[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Next Nets Move......Trading Kidd?!?!
Author Thread
keyindabox
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #562
USA
1/29/2004  6:16 PM
On ESPN.com, there is an ESPN insider topic about how the Nets should trade Kidd as their next move. Now I think whoever wrote that article is on crack. Kidd is the biggest roleplayer on that team and when you take his talent and leadership away from the Nets, that means you're losing at least 25 percent of the talent on your team(meaning passing abilities,shooting,ect.)
"I usually mess up, but I learn. I come back sronger. Everyone changes, becomes better people. We all should get that chance. I just want my chance."-Tupac Shakur
AUTOADVERT
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
1/29/2004  6:19 PM
Posted by keyindabox:

On ESPN.com, there is an ESPN insider topic about how the Nets should trade Kidd as their next move. Now I think whoever wrote that article is on crack. Kidd is the biggest roleplayer on that team and when you take his talent and leadership away from the Nets, that means you're losing at least 25 percent of the talent on your team(meaning passing abilities,shooting,ect.)
25%!! More like 75%. I would like to see Kenyon Martin and Richard Jefferson do something without getting those easy baskets Kidd gets them with his passing. Those 2 are the biggest joke as stars.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
s3231
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #544
USA
1/29/2004  6:21 PM
I doubt they would trade Kidd, it would be a bad move especially since they want to move to Brooklyn. Why go to another state if you won't even be the best NBA team in that state? They will hold on to Kidd for now...
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
WOODMANnYk
Member: #529
USA
1/29/2004  7:29 PM
It was Chad Ford who was making a good point indicating that NJ won't get back to the Finals again.

Over the next several yrs, they'll be capped out and might lose Kenyon Martin after the season. Kidd, who is their franchise player will be 31 this yr and eventually time will be running out for his chances of winning a championship.

If they keep Kidd, pay mutombo's and Mourning's contract for the next 2 to 3 yrs, there won't be any room for improvements within the next 5 to 7 yrs.

Ford suggested that the Nets do like the Pacers a couple yrs back when they unloaded Antonio and Dale Davis, Jalen Rose , Mark Jackson and a few other veterans and obtained youngters such as O'Neal,Bender, Artest and others to form a young talented nucleus that will compete for the next 7 yrs. I see his concept...

[Edited by - WOODMANnYk on 01/29/2004 19:33:52]

[Edited by - WOODMANnYk on 01/29/2004 19:36:50]
The Future. GO KNICKS!
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
2/17/2004  10:45 PM
The Nets have made some good decisions regarding the draft in recent years (well, specifically the Griffin/RJ/Collins/Armstrong) trade. They got 2 starters out of the deal... PLUS they got Griffin back. I can't say how this is going to play out, but... if Griffin ever gets his head on straight, his addition is like having another lottery pick.

Without Kidd, I'd expect Jefferson's game to grow bigtime. He's shown the ability to play some point-forward. I don't think K-Mart can get much better (that's not to say an 18-10 player is something to sneeze at!).

There were some rumors floating around regarding Kidd getting traded for Tony Parker and change from the Spurs...
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
Next Nets Move......Trading Kidd?!?!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy