[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Some Points Other then Frank vs. Starbury and Lenny good/bad
Author Thread
simrud
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #474
USA
1/28/2004  11:00 PM
I just came home from work went to see the scores, saw that the Sixers and Heat both lost, and realized that while on a 2 game loosing streak the Knicks went a full 1 game ahead in the race for the 8th spot. That is funny and said at the same time.

I think we have to make some changes to the starting lineup. After watching the past few games I noticed that the bench is playing much better then the starting five. Also, while the bench does outplay the opposition, mainly due to playing better D, they struggle on the offense. The starting unit on the other hand struggles on the defense. How about fixing that? Move either Van Horn or Houston to the bench as the six man, start Penny and also switch Doleac and Deke. The starting lineup still has enough scoring, the bench is even better on the D but has that big scorer to fuel its offense. Deke can't play more then 20 min a game anyways cause he is old and Houston and Van Horn are both hobbles and need to be rested aka play less minutes.

Just think bout before jumping of the cliff lol.
Starting lineup of Doleac Thomas Penny Starbury and Van Horn is very well balanced.
Bench of Deke, OH, Houston, FW and Anderson is also well balanced.
Some egos might be hurt, but hey, it’s either you.
sacrifice for the team or you are gone under Thomas.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
AUTOADVERT
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
1/28/2004  11:03 PM
i like the lineup changes but i know houston will never be benched....no matter what.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/28/2004  11:04 PM
interesting ideas but I would prefer if Allan just took 3-4 weeks off so that he can really help us later.
technomaster
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #426
USA
1/29/2004  12:34 AM
It always helps when hurting players are benched. Trying to work around their half-assed play usually does more harm than good.

The Knicks have a nice deep team right now, at least 2 deep at every position. There's no need for guys to play like "warriors"...

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
gunsnewing
USA
1/29/2004  1:13 AM
especially at the guard position. If KT or KVH went down i'd be more worried.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
1/29/2004  10:48 AM
Posted by simrud:

I just came home from work went to see the scores, saw that the Sixers and Heat both lost, and realized that while on a 2 game loosing streak the Knicks went a full 1 game ahead in the race for the 8th spot. That is funny and said at the same time.

I think we have to make some changes to the starting lineup. After watching the past few games I noticed that the bench is playing much better then the starting five. Also, while the bench does outplay the opposition, mainly due to playing better D, they struggle on the offense. The starting unit on the other hand struggles on the defense. How about fixing that? Move either Van Horn or Houston to the bench as the six man, start Penny and also switch Doleac and Deke. The starting lineup still has enough scoring, the bench is even better on the D but has that big scorer to fuel its offense. Deke can't play more then 20 min a game anyways cause he is old and Houston and Van Horn are both hobbles and need to be rested aka play less minutes.

Just think bout before jumping of the cliff lol.
Starting lineup of Doleac Thomas Penny Starbury and Van Horn is very well balanced.
Bench of Deke, OH, Houston, FW and Anderson is also well balanced.
Some egos might be hurt, but hey, it’s either you.
sacrifice for the team or you are gone under Thomas.

no way should penny start. if he starts, we have absolutely no type of scoring off the bench - this should be the rotation:

starbury - frank
shandon - penny
kvh, kurt, deke start and you have a rotation of them and doleac

frank should be EXCLUSIVELY the backup PG
penny should be EXCLUSIVELY the backup SG

shandon plays better when he starts and complements marbury well but alas, it's for not since shandon is going to be serving EXTREME bench duty now (if not waived)

this wilkens hire looks worse and worse by the day
i know, let's give it some time, sure, i buy that...but i still don't buy the fact that he was the first choice - it was a panic move, and i don't think he'll take us to the next step. especially with so many coaches available, the best course of action would've been to fire chaney, let malone coach the rest of the year and then look for a legit coach after the season. maybe the wilkens thing works out and we win, but i'm not buying it...
gunsnewing
USA
1/29/2004  2:32 PM
i would do that...I'd start Shandon.
Some Points Other then Frank vs. Starbury and Lenny good/bad

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy