[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Ward back in the House: SA v Knicks Thread (1/27)
Author Thread
CanadianKnicksFan
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #483
Canada
1/27/2004  10:14 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by CanadianKnicksFan:

Lenny is awful

Geee 19 ****ing minutes for KVH.
WTF

Enough with Penny & Moochie

didn't see the game. wasn't he hurt?

shoulder i quess
Pure Starks Love
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/27/2004  10:14 PM
you guys are completely right. We will never beat the elite teams until we have a low post threat. We have to many pussies on this team which is why Doleac, harrington and Penny end up playing most of the minutes.
nykdunk
Member: #570
USA
1/27/2004  10:15 PM
Posted by martin:

Lenny is awful

Geee 19 ****ing minutes for KVH.
WTF

Enough with Penny & Moochie

didn't see the game. wasn't he hurt?

KVH was hurt. Penny was hurt a few years back, and isn't back to the same form. I don't know about Moochie, but when he plays my spine starts hurting.
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
1/27/2004  10:18 PM
KVH really has gotta go. If it isn't his shot being off, he's hurt. I see I am gonna have to bring that "KVH 'Hurt'" thread back.
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
CanadianKnicksFan
Canada
1/27/2004  10:18 PM
AH needs the IR for a month
Pure Starks Love
CanadianKnicksFan
Canada
1/27/2004  10:19 PM
lenny makes the guys sleep.Me as well
Pure Starks Love
CanadianKnicksFan
Canada
1/27/2004  10:20 PM
Not my night Wes Clark lost as well.......grrrrrrr
Pure Starks Love
nykdunk
USA
1/27/2004  10:21 PM

AH needs the IR for a month

I can live with AH in the lineup bum knee and all if I can get a 100% guarantee that Moochie will never see another minute again. God, Moochie has me thinking Howard Eisley was ok...kind off.

[Edited by - NYKDUNK on 01/27/2004 22:22:41]

[Edited by - NYKDUNK on 01/27/2004 22:25:47]
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
1/27/2004  10:25 PM
Are we all just ignoring these two retards accidently or was there a memo that I missed?
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
nykdunk
USA
1/27/2004  10:26 PM
Posted by Silverfuel:

Are we all just ignoring these two retards accidently or was there a memo that I missed?

Who you calling retard? Moochie?
Silverfuel
USA
1/27/2004  10:27 PM
Posted by NYKDUNK:

Thats really funny! I was talking about the two postings stupid stuff just so people will pay attention to them.
CanadianKnicksFan
Canada
1/27/2004  10:36 PM
Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by NYKDUNK:

Thats really funny! I was talking about the two postings stupid stuff just so people will pay attention to them.

? which retards?
Pure Starks Love
nykdunk
USA
1/27/2004  10:38 PM
My thoughts on the game:

I thought the game was just a complete mess. Turnovers, missed shots, botched plays, fluke shots. And the combination of Duncan's brilliance and the Knicks clutch futility cost us the game. Duncan had what I thought was an off-night, yet he still put up 30 points and had 19 rebounds. Probably why he is the MVP. I have a few problems with Wilkens. 1) He decided to put Anderson back in the rotation for no real reason, and Anderson did very little right. 2) He also played Moochie in favor off Frank Williams who had played well the last game. Two very dubious decisions if you ask me. 3) Then in the second half, after the Knicks were drawing closer he decided to sub Frank with AH, who had sat on the bench forever? I'd say Wilkens needs to be slapped for some of those decisions.

Other than that, I also have to say that off late Kurt Thomas' play has absolutely gone down the sewer. When he doesn't hit his shots, he is useless. Even his defense, which had been strong, has tailed off because he is back to square one: foul trouble.

Speaking off foul trouble, is it just me, or does Othella Harrington, Michael Doleac, and the penalty go hand in hand? It took us less than 3-5 minutes to get into the penalty in the second quarter and San Antonio attempted 11 more free-throws on the night. They made 9 more free-throws than us and won by 10. Anyone see a correlation?

Just my two sense.

Silverfuel. I don't know if you implied me, but if you did, I promise to bring more useful insights like above to the boards in the future.

[Edited by - NYKDUNK on 01/27/2004 22:39:42]
Silverfuel
USA
1/27/2004  10:43 PM
NYKDUNK: I wasn't talking about you at all. I actually enjoy reading your posts. The Duncan point for example. Off night with 30 pts 19 is sooo true. I really dont like this guy anymore. He reminds me of Pete Sampras. Basic sound fundamentals, execellent work ethic, too mcuh power and machine like consistency.

Wilkens makes weird moves too but we gotta give him the 2 years that Chaney got and even if we do, I dont think we will ever have a coach that fans completely agree with. I dislike shandon anderson and really hope he never plays again.
nykdunk
USA
1/27/2004  10:50 PM
Thanks for the vote of confidence. I think I went a little too far with the "Fire Wilkens" post earlier in this thread. I just can't stand Moochie. He can't play defense, and he just completely shuts down the offense with never ending dribbling, ala Howard Eisley. I am just simply baffled at what exactly Lenny sees in Moochie that isn't in FW's arsenal.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/27/2004  10:57 PM
Posted by NYKDUNK:

My thoughts on the game:

I have a few problems with Wilkens. 1) He decided to put Anderson back in the rotation for no real reason, and Anderson did very little right. 2) He also played Moochie in favor off Frank Williams who had played well the last game. Two very dubious decisions if you ask me. 3) Then in the second half, after the Knicks were drawing closer he decided to sub Frank with AH, who had sat on the bench forever? I'd say Wilkens needs to be slapped for some of those decisions.

I am wondering if Wilkens is still getting used to his players. Saying that though, I think I do remember him saying that he was not going to change much.

You never know which players Thomas needs playing for trade purposes (Moochie, Frank, Anderson, whatever) but his rotation and sub patterns do seem strange. Actually awful.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/27/2004  11:00 PM
the only way we get better is by trading KVH or letting all the big contracts like Penny and Allan run out. We have no chance at signing a low post player til then
nykdunk
USA
1/27/2004  11:03 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by NYKDUNK:

My thoughts on the game:

I have a few problems with Wilkens. 1) He decided to put Anderson back in the rotation for no real reason, and Anderson did very little right. 2) He also played Moochie in favor off Frank Williams who had played well the last game. Two very dubious decisions if you ask me. 3) Then in the second half, after the Knicks were drawing closer he decided to sub Frank with AH, who had sat on the bench forever? I'd say Wilkens needs to be slapped for some of those decisions.

I am wondering if Wilkens is still getting used to his players. Saying that though, I think I do remember him saying that he was not going to change much.

You never know which players Thomas needs playing for trade purposes (Moochie, Frank, Anderson, whatever) but his rotation and sub patterns do seem strange. Actually awful.

Well, I do think Anderson is definitely being showcased, but I just don't see many teams willing to take on his contract. And it was my understanding that Zeke couldn't trade Moochie for at least 90 days after he was traded which is still a while away. Frank has more trade value, so if Zeke wanted to showcase someone, Frank would be the logical choice. But Frank isn't getting to playing time so I think that decision is more on Wilkens. And that decision is just bizarre if you ask me.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/27/2004  11:11 PM
Posted by NYKDUNK:
Posted by martin:
Posted by NYKDUNK:

My thoughts on the game:

Well, I do think Anderson is definitely being showcased, but I just don't see many teams willing to take on his contract. And it was my understanding that Zeke couldn't trade Moochie for at least 90 days after he was traded which is still a while away. Frank has more trade value, so if Zeke wanted to showcase someone, Frank would be the logical choice. But Frank isn't getting to playing time so I think that decision is more on Wilkens. And that decision is just bizarre if you ask me.

it's 60 days and Eisley is gone so Anderson has a chance. I guess anything is possible.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
1/27/2004  11:16 PM
you know what's really killing us?
it's not van horn - b/c he's not expected to carry us (he's the 3rd option)
it's not kurt b/c he's there to grab rebounds and hit open jumpers
it's not deke b/c he's there for defense and that's it
and it's not the bench

well it is all of that to some degree but the main reason we can't improve our record is b/c h20 is SHOT. since marbury has been here, h20's knees have acted up, and his shot is not falling. he's counted upon to be the #1 scorer on this team and he's not doing it. and when his shot is not there, he adds ABSOLUTELY NOTHING else. his passing is awful and there's no defense. him and his constant knee pain is killing us.

on the flip side, we have enough people that should step up in his absence...but do we? i don't think penny can do it on a regular basis, and kvh is having nagging injuries and now is having confidence issues with the coach. #1 priority must be to get an athletic PF here, but maybe we could try to get ron mercer from san antonio. we need someone to spell h20 and lenny insists on using frank - why i don't know. everyone knows he's the backup PG.

i wasn't a fan of lenny wilkens but i am taking a wait and see approach. i wanted to get to .500 by the allstar break but i don't see it happening. since the atlanta game, i thought we would go 5-5 to the allstar break, and now we're 1-2 with 7 more to go. looks more like a 3-7 record.

it's obvious moves need to be made, but we may have to wait till the offseason.

on a side note, i see a team like milwaukee and i WISH we could trade rosters with that team (marbury included). they're so young, so exciting to watch, and play hard and like a team. oh well...at least we're not like chicago.

[Edited by - djsunyc on 01/27/2004 23:20:48]
Ward back in the House: SA v Knicks Thread (1/27)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy