[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

That was a DAMN good article . .
Author Thread
GucciKnick8
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #17
USA
11/5/2001  10:58 AM
WOW! March on . . .I am down for any plan that rids us of Scott, I can't improve the Knicks Layden".
"You never know here in New York, stuff can happen on any given day," - - -Marcus Camby23
AUTOADVERT
Caseloads
Member: #41
11/5/2001  1:09 PM
Posted by GucciKnick8:

WOW! March on . . .I am down for any plan that rids us of Scott, I can't improve the Knicks Layden".
But who are we going to get to GM the Knicks - we need someone with leverage, and Scott has none.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/5/2001  1:37 PM
Posted by Caseloads:

But who are we going to get to GM the Knicks - we need someone with leverage, and Scott has none.

I don't think it's the the case that we need someone with leverage, we need players that a GM can leverage with. From the land of double negatives that make no sense: we ain't got no one.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Caseloads
11/5/2001  2:37 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by Caseloads:

I don't think it's the the case that we need someone with leverage, we need players that a GM can leverage with. From the land of double negatives that make no sense: we ain't got no one.
I think right now we have alot of tradeable elements on our team if we'd only let them be traded:
Anderson
Camby
Eisley
Harrington
Houston
Mark Jackson
Sprewell
KT
Charlie Ward
Weatherspoon

GMs around the league would have interest in any of those players. How much interest is the key component, but all of these players have worth, maybe just not worth as much as we are paying them.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/6/2001  10:15 AM
Posted by Caseloads:
Posted by martin:
Posted by Caseloads:

I think right now we have alot of tradeable elements on our team if we'd only let them be traded:
Anderson
Camby
Eisley
Harrington
Houston
Mark Jackson
Sprewell
KT
Charlie Ward
Weatherspoon

GMs around the league would have interest in any of those players. How much interest is the key component, but all of these players have worth, maybe just not worth as much as we are paying them.

I dont know:

• Ward - big contract, bad knees, bad play

• Mark Jackson - Old and 2 more years on his contract (although he would be a good mentor)

• Houston - Gargantuan contract and a smooth stroke (and nothing else)

• Harrington - Othella is a player, but because of the size of his contract (small) I would submit that it makes him untradeable in the sense of equity in return for ability.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Caseloads
11/6/2001  12:03 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by Caseloads:
Posted by martin:
Posted by Caseloads:

Anderson
Camby
Eisley
Harrington
Houston
Mark Jackson
Sprewell
KT
Charlie Ward
Weatherspoon

I dont know:

• Ward - big contract, bad knees, bad play

• Mark Jackson - Old and 2 more years on his contract (although he would be a good mentor)

• Houston - Gargantuan contract and a smooth stroke (and nothing else)

• Harrington - Othella is a player, but because of the size of his contract (small) I would submit that it makes him untradeable in the sense of equity in return for ability.

Houston - portland would take him
Mark Jackson - Wizards (especially Jordan) would take him
Ward - ATL and GSW would take him.
Harrington - he's an equalizer throw in, like Ward+Harrington for someone decent/better than average with a larger salary - or to make an offer more attractive.
MCfan23
Member: #114
USA
11/7/2001  5:17 AM
I really don't think Layden is capable of instigating a big-time trade that would help us.

There is surely a more competent GM out there to replace him with...
We suck.
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
11/7/2001  8:36 AM
Posted by MCfan23:

There is surely a more competent GM out there to replace him with...

Jerry West...paging Jerry West, where are you?
PURE KNICKS LOVE
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
11/7/2001  8:53 AM
fugeddaboutit..

Red Auerbach still has his wits right or is he too old?

Bill Bradley?

Pat Croce?

Clyde Drexler?
Caseloads
11/7/2001  1:22 PM
Posted by knicksbabyyeah:

fugeddaboutit..

Red Auerbach still has his wits right or is he too old?

Bill Bradley?

Pat Croce?

Clyde Drexler?
Red's too old. Bill's in politics. Clyde's in Denver (you didn't know this, he's like assistant GM to Kiki).

PAT CROCE, you're our man
Caseloads
11/7/2001  1:23 PM
Jimmy D (James Dolan) pick up the phone and dial...
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
11/7/2001  1:34 PM
Posted by Caseloads:

Wasn't Pat the President...not the GM. I don't think he had much to do with player evaluation and trades. He would be a good addition to the NY organization regardless.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Caseloads
11/7/2001  1:48 PM
Posted by Andrew:
Posted by Caseloads:

Wasn't Pat the President...not the GM. I don't think he had much to do with player evaluation and trades. He would be a good addition to the NY organization regardless.
Well, Layden is President and GM - he (Pat Croce) had a great amount of player input into the 76'ers. And was able to pull of big trades and wasn't afraid. We could make Pat Croce President and GM of the knicks - he has the necessary leverage around the league to get our deals done, and not get bullied - like Layden and JVG! Checketts never got bullied, and neither did Ernie.
That was a DAMN good article . .

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy