[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

what could have happened and what we could do.
Author Thread
letitbeheard
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #543
1/29/2004  2:58 PM
i was thinking about the fatspoon trade and something hit me. we could have done a better trade with houston(if they accepted). we could have tried give em fatspoon along with kurt or dikembe, for smoochie and mo taylor. that would have worked a little better for us. we wanted to get rid of fats and that would have made it a trade with kurt and mo being the main pieces.
i think we could still try to get taylor for kurt or dikembe along with either shandon(good deffender) or kvh(if they want him) or othella or whatever filler, i think we would also get a boshan nachbar or scott padgett or maybe even mobley. i think this would really improve our team because we would still have our stars, houston and marbury and a pretty ok(good imo) low post scorer and deffender in mo. instead of looking for a superstar low post play, a guy like mo can help, playing along with houston and marbury.
mo is athletic, strong, and skilled for a big man(6'9"). he could become a pretty good player for the knicks in the east. i don't think we loose much considering the way our roster is builr if we loose any of the above mention guys for a guy like mo.
Can it be done? what do you think about it?
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/29/2004  3:01 PM
Mo Taylor is one of their biggest contributors.
ARES
Member: #406
1/29/2004  3:07 PM
i like mo, we aint getting him, not in a trade at least. one of the few players in the nba with a legit post game.
NEW YORK, NEW YORK BIG CITY OF DREAMS, BUT EVERYTHING IN NEW YORK AINT ALWAYS WHAT IT SEEMS
letitbeheard
1/29/2004  4:29 PM
here are his stats.
Taylor, Maurice 39 0 28.3 .487 .000 .719 2.1 3.8 5.9rbs 1.3 0.6 0.7 1.9 0.70 3.3 12.3Pts
they aren't exactly "big time" because houston has a yao, the franchise, mobley, jim jackson(i don't know why this guy moves around a lot) and a guy like cato(deffensive player). i think they could use either thomas or dikembe along with anderson or maybe even sweetny, or maybe we could even give them frankie(i love his play but what can i do?) i mean, they had to call jackson outta retirement, couldn't thomas have thought of this before. van gundy likes deffense and he knows what thomas gives him and he knows all about mutombo. i think that they would get a good perimeter deffender in shandon or a rookie that could possibly become the next randaulf or a very solid up and coming point guard. van gundy likes deffense and that's exactly what these guys provide, and even a little offense to boost.
i like to think houston would find any of these offers reasonable because they can get a back-up deffensive minded center in dikembe, a pretty savy deffender in thomas, and they could choose from other pretty good role players that we don't seem to find room for. they got good offensive players allready, jvg's coaching mentality is deffense so, they will be in good shape in that aspect.
i really don't know if the contracts match up and if houston is willing to make a trade. just a thought that came to me.
mo can be a good player in the east!
s3231
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #544
USA
1/29/2004  4:35 PM
Posted by letitbeheard:

i was thinking about the fatspoon trade and something hit me. we could have done a better trade with houston(if they accepted). we could have tried give em fatspoon along with kurt or dikembe, for smoochie and mo taylor. that would have worked a little better for us. we wanted to get rid of fats and that would have made it a trade with kurt and mo being the main pieces.
i think we could still try to get taylor for kurt or dikembe along with either shandon(good deffender) or kvh(if they want him) or othella or whatever filler, i think we would also get a boshan nachbar or scott padgett or maybe even mobley. i think this would really improve our team because we would still have our stars, houston and marbury and a pretty ok(good imo) low post scorer and deffender in mo. instead of looking for a superstar low post play, a guy like mo can help, playing along with houston and marbury.
mo is athletic, strong, and skilled for a big man(6'9"). he could become a pretty good player for the knicks in the east. i don't think we loose much considering the way our roster is builr if we loose any of the above mention guys for a guy like mo.
I wouldn't mind having Mauric Taylor here, but, I wouldn't trade KT for him because I think that we could land a better big-man by trading KT (such as Rasheed). BTW letitbeheard, do you think that the Rockets are a top-10 team now,

"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
letitbeheard
1/29/2004  4:47 PM
Posted by s3231:
Posted by letitbeheard:

I wouldn't mind having Mauric Taylor here, but, I wouldn't trade KT for him because I think that we could land a better big-man by trading KT (such as Rasheed). BTW letitbeheard, do you think that the Rockets are a top-10 team now,
thomas has an expiring contract and we have to try to find a taker for him soon. if we keep thinkin about rasheed, we might not ever get to trade thomas before the dead line. man... i would do these trades thomas straight up for a guy like carlos boozer(hell yeah, he's a monstor), eton thomas, even a chris anderson(that would just be me) thats how much his value is declining imo game by game.
no, i don't think that houston is a top-team because they just got slapped by the kings on their own home court. till yao becomes a guy that commands atleast 20 shots per game, till they stop being inconsistent, till mobley stops lauching three after three, till the franchise becaomes a true point and a good scorer to go along with it, i wouldn't call them a top team. they have gotta be more consistent and beat good teams on their home court atleast.
NYK8
Member: #320
USA
1/29/2004  4:47 PM
Posted by s3231:
Posted by letitbeheard:

i agree,Wallace first.Dont get me wrong i have Taylor in my list of PF but he is last.Besides i think nobody is wanting to deal with his contract so that leaves us still an option.
!!!Knicks!!!
s3231
USA
1/29/2004  5:04 PM
Posted by letitbeheard:
Posted by s3231:
Posted by letitbeheard:

thomas has an expiring contract and we have to try to find a taker for him soon. if we keep thinkin about rasheed, we might not ever get to trade thomas before the dead line. man... i would do these trades thomas straight up for a guy like carlos boozer(hell yeah, he's a monstor), eton thomas, even a chris anderson(that would just be me) thats how much his value is declining imo game by game.
no, i don't think that houston is a top-team because they just got slapped by the kings on their own home court. till yao becomes a guy that commands atleast 20 shots per game, till they stop being inconsistent, till mobley stops lauching three after three, till the franchise becaomes a true point and a good scorer to go along with it, i wouldn't call them a top team. they have gotta be more consistent and beat good teams on their home court atleast.
Gotta give them credit though, the Rockets beat Indiana in Indiana, and they didn't get slapped by the Kings, it was a close game until the final minutes. I think the Kings only won by 5 anyway. I disagree with you on KT though, I think the Blazers want him and I think we should land Wallace even if we have to put Van Horn in there with KT.

[Edited by - s3231 on 01/29/2004 17:24:47]
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
s3231
USA
1/29/2004  5:05 PM
Oops, messed up the last quote
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/29/2004  5:17 PM
Posted by s3231:

you can use this icon: to edit your own messages.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
simrud
Member: #474
USA
1/29/2004  5:20 PM
Taylor is hardly better then KT, he is not a starting lowpost option, he had the chance to be that on the Rockets before they got Yao and he proved he can't do it. As for the other bums you mentioned, they aren't half as good as KT. Anderson only blocks shots, got no skills and is rail thin. Etan Thomas is worse at everything except for blocks. We already have enough of that in Deke. And Thomas said he will resign with the knicks now that McBust is gone. Get with the program playa lol.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
s3231
USA
1/29/2004  5:29 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by s3231:

you can use this icon: to edit your own messages.
Yea I know, I didn't want to change it again
MaseInYourFace
Member: #546
Canada
1/29/2004  5:55 PM
Posted by simrud:

Taylor is hardly better then KT, he is not a starting lowpost option, he had the chance to be that on the Rockets before they got Yao and he proved he can't do it. As for the other bums you mentioned, they aren't half as good as KT. Anderson only blocks shots, got no skills and is rail thin. Etan Thomas is worse at everything except for blocks. We already have enough of that in Deke. And Thomas said he will resign with the knicks now that McBust is gone. Get with the program playa lol.

taylor is FAR FAR better than KT. if you watched the rockets knicks game youwouldve seen how unfair it was to have that matchup for us.kt looked like a fat old man out there. someone pointed out earlier that kt earlier in career broke both ankles so you cant blame the guy, but he is stuck in mud, and taylor is a high energy guy with low post skills

even doleac has a better offensive game than kt. and don't start talking about d. just cause kt is willing to fight doesnt mean he can d people up. for example TAYLOR DOGGED HIM all day long.
Yes! - Marv Albert
letitbeheard
1/29/2004  6:04 PM
[/quote]
I disagree with you on KT though, I think the Blazers want him and I think we should land Wallace even if we have to put Van Horn in there with KT.
[/quote]
if the blazers wanted him, they would have done the deal already. but anyway. yup, they want him because of his expiring contract but the knicks have a kvh(i know they don't want him), penny(nope, i don't think so), houston(nope) need i go further. trades need some what of matching salaries so i don't think the blazers are thinking too greatly of a deal with new york, unless isiah, the so called "savior" gets really creative(lucky).
btw, i knew they lost by five but still a slap(like, you are just not there yet little guy) by a good team on houston's home court. the pacers game was very very close, indiana just couldn't pull it out but houston did, props to them bout it.
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
1/29/2004  6:08 PM
Taylor is not as good as KT. You guys are forgetting how undermotivated he is. He comes of the bench behind Calvin Cato! KT can actually defend! Dont forget Mo Taylor also makes a lot of money. More than Shandon Anderson! I dont understand where all this love for Maurice is comming from?

Even if you remember back when he was with the clippers, his best season was 17 pts 6 rebounds! And dont think he plays tough consistently. He is a very very lazy defensive player. I dont want him anywhere near NYC as a low post option.

[Edited by - Silverfuel on 01/29/2004 18:09:58]
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
s3231
USA
1/29/2004  6:12 PM
Posted by letitbeheard:
I disagree with you on KT though, I think the Blazers want him and I think we should land Wallace even if we have to put Van Horn in there with KT.
[/quote]
if the blazers wanted him, they would have done the deal already. but anyway. yup, they want him because of his expiring contract but the knicks have a kvh(i know they don't want him), penny(nope, i don't think so), houston(nope) need i go further. trades need some what of matching salaries so i don't think the blazers are thinking too greatly of a deal with new york, unless isiah, the so called "savior" gets really creative(lucky).
btw, i knew they lost by five but still a slap(like, you are just not there yet little guy) by a good team on houston's home court. the pacers game was very very close, indiana just couldn't pull it out but houston did, props to them bout it.
[/quote]
The Blazers didn't do the deal already because they want KT and Van Horn. If we offered them that (which I bet Isiah is thinking about doing) then we would probably land him for sure.
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
1/29/2004  6:12 PM
Posted by MaseInYourFace:

taylor is FAR FAR better than KT. if you watched the rockets knicks game youwouldve seen how unfair it was to have that matchup for us.kt looked like a fat old man out there. someone pointed out earlier that kt earlier in career broke both ankles so you cant blame the guy, but he is stuck in mud, and taylor is a high energy guy with low post skills

even doleac has a better offensive game than kt. and don't start talking about d. just cause kt is willing to fight doesnt mean he can d people up. for example TAYLOR DOGGED HIM all day long.
You must be mistaken. Maurice never destroyed KT. He hit open jump shots that were passed to him from Yao Ming and shot them before KT got there.

And thats exactly what Defense is, WILLING TO FIGHT!! Get low and stop the drive and stay quick. Mo Taylor is extremely unreliable.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
letitbeheard
1/29/2004  6:43 PM
Posted by Silverfuel:

Taylor is not as good as KT. You guys are forgetting how undermotivated he is. He comes of the bench behind Calvin Cato! KT can actually defend! Dont forget Mo Taylor also makes a lot of money. More than Shandon Anderson! I dont understand where all this love for Maurice is comming from?

Even if you remember back when he was with the clippers, his best season was 17 pts 6 rebounds! And dont think he plays tough consistently. He is a very very lazy defensive player. I dont want him anywhere near NYC as a low post option.

[Edited by - Silverfuel on 01/29/2004 18:09:58]
imo, taylor is definatly better than thomas, anyway, people in here keep posting that wallace is there first choice for coming here, i don't get it yea he's talented, yea he's a well publisized player, yea he's has potential? the guy has been in the league for about 7 years now, what is the time table on potential coming through for weed? and oh yea, he's also a mental case sometimes on the court as well as off. the guy has never averaged 20 pts a season in his career, yet gets publisized like he's a "crazy to miss" type of a guy. where did it all come from? oh yeah, could it be the on court antics, (i'd compare him to the worm but he's not as savy as him) the constant bad mouthing about the officials earing him fine after fine, the problems with david stern recently should prove something about his character.
people fail to realize that the knicks have a "super star" point guard, a "nba's best type" shooter, addition of kvh for good measure, yet people still think the knicks need much much more offensive improvement, that they should get a "potential" low post savior that isn't even considered the best on his own team. is steph going to pass it to sheed when he's standing at the three point line or is it houston? you guys make it sound like the knicks aren't even going to the play-off without a low post presence.
the knicks need a legit not a big-time low-post precence to keep the deffense honest, if they don't get wallace, it shouldn't be the end of the world because as a smart gm should do, isiah is looking for other ways to improve in that aspect. the knicks have scoring(atleast the got the talent for it), they have deffense in dikembe and kurt. why aren't they winning with all of that talent is the main question. we'll just have to see in the next couple of months whether every player can jell in team game.
if the knicks were 27-20 or even better rather than vice versa, i wonder what people would be posting about?
letitbeheard
1/29/2004  6:51 PM
The Blazers didn't do the deal already because they want KT and Van Horn. If we offered them that (which I bet Isiah is thinking about doing) then we would probably land him for sure.

i keep reading or atleast thinking that the blazers don't want kvh. is there any truth and proof that they they want kurt along with kvh's bad(imo) contract and his bad(imo) game.

what could have happened and what we could do.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy