[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

look at this year as rebuilding
Author Thread
MaseInYourFace
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #546
Canada
1/28/2004  8:48 PM
looks like it will take more time to undo what layden did here.

you may as well just look as this year as a rebuilding year, and we have a great pg to build around now, and if houston gets healthy then a damn good sg. but you can't count enough on kvh, and the 4 and 5 spots now are total liabilities (and in my opinion the most important).
Yes! - Marv Albert
AUTOADVERT
CanadianKnicksFan
Member: #483
Canada
1/28/2004  8:52 PM
It has been a mess since 1998.Pat & Lj covered things up.
Pure Starks Love
MaseInYourFace
Canada
1/28/2004  8:54 PM
Posted by CanadianKnicksFan:

LJ wasn't doing much,when he left, he was a liability..sadly he was much better than fatterspoon
Yes! - Marv Albert
CanadianKnicksFan
Member: #483
Canada
1/28/2004  8:58 PM
Fact is Pat & lJ worked in the low post
Pure Starks Love
MaseInYourFace
Canada
1/28/2004  9:02 PM

Fact is Pat & lJ worked in the low post

yea lj made some good contributions. but he was a hobbled player, had a real bad back. i dont know what kthomas' excuse is for not being able to get off the ground
Yes! - Marv Albert
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
1/28/2004  10:28 PM

Actually, what really covered things up was the acquisition of Sprewell at a below market price. But for his presence, the team would have sunk several years earlier.
knixphan
Member: #258
Switzerland
1/28/2004  10:36 PM
true - no way Starks would have fetched Spree in a trade if Spree hadn't fought PJ. -

"I will dress in bright and cheery colors, and so throw my enemies into confusion."
simrud
Member: #474
USA
1/28/2004  10:40 PM
Everybody forgets that Thomas has had surgery on both his ankles in the very beginning of his NBA carrier. Anybody who ever broke their ankle (not sprained, but actually broken it) knows how much of your lift you loose. And that's jut if you break one. He broke both, it’s a wonder he gets up as high as he does.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
MaseInYourFace
Canada
1/28/2004  11:41 PM
Posted by simrud:

Everybody forgets that Thomas has had surgery on both his ankles in the very beginning of his NBA carrier. Anybody who ever broke their ankle (not sprained, but actually broken it) knows how much of your lift you loose. And that's jut if you break one. He broke both, it’s a wonder he gets up as high as he does.

did starbury break him down with a killer cross or something?
Yes! - Marv Albert
s3231
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #544
USA
1/29/2004  2:29 PM
Posted by MaseInYourFace:

you may as well just look as this year as a rebuilding year, and we have a great pg to build around now, and if houston gets healthy then a damn good sg. but you can't count enough on kvh, and the 4 and 5 spots now are total liabilities (and in my opinion the most important).
Though it looks like that might happen if Houston doesn't get any better (Van Horn's injury is helping us either), we cannot rebuild. We just gave away most of our future to Phoneix along with this year's First-round pick. This team needs to at least make the playoff this year, anything other than that will be complete failure. I don't think Isiah is done dealing though, if the trading deadline comes and we are not playing that great, I think he will pull the trigger on a deal sending KVH and KT to Portland for Wallace and Patterson (assuming Wallace is still in Portland by the deadline). Hopefully Houston gets better, because without him I don't see where the scoring comes from this team.
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
spreeeewell
Member: #436
1/29/2004  2:52 PM

At least there is hope for next season we could look forward to next year. with Isaih incharge we know going to be better.The last 2 or 3 years were bad.watching smaller markets with smaller payroll having a better team then us hurt....but we're getting there patience my peeps..
I'd rather die on my feet, than live on my knees!
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
1/29/2004  6:58 PM
well i wouldnt consider this a reuilding year. When Isaiah got here, everyones goal was to just make it into the playoffs, despite wat IT said about a championship. And as u can see, we will only get better from this point on and we already have a playoff spot. Are only competition r philly and miami, and these two weeks witout iverson could give us a nice lead on philly
WOODMANnYk
Member: #529
USA
1/29/2004  8:29 PM

LJ wasn't doing much,when he left, he was a liability..sadly he was much better than fatterspoon

You must not be talking 'bout Larry Johnson. Bro, He's one of the main reasons why we kept making the playoffs during the late 90's.

C'mon, the four pt play!!! During Ewing's absence, who carried the offense in the low post. Who was the team leader in the clubhouse puttin people in check, LJ MAN!!!

LJ use to be a nightmare for certain players in the league cause of his stocky 6'6 self. The dude was lethal behind the 3 pt arc and a monster on the boards.
The Future. GO KNICKS!
MaseInYourFace
Canada
1/29/2004  10:39 PM
Posted by WOODMANnYk:

You must not be talking 'bout Larry Johnson. Bro, He's one of the main reasons why we kept making the playoffs during the late 90's.

C'mon, the four pt play!!! During Ewing's absence, who carried the offense in the low post. Who was the team leader in the clubhouse puttin people in check, LJ MAN!!!

LJ use to be a nightmare for certain players in the league cause of his stocky 6'6 self. The dude was lethal behind the 3 pt arc and a monster on the boards.

i loved that 4 point play but dude that A. was total luck and B. looking at the replay, it shouldn't have even counted.
Yes! - Marv Albert
s3231
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #544
USA
1/29/2004  11:11 PM
Posted by MaTT4281:

well i wouldnt consider this a reuilding year. When Isaiah got here, everyones goal was to just make it into the playoffs, despite wat IT said about a championship. And as u can see, we will only get better from this point on and we already have a playoff spot. Are only competition r philly and miami, and these two weeks witout iverson could give us a nice lead on philly
Yea I agree with you, I don't think we are rebuilding, we are basically re-tooling the team. We can't rebuild with this team, especially since we gave away most of our future to win now. I still think we are one big trade away from contending for the East.

[Edited by - s3231 on 01/29/2004 23:22:09]
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
MaseInYourFace
Canada
1/30/2004  12:55 AM
Posted by s3231:
Posted by MaTT4281:

Yea I agree with you, I don't think we are rebuilding, we are basically re-tooling the team. We can't rebuild with this team, especially since we gave away most of our future to win now. I still think we are one big trade away from contending for the East.

[Edited by - s3231 on 01/29/2004 23:22:09]

i think,hope, for more of a mid level trade. i'd rather get a strom swift than wallace. that way we could keep vanhorn and only dump kthomas and maybe frank,and then pick up a draft pick as well.
Yes! - Marv Albert
look at this year as rebuilding

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy