Zeke is to blame
Author Thread
GoNyGoNyGo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #411
USA
1/28/2004  2:10 PM
Posted by Elite:

goget it you have like 4 different names on this board and u guys all post these crazy ideas based on your love affair with frank wililams... i like Frank too, he is a good player, but you really go to far and im getttin real sick of seein all your ridiculous posts after post that make little to no sense take it elsewhere buddy, all thse theories of yours belong on a conspiracy theory website.. next thing we know u guna be like ISIAH IS WORKING WITH THE GOVERNMENT.. STEPON IS REALLY AN ALIEN PLANNING TO TAKE US DOWN FROM THE INSIDE

please enuff is enuff

I don't think anyone is saying that FWILL is not a good player now. He is. On his best night, he is still not as good as Stephon.

The trade for Stephon, give nY something to build around. With a healthy Houston and KVH, Ny would have some pieces to play with. The reality is that neither guy is healthy now. NY needs to let Allan rest, give Anderson the starting job to increase his trade value and let Penny play the 3 for the next week. Hopefully those gusy will come back healthy.

To get a low post presence of some value, IT will have to wait until the last week of the trading deadline. I also think KT will have to be traded to make it happen.

The big guys I like arE:

Swift
Wilcox
Jamison
Rahim
Wallace

If IT gets one of them to go with a healthy H20 and Stephon, NY WOULD BE A GOOD TEAM.

AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/28/2004  2:11 PM
Posted by Elite:

goget it you have like 4 different names on this board and u guys all post these crazy ideas based on your love affair with frank wililams... i like Frank too, he is a good player, but you really go to far and im getttin real sick of seein all your ridiculous posts after post that make little to no sense take it elsewhere buddy, all thse theories of yours belong on a conspiracy theory website.. next thing we know u guna be like ISIAH IS WORKING WITH THE GOVERNMENT.. STEPON IS REALLY AN ALIEN PLANNING TO TAKE US DOWN FROM THE INSIDE

please enuff is enuff

yes, and just to be far, playa is not currently used and gogetit is. That't it. We are working to get that back to normal. Now those posts after posts... that's a different story.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/28/2004  2:19 PM

Isiah bought the buzz back to the Garden!

and like all good buzz's, there is a price to pay.

GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
1/28/2004  2:22 PM
Clyde likes the moves:

http://msgnetwork.com/content_news.jsp?articleID=v0000msgn2004-01-28T02-00-26-3-91&newsgroup=columnist.article&sports=basketball&team=Knicks&league=nba
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/28/2004  2:25 PM
Posted by GoNyGoNyGo:

The big guys I like arE:

Swift
Wilcox
Jamison
Rahim
Wallace

If IT gets one of them to go with a healthy H20 and Stephon, NY WOULD BE A GOOD TEAM.

Anyone know the difference between Wilcox and Ely? They are both on LAC and play the same position. Especially with Brand one of those 2 guys has to be available.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
ARES
Member: #406
1/28/2004  4:39 PM
i love when guys like playa say a low post player was the first priority.

like we are shopping in kmart.

in the nba this is how it works, a team has to be willing to give to get.

truth is if you had half a brain you would understand most teams dont want to give up a low post player.

most teams that have are good.

they dont grow on trees.

and they are very few bonafide low post players in the nba. isiah is not going to pass up a deal for a bonafide low post player but for what the knicks have to offer i doubt if he got the opporuntiy either.

you guy talk about getting a low post player and then we win the championship.

it takes time, years even. layden buit a horrible team
NEW YORK, NEW YORK BIG CITY OF DREAMS, BUT EVERYTHING IN NEW YORK AINT ALWAYS WHAT IT SEEMS
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
1/28/2004  6:03 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by GoNyGoNyGo:

The big guys I like arE:

Swift
Wilcox
Jamison
Rahim
Wallace

Anyone know the difference between Wilcox and Ely? They are both on LAC and play the same position. Especially with Brand one of those 2 guys has to be available.

I think Wilcox is of the Kenyon Martin mold while Ely is of the Antonio Davis type. I am not saying that they are as good as the other 2 but that is how I would differentiate the both of them.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
1/28/2004  6:13 PM
We need to give Zeke some time before we say he messed up. Same with Lenny. You have to admit that with Lenny there is a chance that he won't be out-coached on a nightly basis. Chaney was just horrible with subs, time-out management, defensive schemes. I mean Lenny at least devices a succesful offensive play most of the time after timeouts.

The only reason I wasn't too happy about the trade was the inclusion of Milos and Lampe in the deal, but with the way Lampe played the last time I caught a Phoenix game I am no longer as upset. At least until I see Milos play.

Playa - You have the let the fascination with FWill go. He is good but not an all-star caliber type PG. With his type of play, he should take notes on how Action Jackson used to play. Mark had a post-up game, this would be beneficial to Fwill's game.

If you have a chance to get a superstar type player, you go for it. Other than giving too much, it was a move that had to be made.
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
1/28/2004  8:09 PM
Playa, you may want share some of FW's playing time to Chaney. If Chaney would've played FW earlier in the season, Starbury may still be playing with the Suns. I agree with the ticket sales, dead skins did the same with bringing back Gibbs. You have to admit, bringing in Zeke and watching deal after deal is exactly what Big city flavor is all about: Wheeling and dealing. The nickel and dime act Layden was accomplishing was just pissing fans off.

And IMO Zeke has 2 final trades.

Lenny still has a way to go before any acceptance factor in the coaching department is worth while. I would have preferred a disciplinarian type on the lines of Rick Carlisle
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
Swishfm3
Member: #392
1/28/2004  8:10 PM
Posted by gogetit:

, a backup small sg-sf (penny)who's legs are shot and you can't depend on him Plus his salary is outrageous to boot.

[Edited by - gogetit on 01/28/2004 12:34:30]

for a minute there I thought you were talking about Houston....
Swishfm3
Member: #392
1/28/2004  8:15 PM
M. Ely is up for grabs...in college he had a mean inside game. I would be surprised if Zeke manages to get a Superstar PF.

he needs to get second tier player that can bang...I believe the Clippers will give up Ely. I will even give J.Howard from the magic a look at.
MaseInYourFace
Member: #546
Canada
1/28/2004  8:45 PM
obviously you are wrong. stephon is a huge upgrade at point guard, and wow better players draw more people!!! big f'in concept there!

Posted by gogetit:

Everbody talking about Leny doesn't know the players enough well Zeke should have kept one of CHaney's assistants to run the team(brendan malone) then that wouldn't be an excuse. Just proves the signing of Marbury and Wilkens was about tickets sales , but in all reality it's about to blow up in Zekes face. Another thing is this Wilkens says he saw something with Frank Williams in practice that moved him ahead of moochie right. Well Zeke doesn't want frank to play too much at the pg position because it's gonna show that we didn't need to trade for marbury because we already had one in frank Williams. Thomas doesn't care about playoffs remember he wants to win a championship , this is why we are playing funny rotations.

[Edited by - gogetit on 01/28/2004 07:11:52]
Yes! - Marv Albert
Zeke is to blame

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy