[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Flawed Philosophy
Author Thread
UKDad
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #31
USA
11/5/2001  12:01 PM
The Knicks have had a flawed philosophy during the last several years. I realize that the pressure of playing in NYC is huge for any team or player. And, management is very demanding as well of coaches & players. Appearances, as well as filling the seats in the Garden are essential. Thus, management tries to hang on to players who will fill the seats at MSG & produce a team that will at least get into the playoffs.

This philosophy is about to backfire. Not only will the Knicks have difficulty getting into the playoffs this year, they may become eligible for a high first-round pick…. Mike will take the Wizards higher – & leave the Knicks behind. I do not see the Knicks taking any of the teams in the East with the players on the roster. Even Camby will have a hard time getting rebounds against the zone type defenses that seem to be working against the Knicks. And, seriously, do you think Camby will really make a huge difference? Does he have enough offense in the middle to draw a double team at this time? Don’t get me wrong, I think the Cambyman has value: he adds enthusiasm, vitality & works hard. The $100 million man has not been able to get going, & he is the one who needs to put the team on his back & lead the way. Not only with his scoring, but with all around play & leadership. Spree is the only superstar on the floor these days. I would hate to imagine what Spree is really worth if AH is worth $100 Million…

Is there a solution? Sure – there is always a solution. Let’s concentrate on being what destiny hands us this year, & get the younger players involved. Anderson, Postell, Eisley, etc need the minutes to develop. Get them on the floor. If they show they can’t make the grade, let the Knicks give up the $$s & bring the price of the seats down to a level with the aptitude & ability of the team.

So – do my ramblings make sense? I know it is early & everyone will say, “Wait until Camby gets back.” Do you have a better solution, at least one that will work? And the big question is “Does Management have a solution?”
The Old Man of UK...
AUTOADVERT
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
11/5/2001  1:14 PM
Posted by UKDad:

The Knicks have had a flawed philosophy during the last several years. I realize that the pressure of playing in NYC is huge for any team or player. And, management is very demanding as well of coaches & players. Appearances, as well as filling the seats in the Garden are essential. Thus, management tries to hang on to players who will fill the seats at MSG & produce a team that will at least get into the playoffs.

This philosophy is about to backfire. Not only will the Knicks have difficulty getting into the playoffs this year, they may become eligible for a high first-round pick…. Mike will take the Wizards higher – & leave the Knicks behind. I do not see the Knicks taking any of the teams in the East with the players on the roster. Even Camby will have a hard time getting rebounds against the zone type defenses that seem to be working against the Knicks. And, seriously, do you think Camby will really make a huge difference? Does he have enough offense in the middle to draw a double team at this time? Don’t get me wrong, I think the Cambyman has value: he adds enthusiasm, vitality & works hard. The $100 million man has not been able to get going, & he is the one who needs to put the team on his back & lead the way. Not only with his scoring, but with all around play & leadership. Spree is the only superstar on the floor these days. I would hate to imagine what Spree is really worth if AH is worth $100 Million…

Is there a solution? Sure – there is always a solution. Let’s concentrate on being what destiny hands us this year, & get the younger players involved. Anderson, Postell, Eisley, etc need the minutes to develop. Get them on the floor. If they show they can’t make the grade, let the Knicks give up the $$s & bring the price of the seats down to a level with the aptitude & ability of the team.

So – do my ramblings make sense? I know it is early & everyone will say, “Wait until Camby gets back.” Do you have a better solution, at least one that will work? And the big question is “Does Management have a solution?”

I say trade Camby (and Travis Knight, salary cap toss in) while he's injured for David Robinson, or Camby+Houston for Rasheed Wallace+Bonzi Wells...

Or Camby+Houston+KT for 'Sheed+Scrotty Pipp'n
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
11/5/2001  1:19 PM
Posted by Caseloads:

I say trade Camby (and Travis Knight, salary cap toss in) while he's injured for David Robinson

Um...WHAT? Camby (who totally outplayed the Admiral last meeting) for David? Are you mad? It makes us older and in 2 years without a center. Check the last game for Robinson when he was completely outplayed by Vlade D.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Caseloads
Member: #41
11/5/2001  2:31 PM
Posted by Andrew:
Posted by Caseloads:

I say trade Camby (and Travis Knight, salary cap toss in) while he's injured for David Robinson

Um...WHAT? Camby (who totally outplayed the Admiral last meeting) for David? Are you mad? It makes us older and in 2 years without a center. Check the last game for Robinson when he was completely outplayed by Vlade D.
Yes, but the Admiral, he'd be consistent, Rule the East, and we'd be able to start digging out from under the cap... which is the only way we'd be able to do anything.
john44
Member: #115
USA
11/5/2001  4:12 PM
The Knicks r goin to be in trouble for a few years unless they can make some trades to dump salary. ALso they have to stop signing average role players to big contracts, spoon trading for jackson, ward. These players r impossible to trade.Layden has to go and we never should have gotten rid of Grunfeld hes the one who got camby and signed houston and got spree. He would have been smart enough to get woods or some big man in the draft. I have no idea what was going threw laydens head when he signed spoon to such a big contract when we could have used that money on either marc jackson or maybe someone like Calvin booth. I never thought i'd see the knicks in such a bad position.
Matt
Flawed Philosophy

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy