.

I think if he got the ball earlier in the shot clock, he'd get more assists. This also is a function of his tendency to stand at the 3-point line on offense. He does not show proficiency in playing with his back to the basket, yet he's still a baby at 22.

Skeptics also point at his field-goal percentage (.426), but that's a garbage stat for Gallinari given his 3-point shooting and, especially, his prodigious rate of shooting free throws. Factor in all this, and his True Shooting Percentage is .609 -- best on the Knicks and 14th best in the NBA. Again, effective shooting percentage (which just counts three pointers) is not the best way to measure Gallinari because when he goes to the line on a shooting foul, that's essentially a made field goal attempt. You don't want to count all the shots where he doesn't get fouled (or that he makes on an "and one") and ignore those that result in a trip to the charity stripe for two (and sometimes three).

The core of this team now is Amar'e Stoudemire, Gallinari and Landry Fields for sure. Those are guys that have to be untouchable. New York needs to add Carmelo Anthony to this mix. I'm on the fence with Raymond Felton. I don't see enough athleticism. It's hard to discount the fact that his plus-minus at the point this year is in negative territory. You can live with with Felton at the point, but he's not a franchise player in my eyes. I thought he could be in November and December. Maybe he's simply tired (no point guard is averaging more minutes).

The prospect of adding Anthony complicates things for Gallinari. Anthony squeezes his minutes at small forward. But Anthony handles the ball well enough to play two guard. Plus, having Anthony and Gallinari on the court creates bigger matchup problems for the opposition than for the Knicks, I would wager. We're getting ahead of ourselves, perhaps. But Anthony to the Knicks seems more a matter of when, not if. If the price to obtain him includes Gallinari, the Knicks need to let this courtship play out in free agency because Gallinari is now too big a piece of the championship puzzle.

Michael Salfino writes for the Wall Street Journal and Yahoo! and is a regular contributor to SNY.tv.

Trade Value ++++++++++

I love it.

NY Knicks - Retirement home for players and GMs
Nalod
USA
2/3/2011  2:24 PM
Your right!

Melo and a no.1 for Gallo and Curry!

Gallo has been impressive since knee injury

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy